Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-11-2016, 09:41 PM   #91
bathurst-racer

Default Re: Whats wrong with our country

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD Ute View Post
Domestic violence, homelessness, racism, the wealth divide, how we treat asylum seekers,
refugees, all those less fortunate, decline in our values of social justice, we prostitute our
resources abroad with little benefit for our kids future, lack of vision on the environment
and failures to take up opportunities that could set up industries and employment,
failure to protect manufacturing and jobs, incredible waste of $$$ on a plebiscite,
child abuse inactions, monopolies, super, negative gearing and capital gains tax breaks to
the rich, indigenouse rights, health, incarceration and prosperity, maternal leave,
non integration, White Australia Policy, it's tentacles are still buried in our make up,
Our arrogance and sense of entitlement, lack of free speech, crime and disrespect, POLITICIANS, POLITICIANS!!!

And probably a sh!tload more.

We've turned into a selfish society that encourages the interests of the individual
and bugger you mate if you're doing it tough.

I'm not singling

It is a sad thing to see all types of people, including ex service personnel queuing up
at 7.30 am for homelessness services a emergency food relief today in this country.

It's real, I work with this every day
I'm not singling out your post for any other reason than you raise a few points that the world's population is addressing at the polling booths.
Our treatment of those you refer to as refugees sits comfortably with the majority of people in this country. The tragedy of people drowning and losing their lives by starvation and violence on the way to Australia is something even Anthony Albanese apologised for. If anyone hates self entitlement try dealing with a resettled illegal immigrant, a teenager has nothing on the criminal element landing in this country of ours.
Why does anyone want to criticize those who wish to voice their views on gay marriage via a plebiscite? Won't get the result you want because you know the majority are apalled by the prospect? The politicians don't care about views of people or the morality of the issues involved. Its just a points scoring excercise with the emotions and wishes of the people treated with contempt. For the record I want my say and a vote which will be a resounding NO.
In Britain, here in Australia, in America and soon in France we're seeing a voter backlash against the left wing idealists who are pushing their destructive political agendas onto the majority.
The world hasn't chaged so much. Unfortunately the misguided, the dishonest and the gulible are temporarily in positions of power and influence.
bathurst-racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #92
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst-racer View Post
I'm not singling out your post for any other reason than you raise a few points that the world's population is addressing at the polling booths.
Our treatment of those you refer to as refugees sits comfortably with the majority of people in this country. The tragedy of people drowning and losing their lives by starvation and violence on the way to Australia is something even Anthony Albanese apologised for. If anyone hates self entitlement try dealing with a resettled illegal immigrant, a teenager has nothing on the criminal element landing in this country of ours.
Why does anyone want to criticize those who wish to voice their views on gay marriage via a plebiscite? Won't get the result you want because you know the majority are apalled by the prospect? The politicians don't care about views of people or the morality of the issues involved. Its just a points scoring excercise with the emotions and wishes of the people treated with contempt. For the record I want my say and a vote which will be a resounding NO.
In Britain, here in Australia, in America and soon in France we're seeing a voter backlash against the left wing idealists who are pushing their destructive political agendas onto the majority.
The world hasn't chaged so much. Unfortunately the misguided, the dishonest and the gulible are temporarily in positions of power and influence.
When it comes to politicians generally morals don't count for much and lies and cunning are the traits looked up to for leadership and then there is the rest of the sodomites in power all throughout the world to fear pressuring them to accept degenerate behaviours, like Obama full on pressuring another country's leader to accept the drug trade, just as he does. poor Obama came up against a leader that did not give in to his threats and demands.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #93
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
If its a bust up with the missus, if you've got kids then expect to get fisted in the family court, never ends well for us.
Yep, heard that several times now Damo,

Problem is, I've tried to be fair and reasonable on several occasions and the responses and demands are bordering on the stupidly ridiculous.

I've supported her and her family to the tune of much more than what the big number in your sig States (with paper trail as evidence) and she is living the high life since separation driving my car and living in the unit I bought her while I'm living like a begger.

There are times that i haven't seen my daughter for a month - including father's day this year. Why?

Because she can.

Not a problem. She is doing this because she thinks I'm broke. That's fine, technically I am. And she knows this.

But my family are rallying behind me and supporting in every way possible.

I'm just doing what I have to do to give our daughter the best future possible and for me to continue my life with the dignity and respect I deserve.

And you know what. If I try and fail it'sfar better than giving up and hating myself for not trying.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #94
superyob
Banned

Hope all ends well for you and your daughter YF...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2016, 12:36 AM   #95
XR6_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD Ute View Post
Domestic violence, homelessness, racism, the wealth divide, how we treat asylum seekers,
refugees, all those less fortunate, decline in our values of social justice, we prostitute our
resources abroad with little benefit for our kids future, lack of vision on the environment
and failures to take up opportunities that could set up industries and employment,
failure to protect manufacturing and jobs, incredible waste of $$$ on a plebiscite,
child abuse inactions, monopolies, super, negative gearing and capital gains tax breaks to
the rich, indigenouse rights, health, incarceration and prosperity, maternal leave,
non integration, White Australia Policy, it's tentacles are still buried in our make up,
Our arrogance and sense of entitlement, lack of free speech, crime and disrespect, POLITICIANS, POLITICIANS!!!

And probably a sh!tload more.

We've turned into a selfish society that encourages the interests of the individual
and bugger you mate if you're doing it tough.

It is a sad thing to see all types of people, including ex service personnel queuing up
at 7.30 am for homelessness services a emergency food relief today in this country.

It's real, I work with this every day
You've nailed it. Especially when you talked about people being selfish and individualistic (people forgetting about their mates needs). I think it could be a byproduct of consumerism getting out of control. (7 day trading, late night trading haven't helped)

1999 AU I XR8 HOT CHILLI RED (PROJECT!)

1999 AU I XR8 HOT CHILLI RED (PROJECT) (YES I HAVE 2)

1991 EB S-XR8 WHITE (PROJECT)

2000 AU II XR8 200KW VENOM RED (GONE)

1995 EF XR8- COBALT BLUE (GONE)

1991 EB S XR8- PEARL BLACK (GONE)

1989 EA GL 5 SPEED (GONE)[/I]
[/B][/FONT]
XR6_power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #96
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Family tax benefits and negative gearing.

Why are we giving handouts to people who are rich and have jobs?

While the disabled and injured can no longer get access to sickness benefits.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #97
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Middle class welfare
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #98
290v
290v

put tariffs back all the other countries are doing it
4 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #99
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Dibber dobber sooks. Get graduations from kindy, and every subsequent grade at school. Pats on the back and achievement awards for being losers.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2016, 05:51 PM   #100
Peterwl

When I look what is now happening in America, I wish it could happen here.

Good capable Government !.

Trump selects the "best" people for the Cabinet jobs, not some party hack or a "representative" person. The way it used to be in America prior to the last 8 "dark" years of decline.

Unfortunately in Australia, if Labor gets in, you get corrupt incompetent union officials, affirmative action bimbo's, and the odd male dreamer.

The Libs are not what they used to be, they are sinking down to Labors level fast.

There are very few smart capable dedicated to Australia politicians anymore.

Just imagine if we could get a Government who appoints a current major bank CEO as treasurer ! And a second one as Finance Minister.

Or just beg Peter Costello to take the job !

A retired Army general as defense minister, The head of the best private school in Australia as Minister of Education.

There are plenty of Legal professionals in both major parties, so the Attorney general should come from one of them.

The Minister of Sport could come from the CEO of any of the major football codes.

But no, we will get party hacks that have no in depth knowledge of their portfolios.

That is why Australian living standards will keep falling.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
Peterwl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #101
Sioso
irregular member

Who pays what? ATO names large companies that paid zero tax in 2014-15

The Australian Tax Office has named 670 large companies that paid no corporate tax in the 2014-15 financial year.

I was going to copy and paste the list but it is way to big, check it out below:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-0...cy-ato/8106178

Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #102
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I heard an interesting podcast that basically spells out mostly why our country is heading down the gurgler , it pretty much is in line with my thoughts generally and probably a lot of what you guys think too i suspect .
One of the interesting facts mentioned in podcast was that our manufacturing in the 60s was at 22 % of the the countries gdp and it was now at 6 % .......and that imo is a disgraceful statistic , and testament to the direction our country has been steered down by the pack of dipsticks (all of them over the decades ) in Canberra .

The podcast via the ABC radio on the ockams razor section you can listen too on your pc by hitting the download button and it will stream instantly , or if you have the abc app on your phone (mine is android , but iphone may do it too i guess ) .
it goes roughly ten minutes and is well worth a listen imo.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/...ountry/7869268
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-12-2016, 06:16 AM   #103
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterwl View Post
When I look what is now happening in America, I wish it could happen here.

Good capable Government !.

Trump selects the "best" people for the Cabinet jobs, not some party hack or a "representative" person. The way it used to be in America prior to the last 8 "dark" years of decline.

Unfortunately in Australia, if Labor gets in, you get corrupt incompetent union officials, affirmative action bimbo's, and the odd male dreamer.

The Libs are not what they used to be, they are sinking down to Labors level fast.

There are very few smart capable dedicated to Australia politicians anymore.

Just imagine if we could get a Government who appoints a current major bank CEO as treasurer ! And a second one as Finance Minister.

Or just beg Peter Costello to take the job !

A retired Army general as defense minister, The head of the best private school in Australia as Minister of Education.

There are plenty of Legal professionals in both major parties, so the Attorney general should come from one of them.

The Minister of Sport could come from the CEO of any of the major football codes.

But no, we will get party hacks that have no in depth knowledge of their portfolios.

That is why Australian living standards will keep falling.
I'd rather not have the former head of a private school as Education Minister. That'd mean even more taxpayer funding of wealthy private schools: private businesses. and even less for the struggling public system
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2016, 07:36 AM   #104
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
I'd rather not have the former head of a private school as Education Minister. That'd mean even more taxpayer funding of wealthy private schools: private businesses. and even less for the struggling public system
Hasn't Gonski added billions to state school funding? I'm sure public schools are not 'struggling'...
Old 15-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #105
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So no real direction for Food, water, security, health
No real leader able to stay longer then a few years = ineffective and waste of tax payers money.
Speaking of tax payers money, as Sioso above says/shows.
670 /1900 top companies paid No tax. Not even Australia post - a not for profit organisation with a $4m CEO....

Australian's paying tax are reducing in numbers , I've heard only 50% of Australian's pay tax compared to NZ - 65% although ATO data below doesn't say this.

https://www.ato.gov.au/About-ATO/Res...3--100-people/

At any rate, the number that pay are decreasing quickly. What is replacing manufacturing that is leaving for low cost countries?
How sustainable is that? Will the few that are left be asking to pay more?

Politicians will focus on individuals (easier to target then multinationals with their professional lobbying, and ability to tie up the legal system for years, costing big $$$)

Last edited by 383hq; 15-12-2016 at 08:21 AM.
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #106
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
Dibber dobber sooks. Get graduations from kindy, and every subsequent grade at school. Pats on the back and achievement awards for being losers.
And non-competitive sports... WTF is that about? If you dont like to lose, either try harder, or dont play.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #107
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
Australian's paying tax are reducing in numbers , I've heard only 50% of Australian's pay tax compared to NZ - 65% although ATO data below doesn't say this.

https://www.ato.gov.au/About-ATO/Res...3--100-people/
)
That figure used to be much higher than 50%, but the ATO lost a petabyte of data and...
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #108
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Hasn't Gonski added billions to state school funding? I'm sure public schools are not 'struggling'...
The public system has been bled for years and at the same time funding of private schools has increased. Yes the public system is struggling, why are tax $ thrown at the private system which should support itself?
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2016, 05:19 AM   #109
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No republic or flag change yet.

Please no American style system.... stay like Europe.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #110
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
The public system has been bled for years and at the same time funding of private schools has increased. Yes the public system is struggling, why are tax $ thrown at the private system which should support itself?
Governmental funding per student comes in at an average of $14k per student, $2k from the Commonwealth, $12k from the State government. AFAIK, while the Commonwealth funds all schools relatively indiscriminately, the amount of money from State government to private schools is a fraction of what public school gets ($2k versus the $12k average above). Given the windfall in property stamp duties, the real question is why havent State governments been investing any of that money in education?

That said, people whining about the state of public school funding are simply buying into teaching union lies, that teacher remuneration is the biggest factor in why their kids are doing poorly in school. The reality is that state education departments are endlessly messing with curricula, teaching methods, and increasing reporting requirements. The administrative load on teachers has become unreasonable, and they have no real rights to maintain order in their classes any more. The solution isnt to throw more money at the problem, its to acknowledge that the problem is the system itself.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #111
superyob
Banned

Spot on. More money is not needed. A change in attitudes is...
Old 16-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #112
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

deleted
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2018, 12:04 AM   #113
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Let us be thankful the people of our nation aren't this stupid:

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/17/he...rol/index.html

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2018, 12:17 AM   #114
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I'm lovin it.

Darwins choice awards.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #115
ad2013

We need more Ricky Muir's (everyday people rather than career politicians) making decisions at both a state and federal level.
Can't say I'm at all impressed by SA's latest state party taking on board a bunch of mayors and local government politicians as candidates!
ad2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #116
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Governmental funding per student comes in at an average of $14k per student, $2k from the Commonwealth, $12k from the State government. AFAIK, while the Commonwealth funds all schools relatively indiscriminately, the amount of money from State government to private schools is a fraction of what public school gets ($2k versus the $12k average above). Given the windfall in property stamp duties, the real question is why havent State governments been investing any of that money in education?

That said, people whining about the state of public school funding are simply buying into teaching union lies, that teacher remuneration is the biggest factor in why their kids are doing poorly in school. The reality is that state education departments are endlessly messing with curricula, teaching methods, and increasing reporting requirements. The administrative load on teachers has become unreasonable, and they have no real rights to maintain order in their classes any more. The solution isnt to throw more money at the problem, its to acknowledge that the problem is the system itself.
I'm quoting a very old post, but the darls being a teacher can unequivocally confirm what you've written.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #117
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
State Governments supply most of the funding to government schools. The Federal Government supplies most of the funding to non-government schools. So students end up receiving about the same amount of government funding, with government school students slightly in front.