Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Cam
Stroking it...

Default AUII Wagon Rotors - Anything special?

Hi All,

As the title suggests, and probably a stupid question.. I am after rotors for my AUII Fairmont wagon (with TC). Will any old rotors to suit an AUII do? (more worried about the rear, never even touched a leaf rear end before)

Also, I am lookin on evilbay at the moment for pads and cheapish rotors. Anybody got any recommendations on a seller / brand to buy? Am after slotted for the front, but just stock for the rears.

Thanks guys
Cam

Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: AUII Wagon Rotors - Anything special?

Cam,

I've got RDA slotted on the front and rear, with QFM pads and it's been great for years.

Even when I had my front pads replaced (after many years) the rotors were still great and didn't even need machining.

That's the combo I'd gladly go with again.

With regards to the leaf rear end, it's not a problem. You may find that the biggest problem is getting the rear discs off. Many have had to belt the life out of them to get them off.

I guess they stay on for a lot longer than the fronts generally and so rust becomes more of an issue. Just really drown them in WD40 or the like and let it really soak in, before attempting to hammer them off.

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #3
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Before you try and remove the rear discs you may want to back off the parking brake adjuster inside the drum. It's not uncommon for the drums to wear over time and wear a groove in the drum and with the brake shoes adjusted up they snag the drum and are a ***** to remove.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Cam
Stroking it...

Thanks guys.

Ended up with RDA Slotted front and rears and QFM pads for $365 posted to Sydney.. Pretty happy with that!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up Re: AUII Wagon Rotors - Anything special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Thanks guys.

Ended up with RDA Slotted front and rears and QFM pads for $365 posted to Sydney.. Pretty happy with that!
Nice work!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
Cam
Stroking it...

GK - How did you find this combo noise-wise? I've done 200km (about 70 in stop / start traffic on the hwy) and they are still realllly noisy