Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #61
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

I don't think that is too bad a price for the public. They have the 1.9% finance as well. Awesome deal if you ask me.

I got our Focus Sport Auto with a lot of deal sweeteners for just over $26,000, but that was with employee discount, so doesn't count.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 06:53 PM   #62
steve289

Deal done this afternoon, new car for the wife, and in stock at the dealer
LZ Trend Hatch, auto, convenience pack, Magnetic colour & slimline plates.
Change over price was around $24,400, including trade in on a 14 year old Hyundai Accent.

Test drove this & the Mazda 3 yesterday, and both again today.
Last night she was 50-50 between each car, but on the 2nd drive of the Focus, we both agreed it just has that extra special feel to it that the Mazda did not. Engine note, smoother acceleration, interior comfort was a better feel.

Like all pricing, yes there probably was more room to move, could have tried another dealer or 2 (this was the 2nd, the first said he had no room to move at $26K for the car outright no trade in, and had a phone price from a 3rd dealer), but did not want to spend the next week stuffing around during my holidays repeating the same old rubbish just to get pricing, all for a few hundred.

Over all, very happy with the deal, the dealership & the salesman we dealt with who took the time to explain & go through all features & setttings on the car before & during the test drive.
I know a lot of people criticise Ford dealers, but there are some good ones out there..

Looking forward to picking this up at the end of next week!
steve289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #63
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive just started the process of looking @ a Focus sport! Trying to get an idea of prices. Not many on carsales in Qld, but a few in other states drive away for mid $28k. So im hoping I can get it for about that, plus accessories.

Its interesting the comments about the Idle stop, I often walk past traffic in the city walking to the train, and hear the newer cars all starting up, it doesn't appear there is much delay at all.
I would imagine that under full air con load that the engine remains on?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #64
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Has anyone else heard of the LZ Sports in auto being hard to get? we have placed a order with our local dealer, he told us there are hardly any around ''frozen white'', he sourced the car from interstate. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been told this, Im in nsw
frankie86 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #65
steve289

Just picked up the LZ Trend this afternoon, 16km on the odometer!

What i have noticed with auto stop, is that you need to push the brake pedal a little harder for it to turn off. By the time you lift and get to the go pedal, car has started and you are good to move. No noticeable delays to cause any issues.

Quick play with the air con on the way home, engine appears to keep running whilst air con is on.

Vey nice car, pity it is for the wife & not me!
Old 14-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #66
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do not like stop start technology because if you need to move swiftly into traffic from stop in a side street that extra second can make it potentially dangerous. Not an issue if you are out in the country
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #67
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
I do not like stop start technology because if you need to move swiftly into traffic from stop in a side street that extra second can make it potentially dangerous. Not an issue if you are out in the country
This isn't the case. If you are at a stop, it turns off after a second or two. As soon as you lift your foot off of the brake the car has started even before your foot has gotten to the accelerator. Unless you are trying to hit the go pedal as fast as you can, it's not an issue at all. You can also turn it off every time you get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie86
Has anyone else heard of the LZ Sports in auto being hard to get? we have placed a order with our local dealer, he told us there are hardly any around ''frozen white'', he sourced the car from interstate. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been told this, Im in nsw
We ordered our LZ Sport near the end of December and it should be here next week. Someone else at work ordered one a couple of days before too. No issues here in Victoria. They just keep making them and shipping them to Australia as far as I know.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

This user likes this post:
Old 15-01-2016, 12:12 AM   #68
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve289 View Post
Deal done this afternoon, new car for the wife, and in stock at the dealer
LZ Trend Hatch, auto, convenience pack, Magnetic colour & slimline plates.
Change over price was around $24,400, including trade in on a 14 year old Hyundai Accent.

Test drove this & the Mazda 3 yesterday, and both again today.
Last night she was 50-50 between each car, but on the 2nd drive of the Focus, we both agreed it just has that extra special feel to it that the Mazda did not. Engine note, smoother acceleration, interior comfort was a better feel.

Like all pricing, yes there probably was more room to move, could have tried another dealer or 2 (this was the 2nd, the first said he had no room to move at $26K for the car outright no trade in, and had a phone price from a 3rd dealer), but did not want to spend the next week stuffing around during my holidays repeating the same old rubbish just to get pricing, all for a few hundred.

Over all, very happy with the deal, the dealership & the salesman we dealt with who took the time to explain & go through all features & setttings on the car before & during the test drive.
I know a lot of people criticise Ford dealers, but there are some good ones out there..

Looking forward to picking this up at the end of next week!
What dealer was that?
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2016, 12:15 AM   #69
Focii

So I've picked up my Focus Sport, and absolutely I love it! It feels so nice and refined for a car with sports suspension and largish wheels. Ford have done an amazing job to balance everything out.

