Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #31
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
I am currently fiddling with the vernier and computer to get that awesome feeling again.
stop mucking around with the cam and just get a higher stall converter fitted....that will get you into your new powerband quicksmart ;)
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
stop mucking around with the cam and just get a higher stall converter fitted....that will get you into your new powerband quicksmart ;)
I am thinking about 3.7 gears and a stallie.Good idea mate.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 02:21 PM   #33
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

All AU wagons run 3.23 diffs.

The 3.7 is the go with a black speedo gear so you don't hit the speed limiter which doesn't work on useless car for some reason?
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
All AU wagons run 3.23 diffs.

The 3.7 is the go with a black speedo gear so you don't hit the speed limiter which doesn't work on useless car for some reason?
I think the Au 1 must have some difference in its programming.The map sensor from an au 2 will not fit on an au1.Also the au 2 computer will not run the au1.
Old 27-01-2005, 05:16 PM   #35
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

At what speed is the limiter set?
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_Fairmont -S-
At what speed is the limiter set?
180kph for yours.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #37
Stav
Smile

around 180 kmph .. :lookedat:
Old 27-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #38
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

Quote:
I am thinking about 3.7 gears and a stallie.Good idea mate.
make sure you get one which retains convertor lock-up
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #39
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have raced 20 odd ss commodores on the street and none of them beat me from 0-100
Quote:
the AU 6 does 0-100 in 9.7 seconds. Mine is doing 7 to 7.5 at the moment....
Gen III performance - according to http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1572/...opularArticle:

"...gave 0-100 performances - with a gentle police-friendly launch - of around 6.3 seconds..."

What the! I have raced a genIII VY ute before and I would need a rocket jammed up my **** to keep up.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 09:37 PM   #40
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Yes I do occasionally get sucked in to street racing too and most times i get owned by genIII's mostly cause i value life and licence too much as I get older.

Mostly they get an awful fright at about 50kmh that I am still there level with their rear door in a falcon wagon and then they gun it and I get to see the tail lights by 80kmh. Manual genIII's just forget about it.

Old auto VN-VS V8's I can beat pretty much every time. They get off the mark quicker but i pass them at 60k when they change out of first and i then as in roll ons everywhere basicly same as XR8's from EF-AUI they just can't get away.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post