Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 14-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
bionic_jase
Starter Motor

Default window tinting - bris

hey all,

dunno if this is the right place for it.. so sorry.. but.....

looking at getting my windows tinted. I live in the redlands, Brisbane and was wondering if anyone knew of a cheap(er) place to get my windows tinted? tint-a-car wanted to charge me $395 which is a bit exxy, theres a few place son the GC that charge around the $275 mark, and have any of you had problems tinting the back window with the aerial being there? did you have to get non-metallised tint?

cheers
jase

bionic_jase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
chris b

jase i got my xr6t ute tinted at express tint on old clevland rd he dose a great job uses a 3m tint on the aerial (i live in thornlands)
chris b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
chris b

i think i paid 250 darkest legal
chris b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_jase
hey all, looking at getting my windows tinted. I live in the redlands, Brisbane and was wondering if anyone knew of a cheap(er) place to get my windows tinted? tint-a-car wanted to charge me $395 which is a bit exxy, theres a few place son the GC that charge around the $275 mark, and have any of you had problems tinting the back window with the aerial being there? did you have to get non-metallised tint?
cheers, jase
If you want honest information from a guy on the Gold Coast who's been in the industry for many years and uses only the best quality materials, give John Dempsy a call on 5582 7777.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #5
FOUR X XR8
Starter Motor

HEY JASE
A MATE OF MINE, JACQUES, OWNS REVIVE - YOUR ONE STOP CAR SHOP @ 81 LUTWYCHE RD. WINDSOR. THEY DO TINTING, DETAILING, PAINT PROTECTION, ALARMS ETC. HE'S THE ONLY BLOKE IV'E EVER LET TINT MY CARS FOR OVER 10YRS NOW. HE DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB. TELL HIM NIKKI FROM JC SIGNS SENT YOU AND HE WILL DO YA A GOOD PRICE. HIS NO. IS 07 3857 7744 OR GO TO www.revivemycar.com.au
FOUR X XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #6
bwhinnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
If you want honest information from a guy on the Gold Coast who's been in the industry for many years and uses only the best quality materials, give John Dempsy a call on 5582 7777.
Do you know what brands of film he uses?

Also with all those recommended, do they take the door trims off to do the tint job?

Will be looking at getting our new BF done when we get it next month.
bwhinnen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhinnen
Do you know what brands of film he uses?
Also with all those recommended, do they take the door trims off to do the tint job?
Will be looking at getting our new BF done when we get it next month.
John uses MEP and takes the trims off. And with Fords, he also takes the rubbers off. He's been in the industry for 21 years.
NB His phone number has changed to 5532 3808 (Mon - Fri).
Old 03-04-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
bwhinnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
John uses MEP and takes the trims off. And with Fords, he also takes the rubbers off. He's been in the industry for 21 years.
NB His phone number has changed to 5532 3808 (Mon - Fri).
Thanks Pedro, I've just spoken to him, great phone manner, very friendly and approachable!

Might have to organise a day off when it gets done to go down to the gold coast!

Cheers
Brett
Old 15-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #9
bwhinnen

Well the car is booked in for tomorrow morning. Just need to decide on the level of Tint to get. I was thinking along the lines of T20...
Old 15-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #10
Big John
Starter Motor

Default Re Tint

T35 is better.
John G.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #11
bwhinnen

I have T35 on my WRX and have found it to be a little too light which is why I was looking towards T20. The colour of the car is Silohuoette which is why I was also looking towards a darker shade. Is there something between T35 and T20? I don't want to be dangerous or obviously look illegal...
Old 19-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #12
bwhinnen

Thanks Pedro for your recommendation. John did the tint work on Tuesday, great job.

I ended up with T28 which I think is perfect, not too dark, but dark enough to look great.
Old 19-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #13
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhinnen
Thanks Pedro for your recommendation. John did the tint work on Tuesday, great job.

I ended up with T28 which I think is perfect, not too dark, but dark enough to look great.

Would love to see pics of it...

I wish I had darker on mine, but was told that I have the darkest allowed :

Excellent to hear that you are happy with the work...
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #14
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I want tint for my brithday. mine has gone green :(

My birthday is in june so you guys better be quick!! : : : :Reverend: :nutsycuck : :monkes: _ :
Old 19-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #15
bwhinnen

I'll try and get some pics over the weekend, might wash it on Saturday instead of Sunday this time so I can get some nice ones on Sunday.

Green tint would almost match the car colour :P I was very particular about the brand of film I used, the MEP wasn't my first choice but it is decidedly better than most of them out there...
Old 20-05-2006, 07:04 AM   #16
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=bwhinnen]I'll try and get some pics over the weekend, might wash it on Saturday instead of Sunday this time so I can get some nice ones on Sunday.QUOTE]

I called in to see John the tinter on Thursday and he said your car was so clean when you drove in, that he reckoned you must have washed it outside his front door!
Old 26-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #17
wld 54
Starter Motor

hi guys and gals looking at fitting a set of headers to my ba mk ll xr8 not sure which brand genie or pacemaker every exhaust shop tells you something different any help welcomed . cheers peter wld 54.
wld 54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #18
bwhinnen

Here are some pics

Hope you all had a great time up at Gympie, wish we could have made it up there!

Brett
Old 05-06-2006, 01:43 AM   #19
blkpuss
Drive Hard/Play Hard!!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wld 54
hi guys and gals looking at fitting a set of headers to my ba mk ll xr8 not sure which brand genie or pacemaker every exhaust shop tells you something different any help welcomed . cheers peter wld 54.
Peter, I can personally reccommend the Pacemaker Tri Y headers... they made such a big difference to my MkII XR8.. Not just with performance, but also gave the exhaust a deeper note.. Added at least a further 20+kw . I would highly suggest you speak to Aaron or Rob at Rob Bliss Exhausts, 264 Robinson Rd Geebung ... 3265 2044... The guys there have looked after quite a few of the club cars, not just with service, but discount as well, hope this helps you decide... :eclipsee_
blkpuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #20
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brett your beast looks absolutely awesome.. the tint looks brilliant..
Absolutely love it, can't wait to see it in the flesh (so to speak)....
:eclipsee_

P.S I think it can be safely said everyone had an absolute awesome time at Gympie... It is a shame you weren't able to make it, but next time maybe..
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post