Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #31
Tim41
Starter Motor

Jabba, yeah I know it is no good not letting the utes in. You should come to Qeensland raceway for the Saturday afternoon Sprints they are awsome.
Old 23-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #32
YGOSLO
REVENGE

Default MY Conclusion to the Event

Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get your head out of your exhaust.

So many people have stated that if the car clubs are informed, if the rules were stated, if the classes are stated, YOU WILL GET THE FPVs, because thats who should be up against.

Now lets be honest it has been stated that it's a MONAROS v GTs event. But the Trophy is for the modern Muscle Car! but a FPV Typhoon can't enter the Tornado can't enter the BF GT can't enter, the XR8 can't enter, the XR6 can't enter.Are they not modern Muscle Cars. "No wonder you were playing with youselves".

You take your Trophy and give it a good polish because on a level playing field you will loose it next year.

Regards
Old 24-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #33
Tim41
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Tony check your details first

Tony, Mate why do you always try to look at people as if they are doing you an injustice. You were not the only cars that weren't aloud to compete in the Event. I own A Maloo R8 ute as you know, and I was not aloud to run because it was not a Monaro. And their were other people that could not race there GTS sedan or their Clubsport or there SS Ute or their Commodore Vacationer. I could go on for hours about all the cars that weren't aloud to compete. But the fact of the matter is that the race, for the Modern Muscle Trophy was for the Monaro vs the GT. I wish it could have been different but, thats the way the cookie crumbles. If you think that we think the race is all about the trophy, then you are badly mistaken. We race at Queensland raceway all the time on the Saturday afternoon sprints and there is no trophy to be won there. That is because we do it for the FUN and the memories. And that is worth a lot more than some Plastic Trophy. Mate I am not trying to you off, I am trying to get you interested in coming to track events that we will have in the future. I ask you and the guys on the Forum. Don't you think it is good to have a Modern Muscle Ford Vs Holden track day that is open to all makes of Fords and all makes of Holdens. I am sure we Both Makes of car could put on a real show. So why stop trying to hang crap on me and put forward some constructive ideas.
Old 24-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #34
SP Ken

G'day all,

Well before this turns into anymore of a slanging match than it already is the matter is closed. This is our club area not a place to settle old differences.

Cheers,

Ken
Closed Thread