Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-01-2022, 06:54 PM   #1
min16i
Starter Motor

Default Centre Console Lid

Evening All,

Thanks for the add 👍.

We’ve just bought a 2008 Zetec Focus for the young fella to learn to drive in a manual, apparently my 60 year old Land crab wasn’t cool enough 🤣.

Anyway the top lid of the centre console/arm rest is busted, I’ve had a quick look at how to pull the hinge out so I can work magic with epoxy/super glue, but I got a bit bored, can I impose upon the good nature of this board to get some tips?

Otherwise she’s a little rocket ship.

Ian
min16i is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2022, 11:52 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Centre Console Lid

Just be careful when removing it as the arm on the hinge is slightly kinked otherwise it's easy enough.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2022, 09:50 PM   #3
min16i
Starter Motor

Thanks Russell,

Any tips on how to get to the point where I can take the hinge pin part out?

I reckon I might have to take a photo to show what I mean, sometimes my explanation isn’t as clear as I’d hoped 👍

Ian
min16i is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2022, 03:08 PM   #4
nobbystang

If it's the same as an 09, it's remove the rear plastic part, there are 2 Torx screws behind the ash tray, and 2 at the top inside the console. Once they're undoe, the rear peice slides out and then you cna undo the 4 Screws holding in the hinge.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2022, 09:42 PM   #5
Middles24
Starter Motor

I tried superglue. It didn't last too long with normal use. I have have seen aftermarket armrest on ebay that have a few extra features like usb ports.
Middles24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2022, 11:12 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Here are all the factory components of the console if its any help.. not much still available from Ford though.

LS LT Focus Console.PNG
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: