Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2011 Mondeo MC Official Release

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/505...ondeo-revealed

apstar

apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Updated head unit!! now what does that mean the HMI between the RPM & Speedo or the Sony unit.....to me that is a Head unit but to frigin Ford Australia that could be a visit to the local brothel

Quote:
Speaking with TMR, Ford Australia's Peter Fadeyev said that while the EcoBoost engine will be absent initially from local MC model line-up, the EcoBoost engine/s will not be absent from the Australian Mondeo line-up forever (but a debut is likely to wait until after the arrival of the EcoBoost Falcon in late 2011 or early 2012).
hahaha or early 2012 pigs will fly pink ones at that

apstar
Old 15-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I reckon it's the replacement of the Sony head unit.

Although there was a picture of the inside of the one at the Sydney Motor Show on another thread which showed the current head unit. Won't know until all the info is out.

Jeez, it's vague: "Mondeo LX and Zetec variants will be first to arrive, with Titanium hatch and wagon models to follow in December and January 2011 respectively."
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
RicOz

They are bring back the sedan!???
Old 15-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
ian b

So every-one will wait for the Ecoboost, initial sales with the old petrol engine will be poor enabling Ford Australia to claim that there is no market for the Mondeo, thus protecting the Falcon sales.

They need to get people engaged.
Old 15-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2577DC000F6B6D

Ford ups Mondeo prices

Quote:
Facelifted Ford Mondeo lands with price increases of between $450 and $750

15 November 2010

By MARTON PETTENDY

FORD Australia has revealed price increases of between $450 and $750 for its upgraded MC Mondeo line-up, first examples of which will arrive in Blue Oval showrooms this week.

Entry-level LX and mid-range Zetec variants will be the first to become available, with Titanium hatch and wagon models to follow in December and January respectively.

As we reported last month, the mid-life Mondeo makeover brings a host of new standard and optional technologies to Ford’s global mid-sizer, which also comes with advanced new safety features and upgraded interior and exterior styling.

FordMondeo center imageThe most modest price rises are applied at the bottom end of the Mondeo range, with the entry-level LX hatch now opening the range $450 higher at $30,990 – $500 more than the entry price of Australia’s top-selling mid-size model, Toyota’s Camry ($30,490).

Price rises for the LX TDCi hatch and both the petrol and diesel LX wagons have also been limited to $450.

All four Zetec models – including the 2.3-litre Duratec petrol hatch ($36,240) and wagon ($37,740) and the 2.0-litre TDCi hatch ($39,740) and wagon ($39,740) – go up by $500, while the flagship Titanium models cost $750 more than before.

Ford’s new six-speed PowerShift twin-clutch automated manual transmission will come standard in variants powered by the 120kW/340Nm 2.0-litre ‘Duratorq TDCi’ diesel introduced here in May, while petrol models run a conventional six-speed automatic transmission.

Four-door sedan, 147kW 2.2-litre turbo-diesel, 162kW 2.5-litre petrol, 2.0-litre EcoBoost petrol and manual-transmission versions of the upgraded Mondeo will not be sold in Australia for now.

Ford debuted its facelifted Mondeo line-up locally at last month’s Sydney motor show. As we reported then, safety innovations developed by Ford’s former luxury arm Volvo and fitted as standard on range-topping Mondeo Titanium models include a camera-based lane departure warning system.

Other advanced safety features include an on-board driver drowsiness detection system, cruise control with speed-limiter, a blind spot information system (BLIS), automatic high-beam headlight selection and LED daytime-running lights.

External changes include new wheels, a new bonnet design, new upper and lower front grilles, new front and rear bumpers, revised tail-lights, mirror-integrated indicators, new tailgate and deck-lids, and a glass-mounted antenna.

Interior changes include revised décor and passenger seat lumbar support, sliding centre console cover and (from February) power rear windows in base models.

2011 Ford Mondeo pricing:
Hatch
LX 2.3 petrol (a) $30,990 (up $450)
LX 2.0 TDCi (PowerShift) $34,990 (up $450)
Zetec 2.3 petrol (a) $36,240 (up $500)
Zetec 2.0 TDCi (PowerShift) $39,740 (up $500)
Titanium 2.3L petrol (a) $43,490 (up $750)
Titanium 2.0 TDCi (PowerShift) $46,990 (up $750)
Wagon
LX 2.3L petrol (a) $32,840 (up $450)
LX 2.0 TDCi (PowerShift) $36,840 (up $450)
Zetec 2.3L petrol (a) $37,740 (up $500)
Zetec 2.0 TDCi (PowerShift) $41,240 (up $500)
Titanium 2.0 TDCi (PowerShift) $48,490 (up $750)
Old 15-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian b
So every-one will wait for the Ecoboost, initial sales with the old petrol engine will be poor enabling Ford Australia to claim that there is no market for the Mondeo, thus protecting the Falcon sales.

They need to get people engaged.
I think it makes perfect sense to lauch Ecoboost to this country in the Falcon & not the Mondeo..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Oh that's right the Australian Dollar has reached parity with the American dollar so what does Ford do ............. up the price

Ian B

Spot on mate

apstar
Old 15-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I reckon it's the replacement of the Sony head unit.

"
You mean this!

apstar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-Ford-Mondeo-Dash.JPG (126.1 KB, 175 views)
Old 15-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Apstar, that's the replacement centre console I reckon will be in the Titaniums. Maybe the Zetec and LX will get the current 'c' console (?).

Looks the goods from the UK site

They must be getting some demos in now to start taking customers for test drives like I went on back in 07. I'll wait an invite as I've registered to get more info - nothing in my inbox today.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
Mickmelb

Ford is dropping out 2 cars for a week or so at work sometime this week for a demo so I'll try and grab the hatch for the weekend and see how it goes. I don't know which model but I doubt it will be the Titanium unfortunately.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #12
ian b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I think it makes perfect sense to lauch Ecoboost to this country in the Falcon & not the Mondeo..

Agree it should be in the Falcon or it will lose ground on the SIDI Holdens, but why hold back on the Mondeo, which is more attractive to the europeans amongst us, and the more they sold the more aware the buying public would be of the quality of the vehicle, and therefore attract more sales.

Ford could sell volume in both if they really thought it through.

"Oil burners" are not so popular here as in Europe so will not sell as well as the petrol Sportwagon. A Titanium wagon with ecoboost is the way to go.
Old 15-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #13
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Agree it should be in the Falcon or it will lose ground on the SIDI Holdens, but why hold back on the Mondeo, which is more attractive to the europeans amongst us, and the more they sold the more aware the buying public would be of the quality of the vehicle, and therefore attract more sales.

Ford could sell volume in both if they really thought it through.

"Oil burners" are not so popular here as in Europe so will not sell as well as the petrol Sportwagon. A Titanium wagon with ecoboost is the way to go.
A) It is a marketing thing.. Ford would loose the "WOW" factor on they number #1 product for 200 odd sales / month of Petrol Mondeo..
B) I think Ford sell more Diesel Mondeos than Petrol?
Old 15-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #14
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Oh that's right the Australian Dollar has reached parity with the American dollar so what does Ford do ............. up the price

Ian B

Spot on mate

apstar
Mondeo is bought in EUR not USD!!
Old 16-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #15
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just up on UK site:
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Mondeo

Quote:
Part of the innovative range of Ford ECOnetic Technologies, advanced 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre EcoBoost turbocharged petrol engines are both now available. Even the high performance, revised 2.2-litre TDCi 200 PS – our most powerful Duratorq diesel engine to date – gives CO2 emissions of just 159 g/km. Next-generation diesel and petrol engines deliver improved driving dynamics, while technologies like Ford PowerShift transmission and Auto-Start-Stop are reducing environmental impact further still.
apstar
Old 16-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #16
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
Ford is dropping out 2 cars for a week or so at work sometime this week for a demo so I'll try and grab the hatch for the weekend and see how it goes. I don't know which model but I doubt it will be the Titanium unfortunately.
They'll be MB i'd say. And if they want your cash they should be Titaniums.
Previous:
Old 16-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #17
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
You mean this!

apstar
Looks like the Turbo Diesel Titanium. I can tell by the H pattern of the gear shifter (reverse to the top left)

That's a pretty s3xual interior!

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok I agree........ so what's stopping Ford using the 2.2L Diesel in the 2011 Mondeo as most sales in Oz are diesels and leave the Ecoboost for the Falcon not hard is it to keep everyone happy and get existing owners to trade up

apstar
Old 16-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #19
ian b

They sell more diesels because the petrol (apart from the XR5T) is underpowered, put in the right petrol engine and the local buyers would get into it. Diesels cars are not that common in Australian formats, mainly euro imports, or asian 4x4's.
Old 16-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #20
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok I agree........ so what's stopping Ford using the 2.2L Diesel in the 2011 Mondeo as most sales in Oz are diesels and leave the Ecoboost for the Falcon not hard is it to keep everyone happy and get existing owners to trade up

apstar
Because that engine only comes in manual & most buyers in this country buy auto (god knows why, manual for me)... So you're only going to p.ss off most of the buyers that can only get the 2.0 to keep a few manual people happy with the 2.2!!
And who is saying diesel arn't popular in this country should look at the growing change in buyers taste towards diesel I think!!

