Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-06-2022, 01:14 PM   #1
Rumbillion
Starter Motor

Default Tuning options for 2014 LW Focus Sport - NA 2.0 duratec engine

Hi - I've talked to a few workshops that run Alientech software and they've told me they won't be able to access the ECU to tune my car. Has anyone had success tuning this engine? I know its not a turbo and gains will be minor, but I'm still interested. What options are out there for a tune?

The car currently has an Injen short ram air intake and I will consider an exhaust system before any tune to get the most from it.

Any other performance mods to consider - rear motor mount seems to come up as a useful option to improve.

Or I'll just go and buy an ST or XR5, haha.

thanks,
Sam
Rumbillion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2022, 10:42 AM   #2
Rumbillion
Starter Motor

Default Re: Tuning options for 2014 LW Focus Sport - NA 2.0 duratec engine

I found a local company that can do an ECU tune. The bloke appears to have a lot of experience, so will be interesting to see how this goes. He recommended tuning for 98 RON fuel, noting the knock sensors can limit power in lower RON fuels. I will upgrade the exhaust first, the get the tune done. He was confident that tuning the NA engine will improve throttle response and driveability reasonably well, with a likely 15% power increase, but much better torque curve.
Old 28-07-2022, 11:04 AM   #3
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Let us know how you go with this.

We used to own a 2014 LW Focus Sport manual and while it was a great car to drive, it was probably one of the slowest as well.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-08-2022, 04:27 PM   #4
Rumbillion
Starter Motor

Car was tuned by 2uned Racing in Cairns this week. Feedback on the tuning was that the Injen intake had given it a 3% increase in power with the final 98 tune adding around 15% all up. Deleted the first suitcase style muffler back from the cat too. Car has smoother torque from lower revs and certainly goes noticeably harder. 3rd gear has transformed, much better response from 2500 all the way to redline. I'm happy enough with the result, given there are limited options to get much from a car like this. There is a definite improvement and its much more fun to drive. I might consider a bit more exhaust work, but there's a limit on what's worth being spent on a car like this.