Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 15-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Default BF2 XR8 Brake Options

Firstly, thanks for all your help to date with advice. One final question before I decide which way to go. Since I have FG XR 18 inch rims this does limit me for options. If I have to stay with the current calipers can you increase the size of the rotors? Will this be of any advantage and what are the costs involved. Very keen to keep current rims but if I have to sell them to get better brakes then this may have to be an option. I am chasing something that pulls up better than standard. I will only be doing a couple of track days per year so I cannot justify going all out with Brembos. On my ute I found going with slotted rotors and Bendix Ultimates made a big difference. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: BF2 XR8 Brake Options

Not sure if you can go larger mate.

I don't think the 325s it under it ... well with the associate caliper anyway suited to it.

I think just a higher quality rotor and pads ... better quality fluid and braided lines will give a decent increase over standard.

You will have the 322mm fronts ... but the 303mm solid rears in the BFII (BFI had the 328mm ventilated rears from the Territory).

I changed to braided lines in the Territory (due to the brake line recall ... I wanted something that wouldn't split) ... and that on it's own with new fluid made a decent difference ... mainly in much better pedal feel ... and more confidence inspiring feeling when braking.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
Perko

Yeh the C5's foul on the rims which is a real bummer. They only just foul (by a few mm's) and spacers are out of the question. I really liked them on the ute when I had the BA 18's. Problem is that I like my current rims on the BF. Had RDA slotted and Bendix Ultimates on the 322mm's and they were very good.

Have been thinking going back to slotted rotors, Ultimates and braided lines. Just need to know that I have covered all my bases before spending the cash. These guys have a good deal with the rotors that I would like to get next month if they have any left.

Ford Forum Build Thread

Project Build Thread
Old 17-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perko
Yeh the C5's foul on the rims which is a real bummer. They only just foul (by a few mm's) and spacers are out of the question. I really liked them on the ute when I had the BA 18's. Problem is that I like my current rims on the BF. Had RDA slotted and Bendix Ultimates on the 322mm's and they were very good.

Have been thinking going back to slotted rotors, Ultimates and braided lines. Just need to know that I have covered all my bases before spending the cash. These guys have a good deal with the rotors that I would like to get next month if they have any left.
Yeah there is nothing else i am aware of that will fit and the better rotors and pads plus fluid seems to be the only option for now sorry.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Perko

Thanks mate. I will call next month and order.

Ford Forum Build Thread

Project Build Thread