Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-04-2022, 09:59 AM   #1
mickyj

Default Ford Focus 2012

I have a ford focus 2012 . Any problems I had after I got it from dad the dealer fixed . Now it’s done just over 55’500 KMs . Sometimes the computer cuts out the KMs left in the tank . Yesterday I had over 1’400 Ks . This morning bin my drive computer said car doesn’t do hill starts . It started drove it to another part of Adelaide moved it twice second time same thing no Ks car doesn’t do hill starts . Got home no issues started again said 11 Ks of fuel even though the gauge says I’ve used a quarter of a tank !
Any clue what’s suddenly gone wrong
mickyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
mickyj

Default Re: Ford Focus 2012

Ok for anyone reading this . I had to go out three short drives the computer told me from home to number one to number I had 20 Ks of fuel arrow said I’d used a 1/4 tank . Stop 2 it may not have started very well . Stop 3 go to start beep beep no fuel fuel arrow on E computer said 0 then 1 km . I drove to service station the arrow was on half a tank filled tank up $14. Now if it was half or empty takes a lot more than $14 to fill up . Arrow went to half and then full . Drove the few minute to home switched off waited 20 seconds . Turned it back on fuel tank arrow on full computer said 8 KMs
Any clue what’s going on
Old 21-04-2022, 04:36 PM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Left field possibility - strange things started happening on the display of my LV when the battery was getting to the end of the life, and it was only about 2 1/2 years old / 25,000 km at the time.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-04-2022, 10:12 AM   #4
mickyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
Left field possibility - strange things started happening on the display of my LV when the battery was getting to the end of the life, and it was only about 2 1/2 years old / 25,000 km at the time.
I have thought of that to this morning again in drive computer says no hill start drove to Glenelg north parked got back fine computer said 20 Ks of fuel drove to drakes supermarket back to 0 when I finished picking up a few things . Parked her in the street if it dies can use the other car . I will call the RAA if it dies totally if they can’t get her going I told the service centre at the dealers I’ll get her towed to them . She can sit there until they fix her if need be .
Issues
Computer not saying fuel Ks computer not liking starting in my drive .
The backing beeper has never worked since I got her off my dad not sure if it’s connected . Another thing we can’t get IPhone to connect . Not sure if the last two are connected to this .

If it’s the battery the RAA will change it
Old 22-04-2022, 10:14 AM   #5
mickyj

The other thing the service centre worker said car needs to have the auto transmission replaced they’ve been recalled they’ve never contacted me or told me that until yesterday when I called . It had its full service in January ok I’m like a 100’000 or more Ks below what she should’ve used
Old 23-04-2022, 08:04 AM   #6
mickyj

Ok I parked in front of the house in case it didn’t start . And it’s dead so I’ve called the RAA see if it’s the battery
Old 23-04-2022, 09:19 AM   #7
mickyj

Ok was the battery go figure
Ford service centre could’ve told me check the battery