Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-12-2021, 10:22 AM   #1
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default School and other tragedies ..

G'day all .. On Thursday many AFF ers would have seen on the news the tragedy that unfolded in Devonport here in Tasmania . We lost five beaut kids in a tragic accident at Hillcrest Primary . It has rocked like nothing else the State in a way I have never seen before .

There is no point any of us laying blame on this absolute tragedy yet because to do that would make the grieving for the poor families and friends even harder ..The no doubt comprehensive investigations will take care of all that at an appropriate juncture .

What point I want to make on this terrible thing though is this . Treasure your loved ones . Things like this are so unexpected and can and do happen in a heartbeat so when you get the chance make sure you let your family know how loved and important they are .

Life must go on . At work yesterday before we held our send offs at the school I work at (about 200km from Hillcrest where the accident happened) our Principal got us to pay our respects including holding hands and having a minute's silence for the five little lives lost , the critically injured , all the families impacted directly and indirectly in Devonport and so on .

While we enjoy our Christmas can I ask we all spare kind thoughts for victims of Hillcrest , for those lost to Covid , to any other unexpected accident , to emergency services personnel who have to handle some terrible things and to volunteer firefighters , Ambo's and S.E.S. etc everywhere who put their lives on hold to keep so many safe while most enjoy the festive season..

That'd be a great thing to do..

Last edited by roddy1960; 18-12-2021 at 10:32 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: School and other tragedies ..

Thanks Roddy.
Very sobering. Puts a few things in perspective.
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2021, 12:21 PM   #3
leesa

Such a tragedy on the end of what was already a rotten year.
I hope that you tassy people can keep an eye on the remaining family as I wouldn't be surprised if the incident ends up taking more lives than the ones that were on the bouncy castle.
Rest peacefully, poor little mites.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2021, 08:50 PM   #4
mondeomatureguy

Hi Everyone,
This was so sad for the loss of these little ones and for the family because its so close to xmas also makes it even worse for everyone.
No words that i can say will help ease the pain of what the family is going thru, not to mention the School and the Community of Devonport.

Guess Heaven was running short of Angles.
RIP Little Ones
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: