Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-01-2022, 08:20 PM   #4201
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I can understand you frustration, at least you can work from home in safety. While I work outdoors, traditional retailing can't be done from home so I feel very exposed at the moment.

What I'm hating at the moment is the blase attitude to Covid now and the complete lack of regard for my personal space. I DON'T NEED to see a pic on your phone, and I DON'T NEED you shoving your phone in my face to see it. I DON'T NEED you to stand 10mm from me!
Yep true. A lot of people just don't give a **** anymore.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-01-2022, 08:23 PM   #4202
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I am also hating the laziness of a certain colleague.

A group of these Crepe Myrtles were moved and re-displayed late yesterday by a co-worker. I had to move them today to make room for something else and immediately noticed this example had a badly damaged pot.

So instead of taking all of 1 minute to replace the pot with an un-damaged one and put it back on the shelf for sale, said person decided to just ignore it and leave it as it was.

Would you buy it like that? I wouldn't!

It's all ok though, as someone else will fix it hey? Said person is now on leave for two weeks, I guess she is hoping no one would notice or even forget by the time she comes back! HA! Not this black duck!

Waste of time and wages!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2022, 08:24 PM   #4203
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Yep true. A lot of people just don't give a **** anymore.
And yet two years into this ****, "social distancing" is still news to some people.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2022, 08:25 PM   #4204
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
We were ordered to WFH until 28/1 so thinking ok no worries can work with that (came back from leave on 13/1) then got an email today saying it is extended to 28/2 with them looking over it in Feb

See how I go but over this **** and prefer to be in the office
Never thought I would say this, but am glad I am retired, I still like working but I can't imagine the workplace e changes for folk with financial and family commitments!......must be very stressful going.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2022, 01:59 PM   #4205
slowsnake
Banned

There are 2 things I hate this morning, courtesy of my trusty? Copy of the West Australian newspaper.

Firstly the parents of kidnap victim 4 yr old Chloe Smith have signed a big contract with Channel 9's 60 Minutes program, I know folk all over Australia think they are poor, monetary poor, but do they realise they have abundance getting their child back alive and well!
It's a $2 million dollar deal and the organiser of this "deal" is talent agent Mark Markson, he pockets $400,000.....disgraceful, apparently little Chloe has to be interviewed as part of the deal?...

2nd thing I hate, a worker at the WA Whaleback iron ore mine near Newman, the employee suffered a " lacerated artery in the neck "
He was struck by a metal shard?......this **** was happening 50 years ago and they ( employers ) don't get it, you employ a worker and expect him to turn up everyday, but the worker is expecting to go home to his family after work everyday, this guy was extremely lucky, he lives another day, the company Mining Giant BHP was fined in the South Hedland Magistrates court the princely sum of $125,000?

Since 2013 at the same workplace, 3 incidents involving metal shards being ejected from vehicles and equipment
Fix it, fix it before a worker dies, it is preventable!

Last edited by slowsnake; 21-01-2022 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Autospell
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 02:14 PM   #4206
slowsnake
Banned

I hate looking at a smiling caricature of mining magnate Gina Rinehart, dressed in a hi vis jacket, a whole page of my newspaper dedicated to her receiving one of 25 " Officer of the Order of Australia"
It goes on for the whole page talking about her charity to Austrailian sport, her secret donations that everyone knows about, the end of the article, the last sentence states " Her philanthropy is not that public, but its always there "

Geez, she gets her money from the ground, it's dug up and processed and sent overseas, the Royalties from her inheritance are a kick in the face to all working class Aussies, it's a minuscule amount she pays compared to the profit she gets, I do not think she deserves this award, and nor should others of her ilk, the land is owned by every Australian, and by a stupid lease arrangement she owns everything below the topsoil, if she mines a pastoral lease then the leaseholder owns the rights to the top bit, the sheep and cattle grazing part, these pastoral lease holders have addresses in the top part of town, they do nothing, they don't muster cattle or grow crops, they just get a royalty from whoever they rent the lease to!

And geez I hate that and the whole archaic system that allows it

Last edited by slowsnake; 26-01-2022 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Autospell
Old 26-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #4207
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
There are 2 things I hate this morning, courtesy of my trusty? Copy of the West Australian newspaper.

Firstly the parents of kidnap victim 4 yr old Chloe Smith have signed a big contract with Channel 9's 60 Minutes program, I know folk all over Australia think they are poor, monetary poor, but do they realise they have abundance getting their child back alive and well!
It's a $2 million dollar deal and the organiser of this "deal" is talent agent Mark Markson, he pockets $400,000.....disgraceful, apparently little Chloe has to be interviewed as part of the deal?...

2nd thing I hate, a worker at the WA Whaleback iron ore mine near Newman, the employee suffered a " lacerated artery in the neck "
He was struck by a metal shard?......this **** was happening 50 years ago and they ( employers ) don't get it, you employ a worker and expect him to turn up everyday, but the worker is expecting to go home to his family after work everyday, this guy was extremely lucky, he lives another day, the company Mining Giant BHP was fined in the South Hedland Magistrates court the princely sum of $125,000?

Since 2013 at the same workplace, 3 incidents involving metal shards being ejected from vehicles and equipment
Fix it, fix it before a worker dies, it is preventable!
Re the injured worker,don’t get up the Company!get up the lazy person who allowed this to happen by not doing the job they got paid( very well for)properly.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 02:46 PM   #4208
.:4:.
Kicking back

Probably late november, one of the staffers at a local drive through bottlo told me she put in her notice. She was retiring. A lovely lady. I dont frequent that place, but a few weeks later i did and that was after the date she said, but she was still working. So i asked her 'whats going on here?'. She said she was a few weeks short of long service. So just shy of 10 years service. This lady, an absolutely lovely person, i never ask a lady her age, but late 60s maybe. I said the way long service works is if its 10 years constant employment they are obliged to pay it out at your current rate. Yes i know long service is a fund etc. However, obliged is just up to the employer. Otherwise its award rate. And lets be real, if you're good at your job and/or good at negotiating, you get paid above the award rate.
So today i went there, linda was still working behind the till. I asked why? She said i was correct, the establishment would not oblige to her pay rate, award only, unless she stuck around untill they sorted the staff shortage, so 2 new staff.
Thats just rude.
This lady has grandkids almost as old as my kid, she is older then my mum, she deserves to retire and not get stuffed around in the process.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 04:02 PM   #4209
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW government making checking in to every business mandatory.
I see the benefit at some places, but checking into something like Woollies or Coles is pointless
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2022, 04:36 PM   #4210
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Re the injured worker,don’t get up the Company!get up the lazy person who allowed this to happen by not doing the job they got paid( very well for)properly.
The company employed idiots, they are inducted, safety and aboriginal heritage mainly, but it takes a team to strip down big equipment, each person has his job in that team, they watch out for you by using safe work practices.
The company was more likely than not pushing the men to go quicker, I've been employed by over 75 different companies in my life, mainly mining construction and maintenance work, in between workshop or city work.

The head of the company employing you is responsible for every person he employs, if he delegates to a knobhead who then supervises PAYE workers then the company is responsible for the good and the bad!

Just as an example, when I was working in a metal fab shop in Western Sydney they employed a boilermaker with the tip of his middle finger missing!
I refused to work on the 60 tonne x 10 foot guillotine with him?
Cost me my job, but its the principle, if he lost his finger then he did not have his mind on his work, he was elsewhere in his head, found out later from another mate who worked there that he was a stoner, and his prior employer sacked him for smoking pot at work, now my employer did not do his due diligence, background checks, why he left his last job, my boss needed a metal fabricator, he is responsible for any other of the 7 employees if this idiot caused an accident

Last edited by slowsnake; 26-01-2022 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Autospell
Old 26-01-2022, 06:22 PM   #4211
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
The company employed idiots, they are inducted, safety and aboriginal heritage mainly, but it takes a team to strip down big equipment, each person has his job in that team, they watch out for you by using safe work practices.
The company was more likely than not pushing the men to go quicker, I've been employed by over 75 different companies in my life, mainly mining construction and maintenance work, in between workshop or city work.

The head of the company employing you is responsible for every person he employs, if he delegates to a knobhead who then supervises PAYE workers then the company is responsible for the good and the bad!

Just as an example, when I was working in a metal fab shop in Western Sydney they employed a boilermaker with the tip of his middle finger missing!
I refused to work on the 60 tonne x 10 foot guillotine with him?
Cost me my job, but its the principle, if he lost his finger then he did not have his mind on his work, he was elsewhere in his head, found out later from another mate who worked there that he was a stoner, and his prior employer sacked him for smoking pot at work, now my employer did not do his due diligence, background checks, why he left his last job, my boss needed a metal fabricator, he is responsible for any other of the 7 employees if this idiot caused an accident
nice deflection

what if old mate with neck laceration was a bong smoker??
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2022, 08:08 PM   #4212
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
nice deflection

what if old mate with neck laceration was a bong smoker??
Drug tested!
Old 27-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #4213
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just blew 2 hours loading my Mums vax certificate on her phone, aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!
All the more harder because I had to set up everything to link everything.
MyGov, MyGovID, Medicare, a gazillion code numbers, passwords (not strong enough)etc, plus using an Apple iphone, what a PITA, somebody needs to blow up apple phones.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #4214
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Just blew 2 hours loading my Mums vax certificate on her phone, aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!
MyGov, MyGovID, Medicare, a gazillion code numbers, passwords (not strong enough)etc, plus using an Apple iphone, what a PITA, somebody needs to blow up apple phones.
Just wait till you update the phone and then transferring files which I must say you will still go through the same download ritual on certain apps.
This I just did with two new phones for myself and wifey.
Head ****ing exercise imo.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 07:41 PM   #4215
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Just wait till you update the phone and then transferring files which I must say you will still go through the same download ritual on certain apps.
This I just did with two new phones for myself and wifey.
Head ****ing exercise imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
A big F..K You to the whole MyGov system and it's associated offshoots. A system that fuels itself with being deliberately complicated, deliberately repetitive, deliberately confusing so as to discourage people from using it.

A big F..k You to Apple for a device/s that take the power away from the person who paid THEIR money for a product and not allow a person to actually have control of THEIR device.

Dealing with MyGov for both myself, and my parents a various points last year, I would rather jump down a deep, dark hole that bother with that complete cluster f..k of an organisation.

After having my mothers iPhone lock itself and refused all attempts to gain access, we had to request an account recovery, which was granted by Apple..........................in 34 days time. Cue, brand new phone and having to start the whole process again.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #4216
Kicking back

I was using my laptop today, it was old reliable. Then it went from working to dead as a dead dingos donger.
So not really the end of the world as it was/is 11 years old. I should be able to recover the hard drive, theres nothing too improtant on that, just old photos and crap. But the unexpected expense of a new computer sucks. Ive ordered a new one, its going to be better, but the situation sucks none the least.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 10:29 AM   #4217
slowsnake
Banned

That happened to me, first laptop or PC of any kind, learnt on it really, was 2008 - 9, and an Asus F5, just stopped after not being used for 5 years, stored away in its bag, had lots of pics on it, from prospecting, my mining leases, my Corvette, all in there somewhere, but not worried now, did retrieve a few cds of all my music but can't open the files, too much for my head!

I feel ya pain!
Old 30-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #4218
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SS do some asking around, there are places/people who are magic at retrieving lost files etc...

dont ask how I know, but been there done that.......
Old 30-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #4219
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
SS do some asking around, there are places/people who are magic at retrieving lost files etc...

dont ask how I know, but been there done that.......
Yup, just install the old hard drive in a PC or hard drive caddy and go for it.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 02:33 PM   #4220
Kicking back

Quote:
Yup, just install the old hard drive in a PC or hard drive caddy and go for it.
I think im on the same page. When i ordered the replacement laptop i ordered a thing that you take the old hard drive and plug it into and my understanding is it acts like an external hard drive so you can transfer files. I hope it works, also i hope my old hard drive isnt rooted.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 04:33 PM   #4221
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I think im on the same page. When i ordered the replacement laptop i ordered a thing that you take the old hard drive and plug it into and my understanding is it acts like an external hard drive so you can transfer files. I hope it works, also i hope my old hard drive isnt rooted.
If you buy a new laptop from a shop they will most likely transfer all your files from the old to the new.If you buy from somewhere online you are on your own
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 04:49 PM   #4222
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I have a stack of the old ATA & SATA hard drive type with old files on them from previous computers over the years, never had problems accessing word, excel pdf etc and same for picture images and photos as long as they had the same type of manufacturers operating systems the latest OS is usually backward compatible for older saved files.

