Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 30-12-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
mick.wheelz

Default X-Series club

If anyone hasnt allready done this i am interested in starting an x-series club... not i know early attempts at this have failed IMO but since this is a new start on here, i would want to do it right. At the moment its only an idea, but if i can get the support (a club is nothing without support) i will go for it. All im looking for atmo is ideas, suggestions and indications of support

Last edited by mick.wheelz; 30-12-2004 at 11:50 PM. Reason: ...to clarify what i meant
Old 30-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
MAD
Petro-sexual

Well what part of the X series were you thinking of?

As we saw on FF that as soon as the early cars come into the discussion it just turns into a classic car club.

So I guess the rules/bounds need to be set first off.
Old 30-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #3
mick.wheelz

it could be one of two things

later x-series (XD-XF)

or all x-series (XL-XF)

i would suggest the first would be more viable as the earlyer x-series would probably be more regarded as classics and hence have a classic falcon club.
Old 30-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wheel_man
it could be one of two things

later x-series (XD-XF)

or all x-series (XL-XF)

i would suggest the first would be more viable as the earlyer x-series would probably be more regarded as classics and hence have a classic falcon club.
Yeah that would be my thoughts too, but You couldnt say no to any of the models if they wanted to turn up for a cruise/social event.

Having said that, I dont know what it is about the XD-F range, but clubs dont seem to be working and I dont know why.

I willing to be part of one again.
Old 30-12-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
mick.wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADXF
Yeah that would be my thoughts too, but You couldnt say no to any of the models if they wanted to turn up for a cruise/social event.

Having said that, I dont know what it is about the XD-F range, but clubs dont seem to be working and I dont know why.

I willing to be part of one again.
Nor do i, hopefully i can do it right and start one that does work, it seems that we have the more mature.... members of ff on here and it may work this time
but its pointless if no-one wants to be in it
Old 30-12-2004, 03:12 PM   #6
MAD
Petro-sexual

well yeah, hopefully without all the coporate BS that was going on at FF, you might be able to get it to work as the focus will be soley on the club.
Old 30-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
2FIFTY
XF 250

Quote:
If anyone hasnt allready done this i am interested in starting an x-series club... not i know early attempts at this have failed (www.xfalcon.com...)
www.xfalcon.com is an xd xe xf club already... wat do u mean early attempts failed? from wat i can see that club is still running or is it only a website but not a club anymore??

Last edited by 2FIFTY; 30-12-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Old 30-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Yeah how has xfalcon failed, seems fine to me.

How about Aussie X-series, being XA-XF?

Last edited by Psycho Chicken; 30-12-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 30-12-2004, 08:24 PM   #9
mick.wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Yeah how has xfalcon failed, seems fine to me.

How about Aussie X-series, being XA-XF?
that sounds like a good idea.

perhaps i am a little biased against xfalcon... oh well im not going to get into the reasons why. im sorry i have upset ahmed, etc with what i posted

Last edited by mick.wheelz; 30-12-2004 at 11:56 PM.
Old 30-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #10
PSI250
Gassed Up!

hmmm from what i've seen and heard xfalcon is going good?? weren't you a member there wheel man?? its a bit unfair to call a website a failure when people put there efforts into it and put money out of there own pocket into it.
Old 30-12-2004, 09:24 PM   #11
mick.wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSI250
hmmm from what i've seen and heard xfalcon is going good?? weren't you a member there wheel man?? its a bit unfair to call a website a failure when people put there efforts into it and put money out of there own pocket into it.
i was a member, yes and i also put money out of my pocket into it to get it off the ground.

I have edited my orignal post to clear up that i meant it was a failure in my opinion (IMO)

Last edited by mick.wheelz; 30-12-2004 at 09:25 PM. Reason: spelling > me
Old 30-12-2004, 10:04 PM   #12
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
later x-series (XD-XF)
Yep this is the right way to go in my opinion although why not include the XG & XH as well (or are they regarded as E series?) Perhaps call it the Blackwood Club although most people won't know what that means.
Old 30-12-2004, 10:08 PM   #13
2FIFTY
XF 250

i heard xfalcon.com covers all XD-XE-XF and XG-XH also... there are a few XG members on there that i know of
Old 30-12-2004, 10:16 PM   #14
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Yep this is the right way to go in my opinion although why not include the XG & XH as well (or are they regarded as E series?) Perhaps call it the Blackwood Club although most people won't know what that means.
I was driving the other night and thinking about this X-series club idea on FF.com that seemed to turn into a classic club at a hare's breath, so I was thinking what could be done and the thought of a blackwood club came to mind.

I think it would be a great idea. I think most people who are passionate about their XD-F XG-H would know what its all about.
Old 30-12-2004, 11:48 PM   #15
KLR250
Starter Motor

Can someone please enlighten me on how Xfalcon.com has failed. Has anyone here even been to an Xfalc meet? Hey wheel man, just because you have a grudge dont try and tarnish a club you have nfi about, so far all the meets have had decent turnouts and more people show every time. Dont be so blaise when you describe a Club as a failure, because so far its far from it
Gareth
Old 30-12-2004, 11:52 PM   #16
mick.wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR250
Can someone please enlighten me on how Xfalcon.com has failed. Has anyone here even been to an Xfalc meet? Hey wheel man, just because you have a grudge dont try and tarnish a club you have nfi about, so far all the meets have had decent turnouts and more people show every time. Dont be so blaise when you describe a Club as a failure, because so far its far from it
Gareth
I am sooooo sorry for expressing my opinion. anyway i have edited my orignal post to remove the xfalc web address
Old 31-12-2004, 12:03 AM   #17
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

xfalcon.com is NOT on my favourites list because its owner seems to think that makes him god. Same reason why the FF.com site is going to hell.

Don't think i'm a member? Look again. I will not be bullied into groveling to a forums owner. Wether thats here, there or anyfuc*ingwhere.

I'm all for an x-series or older ford club. Just show me the light.
Old 31-12-2004, 12:15 AM   #18
KLR250
Starter Motor

hey xdc351, i remeber you posting on xfalc, you had the wagon with the xflow that ran mid to high 15's yeah? I dont know about you, but i feel the moderating of xfalc has been so lay'd back, can you give me an example? Its one thing to make a statement like that, but give us a example, i have nfi what your talking about

Gaz
Old 31-12-2004, 12:28 AM   #19
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
hey xdc351, i remeber you posting on xfalc, you had the wagon with the xflow that ran mid to high 15's yeah? I dont know about you, but i feel the moderating of xfalc has been so lay'd back, can you give me an example? Its one thing to make a statement like that, but give us a example, i have nfi what your talking about

Gaz
Yeah, thats me. 15.4 actually.

An example? Hows about xfghia threatening to ban me from the site for a joke I made on the FF.com irc channel?

Like I said, i'm happy to contribute... but that crossed the line.
Old 31-12-2004, 12:41 AM   #20
KLR250
Starter Motor

Okay, fair enough Mate. Obviously i cant make any opinions based on that, because i wasnt there, but my main point was, Xfalc has been a great club for me and many others, the meets are great its going strong and the moderating has been awsome, keeping in mind the site owner is pretty young and is the first club he's ever setup i think he's doing a fine job. I just think its a bit unfair for someone to come on here, say the club has failed when we are all pretty proud of it. It actually got me a bit fired up, I dont really have any problems with FF FM or any other Club/forum, and even if i did im not Low enough to go bagging them on a public forum to make myself feel big
Gaz
Old 31-12-2004, 12:46 AM   #21
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Okay, fair enough Mate. Obviously i cant make any opinions based on that, because i wasnt there, but my main point was, Xfalc has been a great club for me and many others, the meets are great its going strong and the moderating has been awsome, keeping in mind the site owner is pretty young and is the first club he's ever setup i think he's doing a fine job. I just think its a bit unfair for someone to come on here, say the club has failed when we are all pretty proud of it. It actually got me a bit fired up, I dont really have any problems with FF FM or any other Club/forum, and even if i did im not Low enough to go bagging them on a public forum to make myself feel big
Gaz
And you shouldn't have to. But on the same note there's no need to interpret the sentiments of one member to represent an entire forum. I've no problem with xfalcon, its just not for me. Believe me, there are plenty of other forums which I won't visit too.

I'd actually like to see everyone get along.... something tells me its not likely to happen, but we can all dream right?
Old 31-12-2004, 12:50 AM   #22
XF6250
Boost+250=FUN!!!!!!

personally i think the guys on xfalc are great as KLR250 has said the meets are getting bigger and more and more memebers are singing up, and ya have to admit for a guy thats 16 or 17 he is doing an outstanding job of looking after the site.
Old 31-12-2004, 01:32 AM   #23
JG3282
Awake after dark

I personally think that there is something out there in www.xfalcon.com that is successful and working with some great people and getting support from all "the right places" and can strongly recommend it. I'm glad for that club and its site as it has given me plenty of hours of fun and some good friends along the way, without the postering and snobbery of some other forums and clubs.
Old 31-12-2004, 09:16 AM   #24
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps we can get away from the pros and cons of xfalcon.com and move on with the original subject.
Obviously people have different opinions but after setting this site up I can appreciate the work that goes into any forum site and ahmed deserves sopme respect for that.
moving on .....
Old 31-12-2004, 12:11 PM   #25
JG3282
Awake after dark

thats what I was thinking, its obvious the wheel man has an issue to sort out and would have been better off acting like a grown up instead of using a public forum to air his grievances
Old 31-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #26
mick.wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONGAS
thats what I was thinking, its obvious the wheel man has an issue to sort out and would have been better off acting like a grown up instead of using a public forum to air his grievances
excuse me for expressing my opinion... mods, can you close this thread, i cant see it going anywhere.
Old 31-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #27
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys, enough is enough .. I will lock this thread before it gets any worse
Closed Thread