Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
Jess85

Default Im New 2 Fiesta

Hi Everyone
I got a Fiesta last Friday so i've had it for a week. Its an 04 Zetec, silver, manual, tint, body kit, replaced speakers with Focals.

Its a great little car! I had an 87 Nissan Skyline before this so theres a big difference!
Anywayz just thought id say hi

Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
azza1
black zetec

Nice one. I went from an '84 ET Pulsar. Welcome .
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess85
replaced speakers with Focals
cool.......someone with taste.......
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 10:08 PM   #4
FlaminFiesta

whats Focals lol

hey mate welcome!!! nice car mines the same but panther black how good does body kit look!!
.and auto
hehe welcome!!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #5
GROOV3
Rollin

i wouldnt mind some nice 5x7 focals would sound ace

hrmmm did you pull off all the door cards and do it your self or got them fitted by audio place ?
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
na01

G'day guys

I've finally picked up my black beauty today :

Funny thing is after explaining to the guy at car dealer that driving my new car back home was gonna be an effort cause of my inexperience with manual car, he was like “nah, you should be ok. Just practise on quite streets.” I than got in my car and drove away doing a burn-out cause my car rolled back on a hill when I decided to get on the road lol
They must of being laughing hehe

Anyways I gotta practise more on hill start as I’m still a noobi…

Here's a quick pic I took with my crappy digi cam

na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

NICE!!!!!!!! Looks really good! I like it. Damn, how dark are those tints?

Looking good! A few Zetecs going around now.... Saw another Black zetec today with a rear wing..... looked good. Also got a few guys in a LX checking out mine......

Looking good mate! Reminds me of when i first got mine 1 year ago. Burning the clutch for the first month! hahahhaha

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
na01

Thanks Teki04 I asked my dealer for the darkest legal tint so I'm assuming its about 35%? I was quite surprised how dark it was my self.

So you've gone throught the same thing with manual? Makes me feel better. I went for second round practice but still seem to be having bit of problem find a right timing for clutch and accelerator on a steep hill... Lots of burning clutch and rubber I tell you :( Apart from that the car is absolutely fantastic! I'm sure I'll be enjoying it more as I get used to the shift.

Here's a rear shot.

Old 14-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #9
GROOV3
Rollin

Looks like mine except mine doesnt have the fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by na01
G'day guys

I've finally picked up my black beauty today :

Funny thing is after explaining to the guy at car dealer that driving my new car back home was gonna be an effort cause of my inexperience with manual car, he was like “nah, you should be ok. Just practise on quite streets.” I than got in my car and drove away doing a burn-out cause my car rolled back on a hill when I decided to get on the road lol
They must of being laughing hehe

Anyways I gotta practise more on hill start as I’m still a noobi…

Here's a quick pic I took with my crappy digi cam

GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

NICE!!!!!!

Looks great with the wheels and kit.... your making me want the side and rear part of the kit now! haha. (Can't get front.... scraped twice today... happens everyday at work. So... Lowering and Kit would not go well in CBD!)

Where in NSW are you located?

Yea, took a while to get used to the clutch etc... but after 1 year and 20000km, its great! Gentle into the gears is the key to learning.

Another question, could you tell me what tyres are on your car? Cheers.

Looking good mate! Im sure you will enjoy the Zetec! The manual just entices the engine to want to play. Its a great car, and can get ALOT of cars off guard. Hahhahahahha

I think getting the clear side indicators and slightly lowering your car.... and then you have one beasty looking ride!

Steven

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 12-11-2005, 11:15 PM   #11
b2tf
not here much anymore

I love the wheels. No matter how often I see them. Think they look great. But the extra inch is even better : (thats sig worthy material! .
Old 13-11-2005, 01:04 AM   #12
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

LoL reminds me of when i took a tonic 3dr lx for a test drive. exiting the dealership, the salesman was standing next to the car, i went to put my blinkers on and accidentaly turned on all of the wipers and then squirted the salesman LOL, he cracked up and i eventually found out how to turn everything off (turbocharged front wiper is not a good look in the middle of a summer day.

Gee my brother and i gave that car a good work over, 5 K clutch drop, spin spin spin, chirp second gear, hit limiter and throw it into a corner lol.

then my dad made me go over to hyundai and test a 1.5L accent hahaha and we gave that some harsh treatment too, but as soon as i took delivery of my fiesta i drove it like a baby,

Jess85 and NA01 try to drive the car gently the first few weeks and at least about 500-1000 kms. let everything bed itself in, dont go redlining it or anything, but give it some hard throttle work upto about 4,000 rpm on occasions, and try to really use the engines torque up hills ie, instead of going up a hill in 3rd, go up in 4th even if the car feels like its struggling a little.

Go soft on the brakes and clutch too if possible. other than that, enjoy probably one of the best small hatchis on the cheap car market :P lol
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
i went to put my blinkers on and accidentaly turned on all of the wipers and then squirted the salesman LOL, he cracked up and i eventually found out how to turn everything off (turbocharged front wiper is not a good look in the middle of a summer day.
: did something similar with the Focus. It threw me right out!
Old 13-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #14
na01

+3 with the window wiper! Wiper going crazy on the sunny day at city intersection lol

Teki04 the tire is called Regal. Never heard of them but I'm assuming its some cheap rubber. I wonder if everyone got the same with 16's option rims..

Oh I've noticed some knocking sound from the rear left on the bumpy road but I think I've read something about it in the other thread. I'll see if I can fix it sometime in the near future.
Old 13-11-2005, 06:10 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by na01
+3 with the window wiper! Wiper going crazy on the sunny day at city intersection lol

Teki04 the tire is called Regal. Never heard of them but I'm assuming its some cheap rubber. I wonder if everyone got the same with 16's option rims..

Oh I've noticed some knocking sound from the rear left on the bumpy road but I think I've read something about it in the other thread. I'll see if I can fix it sometime in the near future.
Argh yes....the wiper! I had troubles figuring out how i turned on the rear wiper.... cause i couldnt get it to turn off! 3 cars in the family. All do OPPOSITE things with the wiper controls!

Oh ok... yea i got cheap rubber as well.... Falken Ziex512.... so how much did you pay for the upgrade?

Argh yes... the knocking sounds! Seems there are a few of these. Easiest way to solve these saddening options.... head for a twisty piece of road, and hammer it through the corners. You will generally hear the engine alot, the knocking will get less drooning... and you will get a smile on your face! For the next few minutes, you forget all about it and remember just how good the Fiesta is!

Old 13-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #16
0xyg3n

Hey guys good to see more cars in the club. If we keep this up we might out number the focus's soon. :P
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Hey guys good to see more cars in the club. If we keep this up we might out number the focus's soon. :P
Haven't we done that already? I mean, its not like ALL the focus members are "active" members

Old 14-11-2005, 04:23 PM   #18
FlaminFiesta

hey

thats my car lol hehe thats like mine i got 15"s body kit, but i got clear indicators and colourcoded side strips heres a hint

DONT POLYGLAZE your exterior and also tape up you side strips before you polish ur car , it stands out against the black paint like nothing else and looks dicey!! thats why i got mine colour coded hehe
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #19
Danny
GT4.

I think yes we have outnumbered the active focus owners..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 11:38 PM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I think yes we have outnumbered the active focus owners..
It's all about quality, not quantity.............. :Up_to_som :
Old 15-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
It's all about quality, not quantity.............. :Up_to_som :
Sorry, did anyone mention South Africa LS problems? :

Fiesta Quality? Quantity? We have both :evil_laug

Last edited by Teki04; 15-11-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 15-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #22
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Sorry, did anyone mention South Africa LS problems? :

Fiesta Quality? Quantity? We have both :evil_laug
Meh - us German Foci owners have no quality issues you speak of! : (except crappy fuel gauges)
Old 15-11-2005, 11:57 PM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Meh - us German Foci owners have no quality issues you speak of! : (except crappy fuel gauges)
Hahaha, but back to my first response.... the Fiesta has the quality and quantity. Sorry, LR Focus quantity? I think not... :

Old 15-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #24
ford_racer

looks nice
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #25
simonr
Focus Rookie

Well we have quality our clubs existing and new FOCI..

While we just have heaps of Fiestas :P

Last edited by simonr; 15-11-2005 at 11:51 PM. Reason: REPHRASE
simonr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 12:01 AM   #26
simonr
Focus Rookie

lol the LS focus doesnt have quantity either.. Teki never stops til he wins..
Lets give up..
Old 16-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #27
b2tf
not here much anymore

Never! If i wanted to drive a Fez I would have bought one! (some days i wish i did. But Focus is better!

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!!!!! :
Old 16-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #28
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
(some days i wish i did : ).
Dont lie! You tell me all the time! I know you want one.....

Old 16-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #29
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Dont lie! You tell me all the time! I know you want one.....
haha - ill tell you honestly the ONLY reasons i would have bought one over the Focus were i could have gotten power windows (which ill put in this thing anyway), and the fact that the fez would have been brand spanking new.

What turned me off was the size of it.
Old 16-11-2005, 12:35 AM   #30
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
haha - ill tell you honestly the ONLY reasons i would have bought one over the Focus were i could have gotten power windows (which ill put in this thing anyway), and the fact that the fez would have been brand spanking new.

What turned me off was the size of it.
Most people i know are really impressed with interior room. But i hear you...

I would have gotten a Focus.... had the LS not been coming out so soon (i like to have the newest), the LR not been so underpowered.... and that dash.