Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
RicOz

Default New Mondeo Specs Out Now

Now on Ford website:

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=FOA&c=DFYPage

RicOz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
cardinalred

Titanium hatch looks nice though it would have been good to get xenon headlamps with it too.

I'm a bit confused. Does that mean there will be no Titanium wagon now?? :
cardinalred is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalred
Titanium hatch looks nice though it would have been good to get xenon headlamps with it too.

I'm a bit confused. Does that mean there will be no Titanium wagon now?? :
I think a diesel wagon would come before a Titanium version (which is a shame).

Does anyone have any pricing on these new models yet??
Old 01-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
noboundaries

love your work, just checked the new specs, XR5 is on my plate. I spoke with a dealer the price is up a little but bi xenon and sunroof is standard on XR5, looks like the Mazda 6 has made them hot up the product
noboundaries is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Damn, thats gonna screw re-sale for us previous XR5 owners :(
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't mind so much about resale. It's a cycle and continues to happen no matter what you get. 2 models from now, it will be better than whats coming. It has nice features, but I'm more than happy with mine, and I plan to keep it long term, so I will do mods like sunroof and other things to the car later. Only thing I'd change about my car now is the colour. I really wanted white. Aside from that, I love the XR5. So much better than the XR5 focus I owned.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

So if I am reading it correctly there are 4 spec levels - LX, Zetec, Titanium and XR5. LX and Zetec are available as a wagon. They have dropped the TDCi name, with diesel now an option on Zetec hatch and wagon and Titanium hatch. No wagon variant for Titanium or XR5. Simple....Oh, and no more sedan.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Im killing to see a better pic of the new XR5 wheels, they look like they might be good.

I hated the current shape XR5 wheels, couldn't wait to get rid of them.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like no Titanium sedan?

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #10
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion
So if I am reading it correctly there are 4 spec levels - LX, Zetec, Titanium and XR5. LX and Zetec are available as a wagon. They have dropped the TDCi name, with diesel now an option on Zetec hatch and wagon and Titanium hatch. No wagon variant for Titanium or XR5. Simple....Oh, and no more sedan.
The way I read that is there is no diesel wagon. Only an option of diesel on the Zetec hatch.

naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
The way I read that is there is no diesel wagon. Only an option of diesel on the Zetec hatch.

Looks that way. Well, we get the diesel wagon in NZ in LX trim only, and you get the Zetec but only in petrol. Unbelievable.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

Quote:

Looks like you are right. Very disappointing that there is no diesel wagon. It was going to be my next car! The Ford website does show diesel as an option for the Titanium, if that's any consolation. And am I right in thinking that we do not get the premium sound system with the colour screen on any model?
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion
And am I right in thinking that we do not get the premium sound system with the colour screen on any model?
Look at it again, the Zetec model has actually been upgraded so you now get HMI colour display and bluetooth as standard. Same for Titanium and XR5.

Only LX model comes with the HMI standard (no colour) display.

EDIT: Sorry you were talking about sound system. Im not sure about that one.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #14
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:

I'm hoping that the diesel wagon comes in later. The Titanium spec diesel wagon would be something I'd be interested in looking at. I know there's a diesel Territory coming in soon, but it's too pricey in Ghia spec, and that's all I'd be really interested in. Mazda has a diesel wagon, so why not Ford?

Also happy about all models except the LX getting the better HMI. And very smart to include Bluetooth as well. That's a $500 'saving'.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #15
RicOz

Has anyone got and RRP pricing yet for the Wagon versions?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
scribbly

I'm not sure I'd go for the keyless operation. That is unless all previous problems have been fixed.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #17
SteveH
Starter Motor

Its a bit of a shame that they persist in only offering the XR5 in a manual. A manual diesel Titanium spec wagon would be a good bit of gear in my opinion.
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #18
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
I'm not sure I'd go for the keyless operation. That is unless all previous problems have been fixed.
Scribbly, I'm with you. But we haven't heard many of these complaints for a while, and on the Euro site, it isn't a big thing on there either.

I did read one post where it was said that because the car's battery is probably old and not always in use because of sitting on docks and in boats. I don't know if a new battery sorts the issue, but you'd have to think that now that these cars are at least 2 years old and older in Europe that the issue might be sorted.

