Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 03-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Default Upgrade options for AUII

Hi Matt,

Just looking at options for an AUII Fairmont Ghia, currently has standard brakes and have 18" T3 TS50 rims coming soon, how big would I be able to go that will fit under those rims (I was thinking Brembo 6 pot front + 4 pot rear plus discs to suit) and willing to spend a decent amount since they'll be for street + track use without going too over the top.

If you could throw up a few different options and prices that would be great, at most I'd be looking $4k or there abouts.

Ta,
Andrew.

Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride
Hi Matt,

Just looking at options for an AUII Fairmont Ghia, currently has standard brakes and have 18" T3 TS50 rims coming soon, how big would I be able to go that will fit under those rims (I was thinking Brembo 6 pot front + 4 pot rear plus discs to suit) and willing to spend a decent amount since they'll be for street + track use without going too over the top.

If you could throw up a few different options and prices that would be great, at most I'd be looking $4k or there abouts.

Ta,
Andrew.
Mate you have the right thinking cap on with this and i think those rims accept the kit you are inquiring on because the T series car came out with the brembo kit from memory.AP Racing kits are available from under $6000 but the rotor sizes are smaller but i think the calipers are more stronger.I can do a 6P355mm and 4P330 rear Brembo kit as mentioned with braided lines for about $6000 at the moment if your interested.If these are what you are after and if you require fitting then let me know and i will get some accurate pricing for you.
Sorry just noticed the 4K limit and what i would suggest is we go 4 piston on the front and run a BF XR8 turbo vented rear brakes which can be supplied for that amount.This kit will be similar to what the Typhoons run.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Thanks for the reply Matt, its the next upgrade on the list after I receive the rims since that's the next purchase I have and where my cash is going, but I'll definitely shoot you an email once I've saved up after the rims and work something out.

If I had sourced a set of Brembos separately would you be able to do the fitting + lines and any brackets required (from my understanding BA/BF Brembos from the GT-P would fit but need a different bracket for the calipers) ?
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride
Thanks for the reply Matt, its the next upgrade on the list after I receive the rims since that's the next purchase I have and where my cash is going, but I'll definitely shoot you an email once I've saved up after the rims and work something out.

If I had sourced a set of Brembos separately would you be able to do the fitting + lines and any brackets required (from my understanding BA/BF Brembos from the GT-P would fit but need a different bracket for the calipers) ?
Yes we could do that no problems but of course i would also like to sell them to you as well so email me before you make your purchase to see what we can do at the time.Thanks

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post