Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Old 01-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #331
gtp292

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Photos belong to the bloke who is selling them. When pics are taken for a mag (Street Fords) you have to sign a consent saying that they own the pics they take and do what they want with them. If I asked I am sure I would get a discount because he has asked to take more pics when I finish it ....... Might have to get one for the Pool Room!
I have been asked on several ocassions to feature my car in the various magazines. It's for these absurd conditions and others like them that I will continue to tell them to "go and get f.....".
gtp292 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 01:43 AM   #332
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

thats a shame, but understandable gtp292. I'd much rather read about and admire your car than the hundreds of XY's that seem to be the flavour of the year..
Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #333
cob115
COUPE WHORE

heres a pic of my xa falcon.poor baby has been stuck in the shed locked in behind other crap,now its a drama to dig here out,real unmolested 1972 xa faimont zero rust : ,its so stock its scary now to even put fat wheels on it,come on sumer need some cruzing weather cheers pat :evil3:

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #334
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

mmmmmm is that walnut glow?
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #335
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
mmmmmm is that walnut glow?
yes ,walnut glow,nice smooth old gilr to drive,got space issuse at home ,not for long building a big shed/temple so i can get things in n out with out planing a day to do it he he

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #336
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

I love how your XA is so original Pat, i was admiring it on that SMASA cruise you brought it out on

unfortunately there aren't too many left like it :(
Old 02-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #337
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
yes ,walnut glow,nice smooth old gilr to drive,got space issuse at home ,not for long building a big shed/temple so i can get things in n out with out planing a day to do it he he
Your a dead set legend Pat, great to see someone who is so passionate about these lovely old coupes!!!
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #338
cob115
COUPE WHORE

gday gents ,here is a pic of my my 1974 neptune blue fairmont gs ,factory employee ordered car ,been hidden away for a few years ,but goes like stink :evil3: ,this will be my b52 replica,
thanks for your kind words paul n phill ,ford coupes rock cheers pat

Old 02-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #339
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
gday gents ,here is a pic of my my 1974 neptune blue fairmont gs ,factory employee ordered car ,been hidden away for a few years ,but goes like stink :evil3: ,this will be my b52 replica,
thanks for your kind words paul n phill ,ford coupes rock cheers pat
Is that a Platinum Blue P6 in the background there?????
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #340
cob115
COUPE WHORE

this is my 1975 xb fairmont gs 302 no rust great car ,i drove it from melborn to adelaide,yellow blaze all stock down to the am radio

Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #341
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Any more in that shed???!
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #342
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
Is that a Platinum Blue P6 in the background there?????
ye mate LTDs rock :evil3: cheers pat

Old 02-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #343
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANXBCOUPE
Any more in that shed???!

this is a car that has a bit of history,was my dayly driver a few years ago ,evevey thing works ,smells like a member of parlemenet ,ford coupes rock :evil3:

Old 02-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #344
Bradxbv8
more cubic inches

Im just having a count, is that 8 now Pat?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #345
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

hey pat, maybe you should change your user name to cob115madmaxgtbigblockxcxafairmontxbgsx2landau - i am so jealous
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #346
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

awesome collection...the XA is my favourite though!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #347
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
awesome collection...the XA is my favourite though!
while his cobra will always be my favourite - i never ever thought i would say this, but i love the mad max replica. it may just be the angles of the photos, but it looks so good in post 312
of course the rest i would glady take off him as well
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #348
cob115
COUPE WHORE

thanks guys , the thing is iv probly spent less on them then a new falcon over the years,eerthat was untill the interceptor,doh.the yellow xb was going to be a interceptor , problem is ,you find a coupe become attached to its history its feel etc then think stuff it i dont want to part with it,dont get that feeling with new stuff cheers patgot to love photo bucket a pic of my landau

Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #349
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

I'm still waiting for a picture of the Malvern Star Dragster. : Gees pat with that many projects your going to busy for a long time. Least you have one for everyday of the week. I'm with you there about new cars they just don't have the same appeal. I've got a XR6 although I get the odd nice car mate. When I take the coupe out people go out of there way to get a look at it. Like if it's parked on the side of the road you see people turn around and drive by or pull up for a look. Don't get that in the XR6.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #350
XRTickfordNZ
XR Tickford Fanatic

Quote:

heres a pic of my xa falcon.poor baby has been stuck in the shed locked in behind other crap,now its a drama to dig here out,real unmolested 1972 xa faimont zero rust : ,its so stock its scary now to even put fat wheels on it,come on sumer need some cruzing weather cheers pat :evil3:
Awesome Pat!!

