Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 06-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default Cleaning the air filter from a BPR CAI

HI Chris abd Theo,

Just about to clean the air filter that was provided with my BPR CAI, are there any special instructions?

I do have a K&N Air FIlter Clenaing Kit from a prvious car, which has the cleaning solution as well as the oil.

Keen to hear any proper instructions.

Cheers

Sam

Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

The best way is to use hot/warm soapy water and try and scoop up the water inside the filter and let it run out. This way the bits of dirt will be washed out of the filter .. do this for like 2-4 minutes.

Then rinse with hot water out of the tap to clean any soap left.

Stand filter up on its end and allow most of the water to drain out.

It can be placed back on car damp but not dripping wet.

I only reccomend to oil the filter if you come from a very dusty place where the dust partlices are very fine (eg bull dust) and you only need to put a little on as a over oiled filter will reduce the performance of the filter.
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Thanks Theo. Will do that in the next night or two, as the car is getting serviced on Friday and I don't want them to touch the airbox.

Cheers
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

oh gee looks like i just wasted $40nz on a cleaning kit
Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Cleaning the air filter from a BPR CAI

digging up an old thread theo, i have read so many conflicting reports about cleaning filters. many have said if you don't oil them no dust will be stopped? some also said that detergent will degrade the filter? only reason i ask is mine needs cleaning and i don't feel like spending $30 on stuff to clean it with. i don't live on and dirt roads or anything like that. obviously i trust your judgement, cheers mate.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

I can not see how detergent(Morning Fresh etc) will degrade the filter.. The K&N filter cleaner will be more harsh on the filter of detergent anyday..

Washing your filter in warm soapy water is the best way to clean them.
If you were in the middle of australia with the "bull dust" that the red center has then i would be saying it might be a good idea to oil it ..

After u wash it say 4-5 times and maybe you could re oil the filter just as a precaution.

9 out of 10 filter that i have seen where people have oiled them, They have over oiled them to the point it causes issues in other areas like sensors.

Everyone has there own ideas whats best but from what we have done for years this is the beat way to keep.

Also, just on this, a K&N rep has visited BPR in the past, and he took our tech data back to the US for their own development purposes, and the cleaning regimes we used were fine with them.
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Thanks mate, detergent it is
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

Is this the same procedure (pretty much) with a K & N Panel filter? I assume it is....? Obviously you can't stand it up on it's end.....

No mods yet.
Samtheband is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post