Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #571
landau5.8

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

1:Going for umpteen f*&#_+* job interviews and meeting all the criteria only to NOT get the job and then see it advertised again the following week.

2:f*&^$)*& recruitment agencies, which are useless f(*&# that should all be put together and blown up.

3: Going for a job with all the requirements only to be told that your over qualified...???

as you can see, i am job hunting with no luck.
landau5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #572
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by landau5.8 View Post
1:Going for umpteen f*&#_+* job interviews and meeting all the criteria only to NOT get the job and then see it advertised again the following week.

2:f*&^$)*& recruitment agencies, which are useless f(*&# that should all be put together and blown up.

3: Going for a job with all the requirements only to be told that your over qualified...???

chin up mate, all will come together in the long term, not easy out there.

at least you are trying to find work, not like a few yobs around here who haven't worked since god gave them life.

keep trying, it will happen, then life will be good.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #573
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"1:Going for umpteen f*&#_+* job interviews and meeting all the criteria only to NOT get the job and then see it advertised again the following week."

Hate to burst your bubble M8 but these jobs do not exist they are come on jobs so the 20 something clueless imbecile at the head hunters can fill their books with job seekers .

" 2:f*&^$)*& recruitment agencies, which are useless f(*&# that should all be put together and blown up."

I volunteer to help you with this .
Old 01-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #574
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
dunno what its like we ended up driving home from shopping and rings etc to get the frozen shopping away
ill ring the auto place in a min then drive another 2hrs back to get the turbo
and THEN ill go look at the xb
but here it is
pics show ...nothing really
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/para-...dan/1026767017
That reminds me!

I bloody hate it when people put photos of the car in their ad and can't even be bothered putting them up the right way!!!!!!
I don't give a rats what it looks like upside down or sideways or back to front or whatever - a little common courtesy goes a long way!
LG17 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #575
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For Melburnians - Monash Freeway citybound approaching Warrigal Rd. The left lane becomes exit only and cars have about half a kilometre to move right. Today a white VW Golf couldn't figure out how to change lanes within half a kilometre and ended up driving on the painted area between the exit lane and the left lane of the freeway. He actually stopped or was moving slowly as I approached at 90km/h and was partly in my lane, at which point I hit the brakes, but I was driving a 20+ year old Triton ute that is pretty tired. Plus I had 20 reels of cable plus a data cabinet - so about another 500kg on board. I ended up going around him barely - good thing I did because I wasn't going to stop. Then I looked back to see a cloud of tyre smoke as a semi about 100 metres back locked up because every one else braked behind me.

If you're in the wrong lane and can't safely get to where you want to go, keep going and turn back somewhere down the road rather than pull off stupid moves like this.

They need to change it to double lines to prevent lane changes 200 metres from the exit and start recording footage to book people who change lanes at the last second.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #576
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Overly efficient 'by the book' workers....

Go to the Avis desk on the weekend to collect the hire car we booked for a wedding. He gets my name mixed up with my brothers and tells me he's also 'collecting a car today'.

I casually told him that was my brother and what time was he due to arrive, I was thinking that perhaps if he was soon behind me we could go out together and grab lunch or something... His reply "Sorry mate, can't really tell you"...

Flying to Japan from Korea... 3 seats ether side of the central aisle. I got the middle seat and the Mrs has the aisle seat. Window seat is empty. Wait the doors close and think, you beaut, I'll just wriggle across and sit at the window - I like taking pics when I take off or land at a place.

A very efficient, and may I say observant stewardess quickly approaches with the passenger paperwork and asks what was I doing in the 'wrong' seat. I explained that it is empty and blah blah... She quickly cut me off and, of course informed me that the seat I had selfishly commandeered is actually more costly, and, seeing as I didn't pay for that seat I was to move back to 'my' seat.....

I thanked her for pointing out my obvious ignorance and stupidity in the matter and moved back. Only to move back as soon as we were talking off....

Funny thing was, we were at the window on our return flight and that leg was cheaper than the flight there... Go figure...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #577
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

having my appendix out... and it looks normal!

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #578
Spurious

Doing something inappropriate with a knife, you tell yourself not to cut yourself....then you cut yourself!!! Geez I hate that.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #579
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

****ed off with Child support (CSA), and DVA, and any other gov't agency if they want to get on the band wagon.

An old soldier never gets to stop fighting, when that's all he wants to do.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #580
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do find it annoying when someone tells you that you're wrong based on a common misconception, when you know the real truth. Then you have to struggle to further explain yourself.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #581
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Ever notice that the people who tell you to calm down are the ones who got you mad in the first place?..............Geez I hate that!

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #582
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

transmission pan bolts snapping........what a pain!!

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #583
Spurious

I can better that poppa smurf, I hate it when a "mate" (years ago) helps to remove an exhaust manifold to refit extractors & doesn't think to mention the fact he snapped a bolt off in the undoing process.

I certainly noticed it after he'd left & started the refitting process!

What a plick.
Best thing I ever did was cancel ALL "friendships".

I got him back a few years later. He asked me to cut out the cross bracing behind the rear seat in his "street machine" XD so he could fit subwoofers. I obliged then promptly notified an RTA vehicle inspector!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #584
gogojuddo
Starter Motor

went to post a private message... only have 3 posts!! need 5 todo so.
gogojuddo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #585
gogojuddo
Starter Motor

end rant
gogojuddo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #586
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I hate seeing my kids dissapointed. We applied to rescue a 5mnth old staffy x. My kids are afraid of dogs but after an hr with her my 4yr old son was over the moon and just wanted to bring her home. Even the dog tried to get out to come with us. Anywhoo I went through the pain of getting approval from my landlord and even agreed to pay $10pw more rent. I spoke to the coordinator and her words were she is yours so long as your fences are ok. So i told my son we had to get fences checked first etc. Fences were checked out and given the nod, except in 2days more people applied so now it seems we have to be assesed against others. So my son was very sad when I had to tell him. He asked if we could please visit the dog and told the whole world she was coming to live here.

So geez I hate that
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #587
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
I can better that poppa smurf, I hate it when a "mate" (years ago) helps to remove an exhaust manifold to refit extractors & doesn't think to mention the fact he snapped a bolt off in the undoing process.

I certainly noticed it after he'd left & started the refitting process!

What a plick.
Best thing I ever did was cancel ALL "friendships".

I got him back a few years later. He asked me to cut out the cross bracing behind the rear seat in his "street machine" XD so he could fit subwoofers. I obliged then promptly notified an RTA vehicle inspector!

nice of him to not let you know......

just to add insult to injury yesterday......I initially placed the car in to a mechanic whom i have had dealings with for millennia for a simple "service".

vehicle has done its 10,000 so engine oil needed changing, I thought maybe the trans could do with a service as well then after a discussion through here about BA DiffS I decided to get the oil changed in that. ($50 for 500 ml if you don't mind, some sort of synthetic gear).

so anyhoo, diff serviced, he then went onto trans, snapped a bolt and all work ceased.

vehicle was in there all day (9 - 3), didn't service engine, didn't service trans......gotta go back next week when he receives the helicoils to repair the snapped (and yet to snap) trans bolts.

I really hate my car living in various workshops more times than it is on the road.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #588
Addz08
"FEED IT"

Quote:

In the same boat mate, I apply for endless amounts of jobs, and never receive one reply!!
BA XR8 UTE ,PACEMAKER 4/1'S,MAGNAFLOW METALCORE CATS,TOYS CUSTOM TWIN 2 1/2 SYSTEM, CAPA TUNE, K&N FILTER, LIGHTENED BILLET STEEL FLYWHEEL, DCS CLUTCH, SS INDUCTIONS BIGMOUTH CAI, 20" FR20 SIMMONS....
Addz08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #589
BHDOGS
Banned

The Internet has alot to answer for when it comes to Job seekers its easy to just click next on a job seeker by looking at a resume it's harder face to face just another nail in the coffin of human contact
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #590
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I've had a bad experience with one of those dud businesses myself. I was looking at going on unemployment benefits, but didn't. Centrelink organised me to go to their agencies, bloody useless. I get a letter from them to go back, so I did to see what it was about and the woman there said I had 9 assignments I was supposed to do, which they told me nothing about. She spoke to me as if I was a misbehaving school kid for avoiding something I knew nothing about and told me I had to complete 2 of them before I could leave. I went onto their computers to see what I can do, but required a log-in account that I never had.

I asked some other worker there for assistance and he whinged to me for taking too long to do tasks that I wasn't aware of and started walking back and forward with a cranky look on his face. I later realised why, he thought I was receiving dole payments, thus assumed I was just another dole bludger. I have not received a cent from Centrelink in my life, so I just walked out the door and never went back despite being sent numerous letters weeks after.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #591
T5ELGLI

I was on benefits while unemployed and I found the employment agencies main goal is to keep you on the dole doing stupid courses that won't get you a job so they keep their job! I caught onto it pretty quickly and got into the correct course I wanted where I knew id get an immediate start (security).
Haven't been out of work since and im earning ok money in a full time position
T5ELGLI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #592
DaveD

When you recommend a cool smartphone app to your mate that he doesn't have and then two weeks later, he's showing me the same cool app on his phone as if I've never seen it before.
DaveD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #593
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

When you give yourself a concussion on your mates stupidly low doorway...
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #594
Spurious

My life is stranger than fiction.

12 months ago I lived across the road from these folk, they had a dopey bull terrior, stupid as a sandbag. When they went out or away for weekends they would leave said dopey dog with my next door neighbor.

That damn dog ( while these neighbors were at work) would spend it's whole day running from a gate on one side of the house to the gate on the other side of the house, barking it's head of the whole time. I wound up sitting behind the side fence with a hose & gave it a squirt each time it made a noise. Did the trick too. Stopped the dope for the most part.

Now 12 months on ( me in a different street too) would you believe the same damn dog showed up in my new neighbors yard a couple weeks ago. Same deal, it spends it's day barking through the gate while no-ones home & now he gets to terrorize the other neighbors dogs too. They all get together at the fence & have a merry old chit chat....sounds like 5 pitbulls in a pit ripping each other new "A" holes!!!

I should call Ripleys but they probably wouldn't believe me!

Worst thing is my hose won't reach. Geez I hate that!
2 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #595
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Working on Sunday's. Geez I hate that

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #596
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Almost missing a connecting flight because of a delay and when I get to the gate people look at me like it's my fault. I got there as fast as I could, like I could get there any faster wearing heels?

Sheesh.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #597
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When someone misunderstands your comment and jumps to the wrong conclusion. Only happened twice though.
Old 14-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #598
landau5.8

Quote:

lols, due to my unfortunate luck with recruitment agencies, I have posted off a similar more detailed complaint to alan jones/ray hadley from 2Gb. If there is anyone that can create a commotion nowadays it's these guys. Lets see if they get back to me.
landau5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #599
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being in the mood to .......................................... bake.

And realizing I'm missing an ingredient so I'd have to go out to get it.

And I really REALLY want to bake cookies now. *sigh*
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #600
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just spent the last 4 days working out the final cutting list of Tassie oak to make the new raised panel doors of the wife's new kitchen, got it all down pat, ready to order when she say's......

"I don't think I want the pantry anymore, could you extend the bench and have extra shorter cupboards instead?"

"Yes, dear, of course you can!".........where's my calculator?.........I've only got to shift the new cooker (just placed in on thursday) and do a bit of rewiring for the exhaust hood

Oh! And shift the exhaust hood and ducting... beside's, What's another few hours reworking the cutting list.

not fond of that.