Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 30-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Dedicated E-series Chat/thread/forum room please?

Yeah like the title suggests, i wouldn't mind a dedicated e-series page, considering the amount of people om the forums who drive and love e-series cars who will be no doubt coming over on the boat.....

That would be great!! no rush, but i'll be here for good if there was a dedicated e-series thread room....

cheers
-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2004, 09:02 PM   #2
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Sounds like a plan, as long as we dont get alot of Stupid Mutants in the flashing Zip ties and Gaffa tape threads.
:P

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also need a sticky at the top saying that A series rims will NOT bolt directly on to an E series car WITHOUT spacers that are illegal in most states...

There seemed to be a thread a week on that one topic. Maybe it needs its own dedicated area
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 12:14 AM   #4
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Agree.
Eventually need somewhere to sleep, that being-
E-series general discussion.
E-series events & meets.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 12:39 AM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

E series Tech
E series For Sale

?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #6
Sprocket

Yeah, i put forward that the eseries club should transfer here, but (after all SVT did to that club) they still have allegiance to him.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 01:52 AM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

there's no reason why they cant co-habit. Eafalcon.com is officially the E-Series club's site anyway, and if anywhere needs updating, its there!
Old 31-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #8
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Please just calm down a moment.

Eafalcon.com has been offered a home here, and it is something we are still considering. We are somewhat torn at the moment, and as such we need some time to organise things.

Please guys, just be patient.

Cheers,
Dave
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 09:25 AM   #9
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is at the E Series guys discretion ... we will leave them to it.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #10
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Thanks mate ;)

We appreciate your patience on this whole matter.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 31-12-2004, 01:39 PM   #11
EFFalcon
Last warning

Thanks for the love guys ;)
Its nice to know people want us here!

we are in talks atm (well having a few drinking while ripping my car apart) about it
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 04:51 PM   #12
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Either way there'll eventually be - make specific threads otherwise the place would be a mess.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #13
Danny
GT4.

True True

Dave and John I trust your judgement on the matter. After all the graphic on my rear widscreen does say "E-series owners club of victoria" which is in australia... lol

Like i said, no rush, Relax fellas,

Danny
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #14
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

G'day all,

This has come out of nowhere and now it seems that the Club is stuck between 2 opposing forces. A number of options are available such as remaining where we are, creating our own forums, merging with a rival E series site, joining Fordmods, or, of course, setting ourselves up here. My initial concern that we would not be wanted here seems to be amply addressed.

The good team at AFF have made an offer that would not only grant us more forums than we have had in years, but assistance with an internet URL goal that has been frustratingly out of our reach all this time. Further to this, it seems the majority of Australian members have chosen to make this transition, so it would make sense to be a part of this community in the interests of exposure.

On the other hand, we have had no issues where we are, and in fact I feel hugely in debt to the site owner for everything he has done for us in terms of both facilities and exposure. He has indicated he wishes to equal any AFF offer made to us. As creator of the Club is is quite a personal matter and if I am to have to repay the site's years of support with deserting it at a crucial time, it is not a task I am looking forward to.

Regards,

Jack
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2005, 01:27 PM   #15
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
G'day all,

This has come out of nowhere and now it seems that the Club is stuck between 2 opposing forces. A number of options are available such as remaining where we are, creating our own forums, merging with a rival E series site, joining Fordmods, or, of course, setting ourselves up here. My initial concern that we would not be wanted here seems to be amply addressed.

The good team at AFF have made an offer that would not only grant us more forums than we have had in years, but assistance with an internet URL goal that has been frustratingly out of our reach all this time. Further to this, it seems the majority of Australian members have chosen to make this transition, so it would make sense to be a part of this community in the interests of exposure.

On the other hand, we have had no issues where we are, and in fact I feel hugely in debt to the site owner for everything he has done for us in terms of both facilities and exposure. He has indicated he wishes to equal any AFF offer made to us. As creator of the Club is is quite a personal matter and if I am to have to repay the site's years of support with deserting it at a crucial time, it is not a task I am looking forward to.

Regards,

Jack
I can understand your feelings as I just had to do the same. There were other factors in my personal case that made it a lot easier however the initial regret was still there. It is hard to burn a bridge which we all know will be irrepairable however, in the end, I knew that it was best for aufalcon.com and its members that the move be made swiftly and while the oppertunity was there. I do not regret it, in fact I am 100% sure in my mind it was the correct move and I would not change a thing.

I for one would certainly like to see the E Series guys here as the EA-EL is a significant part of the Aust Ford community.

Good luck with your decision.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #16
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I for one would certainly like to see the E Series guys here as the EA-EL is a significant part of the Aust Ford community.
Yes i Agree, i would love to see the E-SERIES guy's over here.
The TickFord Forum would also be very popular with E-SERIES owners.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #17
Psycho Chicken
Banned

You know my feelings on the matter Jack.

While it's a sad position we're in and no doubt everyone isn't the happiest about what's happened (non E-Series members included), such is life and there's no point letting it get you down, nor letting it kill off a perfectly good club.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #18
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

HI Jack
The moral dilemna is one that we have all faced in making the decision to make the move that we have. In terms of the admin team, this was a particularly hard decision as we had invested substantial time and effort into FF and obviously had strong ties to the individual concerned.