I could be 100% wrong though. I spoke to a bloke with a XR5 and he said that the issue is that since you don't need a key, if you are the passenger and have the 'key' you can leave the car and the driver can happily go about their business. Until they need to start the car, and the 'key' is with you.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Big wagon needs lots of grunt. I fail to see how the 2.3/auto will cope. See other threads for performance comments.
Make mine a XR5 spec wagon (2.5T + 6spd >manual<). Just because I need to carry all that stuff, doesn't mean I don't want a manual. I'm just not interested in autos of any shape or form (I'm biased).
But I guess my 'wants' wouldn't even show up on the graphs from the marketing analysts.
COLOURS - gone from new XR5 range - Tango, Blue Ink and last year Blue Ambition. Only thing with any colour is Colorado Red......but I don't want a red one, or grey, white, black...boring boring boring. Says a lot about target sales demographics.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #20
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Ooh...noticed someone saying sunroof std on XR5.
That's great, I wanted one. Wonder what will happen to the pricing - probably rise by the old option cost.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #21
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
<cut>

I could be 100% wrong though. I spoke to a bloke with a XR5 and he said that the issue is that since you don't need a key, if you are the passenger and have the 'key' you can leave the car and the driver can happily go about their business. Until they need to start the car, and the 'key' is with you.
If the key leaves the car, there is a warning on the HMI displayed and a chime played. So hopefully the driver would notice and ask the passenger to give the key back.

At least that is what happens the few times I have been a passenger in my own car.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #22
warren77

I am interested in seeing if some of the upgrades make it into Australia as spare parts at a decent rate.

The alloy sports pedals and bi-zeon headlights are of interest to me.
Anyone know?

As I got a special discount on my XR5, I went for every option available - the sunroof and bluetooth were the only things. Now they are standard, there goes my resale price!
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #23
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
If the key leaves the car, there is a warning on the HMI displayed and a chime played. So hopefully the driver would notice and ask the passenger to give the key back.

At least that is what happens the few times I have been a passenger in my own car.
I didn't know that. The key words here are 'hopefully' and 'notice'.
Previous:
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #24
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
I am interested in seeing if some of the upgrades make it into Australia as spare parts at a decent rate.

The alloy sports pedals and bi-zeon headlights are of interest to me.
Anyone know?

As I got a special discount on my XR5, I went for every option available - the sunroof and bluetooth were the only things. Now they are standard, there goes my resale price!
Warren, you can get the pedals from OS. I've got them in mine, quality os very good.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/mond...al_rhd_446.htm

You have to send them an order via email or the order sheet as we are international shipping.

*EDIT* By the way, they are genuine FOMOCO.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #25
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Missing something,why would the passenger have the key in the first place!!

apstar
Old 04-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #26
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH
Its a bit of a shame that they persist in only offering the XR5 in a manual.
+1, a Zetec manual would have been a nice addition.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #27
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Missing something,why would the passenger have the key in the first place!!

apstar
If I got in the car as the passenger it doesn't matter who has the
'key', as it will still start as long as it is in range.

A bloke I met with an XR5 said that this happened to him, his missus was driving the car for him (he was the passenger), he had the 'key', got out and went to work. She went on her way. About an hour later he got a call from her saying he couldn't start the car, as she didn't have the key. Long taxi trip later, car was started.
Previous:
Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #28
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If I got in the car as the passenger it doesn't matter who has the
'key', as it will still start as long as it is in range.

A bloke I met with an XR5 said that this happened to him, his missus was driving the car for him (he was the passenger), he had the 'key', got out and went to work. She went on her way. About an hour later he got a call from her saying he couldn't start the car, as she didn't have the key. Long taxi trip later, car was started.
That's better the full story,so then you cannot hide the spare key anywhere near the car if that's the case like I do now with mine because someone can start it with doors open y/n?

apstar
Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #29
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
That's better the full story,so then you cannot hide the spare key anywhere near the car if that's the case like I do now with mine because someone can start it with doors open y/n?

apstar
anyone with an XR5 care to elaborate on this? Is there a button you have top press to open the doors that 'turns' the car on or something?
Previous:
Old 05-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #30
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

You just press the unlock button on the fob as usual to unlock the car.

Once your inside with the key in your pocket or anywhere else you wish, dip the clutch pedal and press start.

I think Apstar meant if you leave your car unlocked with a spare key hidden somewhere close by, anyone can start the car.

This is not the case, the key must be inside the car. Even an inch outside the car, it won't start.

Also you can leave the key-fob inside the car, and use the manual key to lock the doors via the door lock. The fob inside the car is now disabled, so even if someone breaks in they can't drive off. Once you use the key to re-open the car, its re-activated.

Handy when you go to the beach, you can just use the manual key and keep it in your board shorts without worrying about the fobs electronics.