Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Old 19-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Default And ORSMXR is created

Bought the car in June 2003 from Essendon Ford for $52000, the car came with leather interior,sunroof,18" wheels,scuff plates and XR Mats.

First mods had to be a custom cats back quad system from Professional Exhuast and a SS Cold Air Intake.

Next was to take out it out to the track and see what it would do down the black stuff, these were the pionerring days for the Boss V8's as they were fresh out the box. Last 2 runs of the night ran a 13.8 as it sits on the road, l can still remember Spoolman coming up and asking me if l had NOS as he was shocked at the time as it was so standard so went out and backed it up with a 13.9.

So next was to give the car a sleek look by dumping the car on it's guts with just 65mm ground clearence and taking the rear wing off also tinting the windows with 5% tint very dark..ahaha....

So now it's July 2004 and had my plenuem and coil pack covers painted Gold aswell as my calipers/rotors looked pretty smart.

Now came this thing called the EDIT the Panther (ORSMXR) was the second car to be flashed in Aus by Rob Herrod on his launch of the product, first impressions l was not happy with the gains, but after talking with Chris now known as Chris from Bluepower we started R&D with our cars everynight for the next l would say 3-4 months with great results. So the next chapter of ORSMXR Begins.

Chris and l would hit Calder/Heathcote alot in the coming months to be the quickest/fastest Boss powered cars on the streets/Track and as l would always race street trim and Bluepower on race trim times would vary alot till one day at the forums meet my best time would show it self. Both lined up side by side trying to syk each other out l ran a 13.1 and chris l think ran a 12.7 don't qoute me on it, this was the fastest the car went as l retired from racing the car after breaking 7 CV joints towing cost to much $$$$.

So after racing had finished more mods came along like FPV Guages,GT starter button,GT front bar and a Carbon fibre bonnet,bluepower CAI,under drives and a new tune with a total of 265rwkw.

So we we bought the car out of retirement chasing a 12 sec 1/4tr mile.
Went to Heathcote and as l can't launch the car only from idle we went 13.14 with a 1.9 60ft at 110 mph, we were always disapointed on not getting that elusive 12 as we new the car had it since Chris first started tuning the car but CV's just let us down.

Thats when ORSM Ford Cruisers was created but thats another story........

So these are just a few of my favorite pics.

Would like to Thank...

Terry....former owner Professional Exhuast.
Chris Bluepower for all his support Tuning and being my older BRO...Love you man.
Craig..Aussie Car Enhancements for my suspension needs.
Torque tyres and brakes for supplying tyres for the beast.

And my closest mates Leo and Theo for all their help when things got broke.

OH and Daboss for the cruisin back home from the BPR workshop.

Also a big thanks to Mick from the club as he thought of the plates ORSMXR so thanks mate as if you haddn't thought of these plates who knows we probably would have this fine car club that we have at this time.

Cheers Chris ((((ORSMXR)))))

Last edited by X ORSMXR; 28-08-2007 at 05:15 PM.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Nice mate, real nice. Wish the Panther was still here man. But each story must end somewhere. Good work Chris.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
freak6
superlow

sweet mate you blokes at ORSM ford cruisers have some sweet rides.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice step back in time, One thing I think most people may or may not know is in those very early days, unknown to your self ( at the time ) your passion inspired many to sit up and take notice of the Boss and admire these cars for what they could be.

The pionering work done by you guys ( Orsm, Chris, Ace ) were a catalyst in many others making the call to go down the Boss road, and today many of the fine Boss cars on the road can all look back and see a little Orsm Black Panther in them.

Now lets hope you get your but back in a boss and stop playing with these mid life crisis 4wd cars. You get one chance in life, it should be back up front, a 1/4 mile at a time where you belong.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #5
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
The pionering work done by you guys ( Orsm, Chris, Ace ) were a catalyst in many others making the call to go down the Boss road, and today many of the fine Boss cars on the road can all look back and see a little Orsm Black Panther in them.

Thanks mate it's nice to know that the car made that kind of impact on the V8 guys.....l do miss the Panther now and then especially when over taking LOL....bloody diesels.

Thanks Doc
Old 19-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Chris, some nice pics and awesome story. I am just waiting, not holding my breath, but waiting, for the panther to return...............
Old 19-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
ORSMEB
Steve

Nice write up mate. Nice to know the whole story...
Old 20-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahhh...now we know...it all ties in together.

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #9
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMFC
Chris, some nice pics and awesome story. I am just waiting, not holding my breath, but waiting, for the panther to return...............
Mate trust me if a get the chance again l will fly up and buy it back thats for sure.
Old 28-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Why not a new project down the track, maybe the Panther can be re born in the form of an Orion!
Old 28-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMFC
Why not a new project down the track, maybe the Panther can be re born in the form of an Orion!
Na man can only be one panther and at the moment the Orion does nothing for me.
Old 28-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #12
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Certainly was/is a very nice example of an XR8, hopefully it is getting looked after just aswell now as it was then.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Na man can only be one panther and at the moment the Orion does nothing for me.
But I bet the RMGT does... :evil3:
Old 28-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #14
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
But I bet the RMGT does... :evil3:
Man looks good but no good as it's an Auto lol
Old 28-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #15
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Man looks good but no good as it's an Auto lol
Ah well, at least it's black.
Old 31-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #16
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

And this is the sole reason I bought an XR8... thanks for the ride chris.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #17
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

love the stance man, how much did you lower it? have many issues scraping?
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Default Re: And ORSMXR is created

It's not very often you hear guys talking about a car that has been missing from this forum and the Victorian roads at times, makes me glad that i have made people enthused about modding their cars or inspiring to go one better..At the end of the day our cars are apart of us as they have our personality and soul built into them.....This part of my life i will always cherish cause i have had input into so many guys thoughts on what to do to their cars.....and loved the spin on what i have said so that they make it their own..

Cheers Guys
Old 09-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by X ORSMXR
It's not very often you hear guys talking about a car that has been missing from this forum and the Victorian roads at times, makes me glad that i have made people enthused about modding their cars or inspiring to go one better..At the end of the day our cars are apart of us as they have our personality and soul built into them.....This part of my life i will always cherish cause i have had input into so many guys thoughts on what to do to their cars.....and loved the spin on what i have said so that they make it their own..

Cheers Guys
Still waiting on a new panther......
Old 09-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #20
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Still waiting on a new panther......

HAHAHA