The interior is more impressive than I thought when test driving, and the ambient lighting makes it feel really special (ford should have some way of showing it off on a test drive).

If you test drive an LZ Focus, and buy a Corolla, you've got rocks in your head!

Ford really just need to fix their advertising. There is nothing in their advertising about the refinement, the smoothness and NVH levels, the quality or the German engineering that goes into the car. Just some girl 'tech'ing herself up by driving it (and doing some crazy reversing??).

Don't get me wrong, I love my technology... but it shouldn't be the "go to" feature when promoting the Focus... there is so much more to the car.
Focii is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #70
steve289

Hi GT Legend - Freeway Ford, Cranbourne.
Would recommend these guys to anyone out there. Very easy to deal with.

Loving the car - such a great drive!
Old 15-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #71
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Hi GT Legend - Freeway Ford, Cranbourne.
Would recommend these guys to anyone out there. Very easy to deal with.

Loving the car - such a great drive!
Good to hear, unfortunately I am in Sydney...
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #72
G6E Turbo 2

We owned 2 x Focus Diesel cars, The first Euro ones 2011 build
My wife had the Sport Hatch and me the sedan titanium

In December 2015 We did lots of test driving of all contenders and we bought her a Mazda 3 SP25GT for the same changeover price we were offered an new Focus Sport.

I did lots of dealer ringing to get prices and comparisons

The Mazda is a really nice car and has lots of little features that the Focus does not
but it drives a bit different , the seats are hard as a rock and the dash panel is not
as useable. Love the heads up display though

This decision did not sit easy with me as i have always owned Fords but contributing to this was the way Ford customer service behaves when you have issues, they are pathetic.

IF Ford ever bring out a 2.0 lt Turbo Auto Focus at a decent price I would buy one
as i love the torque the Diesel provides
G6E Turbo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #73
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

The Mazda should serve you well. Just curios, but did you drive the new focus with the 1.5 ecoboost? If so, what did you think of how it drove?
It's bizarre that Ford are trying to sell the Focus as a premium product but have pulled features out of it for our market.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #74
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Good to hear, unfortunately I am in Sydney...
Me too, drop me a line!
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2016, 07:05 AM   #75
simonmichael90
LZ Titanium Focus

I signed up for a LZ Focus Titanium hatch in magnetic this week for just under $32k Driveaway with mats and fuel thrown in, should be able to pick it up next week.

I test drove the Focus and Mazda3 and the smoothness of the 1.5 turbo and standard transmission won out. The cabin noise also seemed better in the focus, even with the 18" wheels. Ride quality wasn't an issue.

I am coming out of a Mazda, so really wanted to like the mazda3 but the 2.5ltr engine felt a little noisy and rev happy. That said the Ecoboost seemed a bit sluggish when pushed under hard excelleration, although only 50km on the clock, so should improve I guess.
simonmichael90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #76
NormM67

Hopefully be in the market for one of these in the next month but I'm still to see one in the flesh. Seem as rare as hens teeth.

I was looking at the i30 but I think I've been swayed with this new model. Looks like I'll have to visit the local dealer.....
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #77
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Quick play with the air con on the way home, engine appears to keep running whilst air con is on.
Not necessarily. Engine can stop if aircon is on and the ambient temperature is cool enough to allow it to do so. On really hot days, engine will stay on. All to do with how hard the aircon compressor is working,

As an aside. Anyone notice how noisy the engine cooling fans are when you're standing outside near the car, engine running, on a hot day?
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #78
steve289

[QUOTE=CatonaPC©;5566599]Not necessarily. Engine can stop if aircon is on and the ambient temperature is cool enough to allow it to do so. On really hot days, engine will stay on. All to do with how hard the aircon compressor is working,

Yes, you are correct. Noticed this when taking for an extended drive over the weekend. Still playing around with it, trying to learn how it all works!
Old 18-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #79
WindsorXR

There are a lot of different parameters that prevent engine stop. Ford set it up as not to compromise driver comfort or the vehicles operation. It's a pretty smart system. It's getting more and more common. At first I was sceptical, but as I work within Ford product development, I have gotten used to it and I don't mind it now. The only thing is that people that don't know about it, think that you are stalling and restarting your car at the lights. Hahaha

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 21-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #80
csfulton

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie86 View Post
Mate. The struggles I have gone through for a Focus LZ Sport in White or Blue. Im in NSW.

Went to a few dealers. Most basically refused to go below $27,500 and do the 1.9%. One offered $26,500. Maybe I targeted those dealers with the wrong pitch. I managed to agree on less than $26,500 and 1.9% with a dealer in White. Must say, very happy.

The only issue is that this wait for it and that the dealers communication about where the car is and when I am going to get it has been poor. He sold the car to me very well. He explained everything he needed to, I was very happy. All I know is "Late next week", and "We need to source a car".

I believe the boat of them arrived in Sydney on the 19th just past (I could be wrong). Some dealers were telling me I would need to wait until March when they get more in White. So YES there seems to be a bit of demand for the White Focus Sport.

Im struggling to get a VIN number off my sales guy. I feel a lack of confidence that I am getting a car. Its got me very worried. I am sure I'll have it soon, just wish that I knew exactly when/where it is.
csfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #81
WindsorXR

Yeah, apparently our car is at the docks waiting to be picked up by the truck and delivered to the dealership. I wish it would hurry up. I got told mid to late Jan. It's getting into late Jan now, so hopefully next week at the latest.

Ours is a candy red Sport.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 21-01-2016, 07:05 PM   #82
csfulton

A user Messaged me mentioning a dealer that they have had problems with getting a focus sport. Unfortunately I do not have enough posts to reply to that message. But yes it was that exact dealer. Im a little concerned that someone else is getting the same lack of communication.
Old 21-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #83
Focii

Mine is a 'Frozen White' Sport, and my dealer had to jump through hoops to get it for me. Sounds like it is a popular colour.

IMO Frozen White looks great as it contrasts all the glossy black elements on the front and rear, and has great road presence with the LED drls blaring.

It's done about 800km now, and all I can say is I'm super impressed.

Everyone who's had a ride comments on the following

*How comfortable the seats are.
*How quiet it is when crusing on the highway.
*The "beasty" sound of the engine when you put the boot in.

Q: Slightly off topic for this post, but does anyone know if you can retrofit the Ford 'pop out' door protectors?
Focii is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2016, 08:16 AM   #84
simonmichael90
LZ Titanium Focus

The Sports do seem to be quite limited in availability.
There are heaps of Trends about, but very few Sport or Titaniums (automatics).
It is the same with getting the sedan (Trend or Titanium), likely a long wait.

I wasn't able to guarantee one being available in time for the 1.9% deal (unless deal gets extended into Feb), so decided to go with a Titanium.
$4k more than originally planning, but at 1.9% it only totalled $1400 interest over the 4yrs and only about $20/week more. Cheaper than leasing the same vehicle.

I thought the Sport is the sweet spot with the mix of features and price and the extra $$$ for the Titanium wasn't justified, just for the safety features you get.
I will likely not use the automated parking system, but the city smart stop, rear cross traffic and blind spot may save some scraps. But really blind spot is only thing used on day to day drive.
simonmichael90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #85
KosCo

Follow up question on the auto stop/start. I often have to use one street that is quite steep. When you get to the top of the hill, you have to stop and the turn either left or right. The street is steep enough that on wet days some vehicles can end up spinning wheels as they start off again.

Ok, so you get to the top and of course you have to sit on the brake pedal. The handbrake is generally not good enough on this hill to hold the vehicle.

The engine will stop. But often on this street, when they move off again, many drivers will keep one foot on the brake whilst the other foot goes to the accelerator and finally when the car feels right, they remove their foot from the brake and finally move off.

So with the auto stop/start, how will this cope with the situation where the driver retains their foot on the brake to hold the vehicle and also put their foot on the accelerator??
Will the engine start again?
Do you have to rely entirely on the Hill Launch Assist to hold the vehicle on steep hills?
Would like to hear any comments from drivers who have had such experiences.
Thanks
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #86
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

I believe steep hills is one of the criteria where it won't switch off. Also the second you press the throttle pedal it would restart, even if you're dragging the brake.
No you don't have to rely on the hill hold. You can use the brake as well
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2016, 11:51 AM   #87
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1.9% finishes this month if anyone's interested?
Old 25-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #88
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got Magnetic Grey, Candy Red and Silver Sports available!
Old 27-01-2016, 02:05 PM   #89
csfulton

The wave of emotions getting this car. Just got a call from the dealer about the date being pushed back further by a week, meaning its outside of the 1.9% finance promotion. Which they told me Ford would still honour this.

Monday they said it would arrive at the dealer today. Today they said it will arrive sometime next week because its not even in the state and only just got off the boat yesterday.

It is seriously getting hard to want this car now. It seems like they are just screwing me.
Old 27-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #90
WindsorXR

Yeah, I'm getting the same right now. We were told it will be delivered mid to late January. Last I heard, it was on the docks. It will be February before we get it I'm thinking. Sick of waiting.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport