Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc

Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc The Queensland early model Falcon Club.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
mutchka1
1966XPFalcon

Smile XP Hood and fender emblems

Can I please get some info from anybody who knows about the rare XP falcon hood and fender trim chrome moulds. The pieces I have are a set of three. The hood mould has the Falcon bird ornament at the end, on a circle the size of a twenty cent piece. The moulds for the fenders are not the finned type more common on XL's and XP's. I am after any mounting info or literature that anybody may have regarding these aftermarket accessories. Cheers.

mutchka1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Hi mate by the sounds off it the hood ornament you have is a XR-XY type, not XP, I have the XP ones with the clear spear on them that go on the side fenders, do you have a pic off them at all, and if it is an XR-XY type ornament are you interested in selling it???.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
mutchka1
1966XPFalcon

Hi, I will post a picture of them when I get a chance. Are you sure they are XR XY? This set has three parts to it. Two as you said that go on the top of the side fenders and the other part, slightly longer with a round olf falcon bird motif in the middle. I have just had them fully polished and plated so they are fully restored. The reason why I think they are XP is because they contour to the shape of the lip on the front of the hood and fenders. Stay tuned, I will load some pics for you. Cheers.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
Wally
XP Coupe

Did the XP have guardtops and hood ornaments? I thought they dissapeared with the demise of the XM, and reemerged in the XR.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

yeah you may be right, it could be XM, by the sounds off the middle ornament, it sounds like an XR-Y, but the others could be earlier, need to see pic's.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
mutchka1
1966XPFalcon

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. The interesting thing with these things is that they are a set. They are all in the same shape with only the middle one being longer and also wearing the falcon bird logo. I know that XP's did not come out with fender and bonnet emblems but perhaps these are after market accessories? Either way, I will post pics and maybe you can positively identify them by seeing them. Cheers and thanks again.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
mutchka1
1966XPFalcon

Question

Guys, I have managed to upload a pic of my emblems. Can you assist in identifying them just by looking at the pic?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fender and bonnet emblems.jpg (17.8 KB, 227 views)
Old 10-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

yep they are XR bonnet and fender ornaments, they should have a part number on the underside starting with XR---------, so are you interested in selling them at all???.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #9
Wally
XP Coupe

Yeah the two low profile ones are guardtops for the XR. The falcon emblem one appears circa XK,XL and maybe XM guardtop.

Doesn't stop you using them though. Perhaps you should space them per the earlier models.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #10
mutchka1
1966XPFalcon

G'day man, yeah, I put them on over the weekend and they look great.
I will post a picture when I get, a chance. Let me know what you think.
Cheers, Kon. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Yeah the two low profile ones are guardtops for the XR. The falcon emblem one appears circa XK,XL and maybe XM guardtop.

Doesn't stop you using them though. Perhaps you should space them per the earlier models.
Old 18-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
Falcon034
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
yep they are XR bonnet and fender ornaments, they should have a part number on the underside starting with XR---------, so are you interested in selling them at all???.
I have a set of genuine XR Falcon Fender and Bonnet Ornaments for sale.

Bonnet: XR-16607-A
Fender: XR-16A164-A LH
Fender: XR-16A164-A RH

They are in excellent original condition and I took them of a 1968 XR Falcon and I have kept them in a box for over 20 years. If you know someone who would like to buy them or you can tell me a good place to sell them in SA it would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Falcon034 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #12
XT UTE 68
GIVIT Rally 84 BARRA XE

I have the same bonnet emblem on the XT and has been on the car since new.

Also have an original XT accessories brochure that shows same part no's as Falcon034 lists above. Handwriten in the book is $5.95 and $6.73 obviously what my dad paid when he bought the car.
XE BARRA - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11382891 - 2007 GER Via Birdsville, 2008 via Broken Hill, 2009 via Cape York, 2012 via Karumba, 2014 via Innamincka, 2016 GIVIT RBR, 2017 via Boulia, 2018 Via Mighty Murray, 2019 Via Dig Tree, 2020 Via Thargomindah, 2021 Via Lawn Hill Gorge, 2023 Westmar - Gunnedah

Sponsors, London Fire & Safe www.fireextinguisher-and-safes.com, G&D exhausts and suspension Beenleigh , Beenleigh Bob Jane
XT UTE 68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #13
jeni
Starter Motor

Hai,
i am jeni. i am newbie to here.

Everyone is welcome to participate in the Great Endeavour Rally. It is a truly unique event with truly unique people driving very "unique" vehicles. The only prerequisite, is that each person intending to drive must hold a valid drivers licence.
There is no restriction on age or type of car, so long as it is legally road registered and carries the compulsory equipment. Bonus points and incentives are there to encourage the Old, the Bold, the weird and wonderful.
In aid of the Endeavour Foundation Margaret and Neil made up a team with car no. 20 - just one of many entrants in the 2006 Great Endeavour Rally.
jeni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post