Cheers
Old 30-01-2022, 04:56 PM   #4223
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
If you buy a new laptop from a shop they will most likely transfer all your files from the old to the new.If you buy from somewhere online you are on your own
My old laptop wont even turn on. I ordered the new one from harvey norman. Pretty sure the nerds there are just salespersons. Most the old photos are on my phone anyway. The rest isnt really too much of an issue. If the plug in hard drive thing works, thats a bonus. If it doesnt, im not going to be upset about it.
The major annoyance was hair today gone tomorrow. As in it worked fine then instantly stopped. No warning signs. Anyrate, new unit on the way. All positivity moving forward.
Old 30-01-2022, 04:59 PM   #4224
Kicking back

Quote:
I have a stack of the old ATA & SATA hard drive type with old files on them from previous computers over the years, never had problems accessing word, excel pdf etc and same for picture images and photos as long as they had the same type of manufacturers operating systems the latest OS is usually backward compatible for older saved files.

Cheers
Thanks for that. You give me a bit of confidence that i can recover stuff reasonably easily.
Old 30-01-2022, 05:53 PM   #4225
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the very old computers had some nice family orientated games on them that you cant find any more...
Donkey Kong
PacMan
Frog Leap
Lemmings

ahh those were the simple days...
Old 31-01-2022, 11:32 AM   #4226
slowsnake
Banned

One thing about my Asus F5 was a mate removed the fan to clean it, just in case it was overheating, it was jammed with "cat hair" damn thing was better than a vacuum cleaner!.......
Old 01-02-2022, 02:15 PM   #4227
Kicking back

Hmmm, i dont blame harveys. But i got an email saying laptop delivered. It wasnt. Got a text from the courier company asking what im wearing (not really) but saying delivered too the wrong suburb and signed for by some bloke called steven. So i checked the invoice, name adress payment, all that crap was correct. Emailed harveys and theyre looking into it. Its not their fault, but now they have to sort their stuff out.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:33 PM   #4228
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Hmmm, i dont blame harveys. But i got an email saying laptop delivered. It wasnt. Got a text from the courier company asking what im wearing (not really) but saying delivered too the wrong suburb and signed for by some bloke called steven. So i checked the invoice, name adress payment, all that crap was correct. Emailed harveys and theyre looking into it. Its not their fault, but now they have to sort their stuff out.
If Steven thinks he's got a free laptop, he'd better think again...

https://lawpath.com.au/blog/legal-op...one-elses-mail
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2022, 02:48 PM   #4229
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
If Steven thinks he's got a free laptop, he'd better think again...

https://lawpath.com.au/blog/legal-op...one-elses-mail
Harveys can go the couriers. I gave the correct info, so yeah, maybe someone at dispatch stuffed up, maybe it was the courier service. But 100%, someone who's name isnt on the package can't/shouldn't be allowed to sign for it.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:56 AM   #4230
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Another multiple-hour power outage at home. Thankfully, this time around, there's no covid involved.....yet.

Car ran into a power pole at the entrance to the estate I live in at 1:30 this morning. I have a house alarm with a battery back-up and it will beep every few minutes once mains supply is disconnected until such time as you acknowledge it. That woke both me and my daughter up. And then that and the noise form the emergency workers extricating the driver of the crashed vehicle stirred the dog up so she wanted to come inside. Power is still out so I'm now around at my mum's place so I can work.

The power pole was snapped off at ground level, so the driver hit it pretty hard. Reckon it will take them a while to replace it and get power back on. Apparently the driver was a 50-year old who was flown to the Alfred.

This is the third, longer than a few hours, power outage I've had in the last few months. I notice that the distribution company credited my electricity bill with $90 on my last bill, so I assume that is the poor reliability payment. Still $90 hardly covers the costs of two takeaway meals for myself and my daughter, so it's hardly adequate compensation. better than a kick in the bum, tho, and, to their credit, they credited my account without me having to chase it up.

Got a text from the distributor this morning saying that power was back on at my place, but if it wasn't, to contact them. So I call them. After listening to the usual spiel about don't report emergencies, etc, I get to the point where I select power outage, input my postcode and get told there's a known power outage in my area, if I want to add some detail to that, hang on the line. At that point, the phone call is terminated

Anyway, I shouldn't complain, I'm sure I'm in a far better state than that poor car driver, whether they were at fault or not.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post