Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default &*(*#() wreckers...

Ok so after organising two cars (an EF and a VL) to be donated to BLSTIC's Hooning Foundation from a wrecker, in echange for two boat anchors bolted to each other (aka 308 & TH400), we are told that we can't get the car yet. Fair enough, as the wrecker is closing down, being taken over by a metal recycler (more on these guys later). After various visits to the wrecker to grab other (non related) items, we wait for a phone call to say that we can pick up the cars (closing one buisiness while starting another buisiness takes a fair bit of effort on the part of the wrecker owners, so we wait until they are finished). And wait. And wait. Meanwhile the metal recyclers have started crushing cars.

After being fed up with waiting (I needed the cars by friday arvo at the very latest, prefferably this morning) we go in to the wreckers, only to find out that our paid for cars have been crushed. Not only that, we find out that the only good EF engine left (the required part from the car) has had a frontal impact, and the car that it is in has no wheels or diff. It also may have damage to the front of the engine. The only other engine has a blown head gasket (same problem as mine). We also have no VL shell to make into a speedway car. On top of that, they still have our 308 and TH400...

Today was really my day.

cya
Ben

Old 21-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Bastards.
Did you get any receipts?
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nope, no cash changed hands. Just a relatively rare Chev pattern 308 and Turbo 400. It was supposed to be a swap, and partial sponsorship (we have another car sponsored by them, and the VL was going to have their name plastered all over it).
Old 21-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I know of a Speedway Car that needs a good home BUT i think its a Torana...........

Was made and raced for a re-union of old hack speedway guys.........

Its in Melbs :(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Torana.jpg (54.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Torana_engine.jpg (97.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Torana_inside.jpg (85.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Torana_pits.jpg (89.8 KB, 55 views)

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #5
steven95falc

my cousin has 2 torana speedway cars for sale if you are interested bot lj's with sixes in them one is fairly new and the other has been raced just for fun down at druin for a few years pm me if your interested he wants bout 3 for the both of them comes with a real dodgy tandem to
steven95falc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #6
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah, we wanted a commodore because we already have a rollcage that will fit (with minor modification). I wanted to run an RB30 as well, hence the need for a VL. We now have a VK Calais that is about to be stripped, so we are running that (complete with fuel injection).

The injected 202 has near enough to the same power as an RB30, but the factory has already taken the cheap power routes (decent intake manifold and extractors out of the box), so I'm down to internals to improve the grunt. I have some rather untried (in speedway) ideas for the head that should get me over 200 odd hp (flywheel, up from 142 factory) without touching any valve gear. A normal port and polish it aint...

cya
Ben
Old 24-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #7
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok so the wreckers arent so bad.

I just got an EFI 4.0L Auto from them to rip anything I want out. The car's going back to them afterwards, but the only useful thing left will be the clock, dash, and BCM. Evidently the guy who used to own it tried to T-Bone a power pole, which doesnt normally work too well. I also scored a Fairmont Ghia dash from another car.