Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 26-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Default A sticky post for cruises and meets

Hi guys,
As the title suggests, is possible to put a sticky post up in the Events, Cruises and get togethers section that people can add places to. Most car clubs have the usual places that allow special interest rego cars to travel to and from in their state under the laws binding the use of special rego. Most people know of the usual places but more and more are popping up all over the place. My suggestion is to allow people to add new events and places. For example in Qld Harry's dinner, Petrie markets, Munchies and now the Caltex Road House Carseldine are popular just to name a few. I'm sure there are many more around but people don't know or hear about.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-01-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: A sticky post for cruises and meets

I don't think it needs a sticky. People just need to add a thread for an event or regular meeting place like the VIC Meet and Greet thread.

Having said that, the VIC meet and greet is a sticky, so maybe similar in the other sections could be added.

Cheers
Col
Old 27-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Default Re: A sticky post for cruises and meets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
I don't think it needs a sticky. People just need to add a thread for an event or regular meeting place like the VIC Meet and Greet thread.

Having said that, the VIC meet and greet is a sticky, so maybe similar in the other sections could be added.

Cheers
Col
The VIC meet and greet is along the lines of what I'm thinking but only the place and day of the week the event happens should be posted. I don't think the thread should be used to organise events, they can be done in the usual way through a post in the appropriate state.
If some of you guys come up here or we go down there, it would be a great way of finding out what's going on where and when, instead of scrolling through the hundreds of posts to find a place near by.

Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what people think.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post