Good to see you looking after all these old girls. Love the xa, reminds me of my xa fairmont thats been tucked away under a cover for god knows how long now. Mine is just like yours, nice and unmolested. Bum down, front up...lol, looks like they are doing 100mph standing still. I have put mags on mine tho but I still have the original matching steel wheels here as well as the hubcaps. May end up putting them back on for a photo shoot to show you guys that we have nice old original coupes over here too.

How many miles has your xa done mate? Mine has done 80000miles from new with all documentation and original fold out owner ship papers ( hard to get a car here in NZ now with original owners papers ). I bought mine off the original owner. He owned it for 29 years, Ive had it 7. Yes Im the second owner of mine.

Oh yes and my wild plum xa gt coupe is heading back to aussie.

Cheers,

Brendon

1998 AU Fairmont Wagon, XR6 front kit....His
2002 AUIII XR6 Sedan, Blueprint, tints, tinted lights, BA XR wheels, leather....Hers
2008 Tandem Axle Trailer, The Falcon Hauler

Last edited by XRTickfordNZ; 03-08-2008 at 10:05 AM.
XRTickfordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #351
cob115
COUPE WHORE

cheers brendon ,she is a ripper i think about 150000km,got the books ,a real drive back in history ,sorry xbroo sold the malvin star dragster push bike,god dam ford coups rock : cheers pat

Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #352
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Pics by Walkinshaw, Coupes by cob115, xalent, and montyv8
Old 06-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #353
Fish17

Howdy folks here some pics of my 2 Fairmont coupes - 1 to be restored (owned it for 13 years, sitting in shed 10 years)

and the other for spare parts (up until recently sat in a paddock for 15+ years)

both are Red Flame, Houndstooth trim, 302, Auto, Auto & Power Steering, hopefully start restoting the good one next year
Fish17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #354
tony302coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish17
Howdy folks here some pics of my 2 Fairmont coupes - 1 to be restored (owned it for 13 years, sitting in shed 10 years)
both are Red Flame, Houndstooth trim, 302, Auto, Auto & Power Steering, hopefully start restoting the good one next year
Hi Fish17 that shed looks way, the coupes look great too cool wish I had one.
How good's this Craig 2 red one's, I mean 3!
Thanks for the photo's Gary & Gazza

Cheers
Tony
tony302coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #355
Fish17

Thanks Tony

Your coupe looks great, what state are you in? I would love to have a look at it, you cant go wrong with that colour, your chrome trim looks particularly sharp & really sets the car off. When finished mine will look very similar to what it does now but with the bump strip along the waistline eliminated, sitting lower with plenty of rubber & most likely a nice set of Simmons or Globes or similar.

Cheers

Fish
Fish17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #356
XC GXL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's for the trifecta.

Here is our 1977 XC Fairmont Coupe. 4.9, Manual, Doe Skin Houndstooth Interior a perfect match for our '76 GXL. Both Flame Red.

Wayne
XC GXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #357
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Sweet!! Keep those XC Fairmonts comming!!

Fish17, that XC of yours looks like a really good unit. How much resto work does it need? Love your garage!!

**EDIT** Just seen your link to the project thread. Looks like a great base to start with!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.

Last edited by Bearman; 06-08-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #358
tony302coupe

Fish you should be able to tell from the second photo, sunny Melbourne.
If you are down this way your more than welcome to have a look.

Was hoping to have the paint & body finished by now or at least started
But the new motor, trans and diff are ready, only thing I have to get is the engine bay wiring harness so I'll just keep driving the old girl until then.

Wayne they are some sweet rides what size are the hot wires they look real good, so all you need to get is the wagon to match!

Cheers
Tony
tony302coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #359
74fairmont
Hardtop cruiser

Default 5/74 Fairmont

[IMG]my 5/74 XB Fairmont[/IMG]
Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 AM   #360
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That XB is glorious 74fairmont. Loving that Conti Roof. She a 302 Y code? Tell us more