Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-09-2016, 10:25 AM   #1
Mondaveo

Default How to: Here's how to potentially make a complete fool of yourself with a Mondeo

In case anyone was wondering how it's done...

1. Drive to Tuliptop gardens.
2. Open rear passenger-side door and unload child.
3. Open rear driver-side door and unload dogs.
4. Close door, lock car and walk away.
5. Return some hours later and realise you never closed the passenger door.

Luckily it seems gardens visitors are an honest lot. I wouldn't want to try it in the city at Floriade

I learned something today - for all its beeps and bongs for lights on or key not present, this car will totally allow you to lock it without the doors closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How to: Here's how to potentially make a complete fool of yourself with a Mondeo

Just yesterday, I took my Fairmont out for a drive and came back to find all windows on my Mondeo wide open. I must have accidentally pressed the global unlock without realising.

Luckily my car was at home, and it didn't rain.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: How to: Here's how to potentially make a complete fool of yourself with a Mondeo

lol, Interesting..the MB will:

Front door open - unlock the moment you've locked it, so you hear the mechanism twice.
Rear door open - lock like normal, so you think it's secure.

- Dead Lock doesn't operate at all with any door open -

Which isn't bad as I use that if I'm some way away from the car to not hear it lock because it gives a visual flash of the indicators and if I don't see that (as I'm always looking for it) then I'm on my way back to the car.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-09-2016, 11:25 PM   #4
Mondaveo

Thanks for the tips, cobrin. I have now learned multiple things this weekend

Front door open, and it is as you say, hear double clunk and it remains unlocked.
Rear door or tailgate open, it clunks (and mirrors fold) for locked and clunks again for deadlock, but the indicators don't flash until all doors are closed.

I also noticed that once it is properly deadlocked, if I keep pressing the lock button on the fob, it keeps clunking but the lights only flash on every second press. I take it this is un-deadlocking (but remaining locked) and re-deadlocking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2016, 12:34 AM   #5
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate todsy I was outside chucking mulch on the gardens with my old man, and while at it I was looking at my xr6 which I decided to go look at, anyway I look at the inside door lock and its unlocked ......... Last time I used my car was 3 days prior to that........., mind you my street ive have my license plates stolen recently , luckily all seems well, nothing was stolen.
xr6-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post