Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
JD86
DELANY

Default KN laser key and remote central locking

Hi guys, i just purchased a KN laser for my mum. It only came with one key and remote. I went to a locksmith to try to get the key cut and another remote, only for him to say he can do 95% of the market but not the key
I gave him. He told me to go to Ford and it will cost me around $300.
Does anyone know another way? Does it cost $300 from Ford or did he exaggerate a bit?
Thanks

Old 07-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: KN laser key and remote central locking

I just came across a post on another forum while Googling for a KN Laser key and it said that it was supposed to be a dealer only option for the KN Laser as they also needed to hook up to the main computer to recode it (sounds feasible nowadays). The post was dated November 2011 and they said they only paid $180 from a dealer but it doesn't mention which dealer :( You may need to shop around and see if you can better the price you were quoted

Also found these guys but not sure on price, availability etc..... but might be worth a try http://www.profixlocksmiths.com.au/?...FYMlpAodN0HQBA
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
JD86
DELANY

thanks, i have contacted city ford they are saying it is $295 for transmitter and $111 for key. Then cutting and coding is $121.
Total of $527 for a bloody spare key and remote.
I am waiting on quotes from a few other Ford dealer ships but assuming they will all be similar?
Anyone else know how to get this done cheaper?
Thanks
Old 09-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Another suggestion would be to maybe try the MINIT man (formerly Mister Minit) you should find one in any major shopping centre. They advertise being able to supply keys and remotes for most popular models
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a KQ and I had the 2 keys but no remote locking buttons. got the button from a wrecker and programmed it no problems. If i remember right the button cost around $60. Can't help with the key though. I may even have the instruction on programming the buttons. i'll check if i still have it and if i do i can scan it and send it to you
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Another couple of options may be to ring some mazda dealers or try some of the major locksmiths. I know that RAMS in dandenong can program late falcon keys. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post