The final decision came to one that revolved around the long term strategy for ourselves and the member base and we believe that the .au site represents the best way of moving ahead.

It is, however, a decision for you and your team to make and we will respect that decision whatever you decide. We will certainly be looking to strengthen ties with some of the other Ford enthusiast forums as we see them as part of the wider community rather than a competing force. In the longer term we would like to see some ground for combining forces under a single banner when dealing with Ford and FPV as there is strength in numbers. How that might work is a guess at the moment but I would see something like a combined association of AU Ford based forums (still all having their individual sites) but with combined representation at the top levels. It will take some work but I believe it is achievable. Time will tell whether the other FF and some of the other forums will want to be involved but the initial discussions with some of them have been promising.

Good luck with your decision making process.

Regards
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
G'day all,

Regards,

Jack

Last edited by russellw; 01-01-2005 at 02:24 PM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

If i could give my 2c here.

Firstly Thanatos, we're not all champing at the bit, so there's no need to 'calm down'. It's just a suggestion, and suggestions take time to implement (if at all). Everyone realises that I'm sure.

As has been already indicated, i feel it would be in the best interests of the E-Series Club if it all came over here. I would also like to see a few changes in that transition, namely a well overdue update of EaFalcon.com - it is quite frankly a disgrace to the club in it's current state.
I too can understand the moral dilemma, but in the end it's just a practicality/common sense issue. Why have an Australian Ford Club on an Australian Site? Why remain on a site that will quite possibly in the future become a lot less than this one (thus losing out publicity etc)?

I don't like the idea of being part of fordmods either, i think those guys have their own little community and putting the club on top of that would be too 'tacked on'.

So yeah, i'm all for the move over here. I will only be remaining in the club for a matter of months anyway though, so it's your call, whatever happens i guess we'll work with it.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #20
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Mate, i meant no disrespect. I was merely trying to point out that these things are in the works, and it is a somewhat sensitive issue that is by no means a quick and simple decision to make.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 01-01-2005, 03:16 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yep, thats what i was trying to say too .
Old 01-01-2005, 04:22 PM   #22
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Thanks everyone for the support. I am going to be starting negotiations within a day or so and I'll keep you all posted.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #23
EFFalcon
Last warning

I agree on the state of eafalcon.com.. and it is partly my fault now that it is in my hands.
Due to sircumstances beyond my control my time has had to be spent elsewhere and thus the website has gone unchanged.
i *will* be updated the site when the time comes and hopefully everything comes together nicely
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #24
Supa R00
Rolling on Simmons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
If i could give my 2c here.

Firstly Thanatos, we're not all champing at the bit, so there's no need to 'calm down'. It's just a suggestion, and suggestions take time to implement (if at all). Everyone realises that I'm sure.

As has been already indicated, i feel it would be in the best interests of the E-Series Club if it all came over here. I would also like to see a few changes in that transition, namely a well overdue update of EaFalcon.com - it is quite frankly a disgrace to the club in it's current state.
I too can understand the moral dilemma, but in the end it's just a practicality/common sense issue. Why have an Australian Ford Club on an Australian Site? Why remain on a site that will quite possibly in the future become a lot less than this one (thus losing out publicity etc)?

I don't like the idea of being part of fordmods either, i think those guys have their own little community and putting the club on top of that would be too 'tacked on'.

So yeah, i'm all for the move over here.
Well said... pretty much what I and many others have been thinking im sure, i think the move would be for the best but understand the dillemma faced, whatever happens i will still support and be involved in the club
5Spd, Simmons FR17"s, SupaLow's, Sprint Bodykit,
Cam, exhaust and all that jazz... Complete AU XR6 conversion and soon to be turbo!
:voldar02:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
When has any XR6 after the ED, prior to the XR6T been anywhere near being a performance car, or much more of a car than a stock taxi spec Gli?
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #25
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

I understand what you are saying Jack.
I really hope you guys decide to come across, and join the rest of the nuts.

By the way Chook, love the Zip ties.
:P

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #26
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

YAY, decision made.
Welcome aboard guys

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #27
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Talking

Thanks for the welcome Casper, and yes the decision is made. I spent a few hours drafting the message to the site owner yesterday and in a few hours from now, that E series area will be no more. I genuinely felt like crap having to do that but I knew procrastination would achieve nothing and the members had made their unanimous decision.

Next up comes the task of trying to inform members. I've done a very quick update to the main eafalcon.com page, and we are going to try and e-mail everyone. Then there is the set-up of the new area to keep us occupied.

Though it has been a sudden change, I am completely confident that the best decision has been made for all concerned. Thanks again to everyone for the offers of support and to the admin team for this opportunity for a new beginning.

My priority will be not only changing over the forums, but ensuring that the Club is not seen as an isolated group (as was sometimes the case with the old forums) but a contributing force within this united Ford community.

Last edited by ilsautomotive; 02-01-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #28
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Good on you Jack, I really think it's in the best intrests of the club.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #29
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excellent news guys ..........

A great Fresh start for us all ;)
MotherNature is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #30
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

This is great news! I look forward to contributing to the forums.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post