Also saw a black Diesel Titanium today.. Very, very nice car... Ford sould put this car in TV adds & a few more people might look at Mondeo my thinks
Old 16-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #21
ian b

My point was that the traditional high volume Australian models (Falcon, Commodore) are not given diesel engines so the general trend in the large sedan market is still away from diesel and towards petrol.

Smaller Holdens/Fords have diesel, but are aimed at a different market than the Commodore/Falcon/Mondeo.

Local Ford buyers used to petrol would probably buy a petrol Falcon over a diesel Mondeo, so put a decent petrol engine in the Mondeo and it would sell as it is a better car than the Falcon.

Diesel sales in Australia are mainly smaller euro/asian derivative models and 4x4's.

Last edited by ian b; 16-11-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
ian b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #22
RicOz

Quote:
My point was that the traditional high volume Australian models (Falcon, Commodore) are not given diesel engines so the general trend in the large sedan market is still away from diesel and towards petrol.

Smaller Holdens/Fords have diesel, but are aimed at a different market than the Commodore/Falcon/Mondeo.

Local Ford buyers used to petrol would probably buy a petrol Falcon over a diesel Mondeo, so put a decent petrol engine in the Mondeo and it would sell as it is a better car than the Falcon.

Diesel sales in Australia are mainly smaller euro/asian derivative models and 4x4's.
My research is by no means scientific, but I'd say about 70-80% of all Mondeo's I see on the road are diesel.

Perhaps there are plenty of people who want to buy a diesel Falcon but can't get one so they go to Mondeo?
Old 17-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #23
Dusty1
Giddy up!

If they offered a diesel Falcon in G6 spec I'd give it some serious thought.
Previous:
Old 17-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #24
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
If they offered a diesel Falcon in G6 spec I'd give it some serious thought.
Yeah exactly. BMW can throw out a 330d with 500+Nm, so why not a G6 or G6E That would be an awesome buy.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #25
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

A diesel would get my wife over the line with a falcon aswell, with a ZF it would be a nice car.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #26
roguex2x
Starter Motor

Quote:

Also saw a black Diesel Titanium today.. Very, very nice car... Ford sould put this car in TV adds & a few more people might look at Mondeo my thinks
You in Melbourne Joe5619? I recently bought a black diesel Titanium and always try to look out for other Mondeo drivers. I try to give other Mondeo drivers a wave or a nod.

It's funny how some recent Ford ads show alot of the features from the Mondeo (like the heated seats, adaptive headlights, etc) but then go on to only show a Terrritory or Falcon ute for $xxxxx drive away.
roguex2x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #27
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool

Quote:
Mondeo is bought in EUR not USD!!
The Aussie Dollar has been increasing in value against the Euro as well as the US Dollar. When I was over there in April to July 2009 all I got for an Aussie Dollar was 53 measly euro cents. Now an Aussie dollar is worth 72-73 euro cents.

That is a 37% increase in value of the AU Dollar to the Euro in just over a year.

So why are they increasing prices of the Mondeo? THEY SHOULD BE REDUCING THEM!

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #28
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Ford OZ have never really been ones to spend advert $.
Just look at Holden and Toyota advertising....yes, you do see it (good start!!)
And the products are <beep> everywhere.

(yuk,.... saying that left a nasty taste in my mouth....)
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #29
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguex2x
You in Melbourne Joe5619? I recently bought a black diesel Titanium and always try to look out for other Mondeo drivers. I try to give other Mondeo drivers a wave or a nod.
No, Sydney.. Out Parra way..
Old 17-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #30
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike
The Aussie Dollar has been increasing in value against the Euro as well as the US Dollar. When I was over there in April to July 2009 all I got for an Aussie Dollar was 53 measly euro cents. Now an Aussie dollar is worth 72-73 euro cents.

That is a 37% increase in value of the AU Dollar to the Euro in just over a year.

So why are they increasing prices of the Mondeo? THEY SHOULD BE REDUCING THEM!
Because they have to average it out over an entire model life... not at the snapshot they are buying the vehicle at..... what if they priced it according to 70c and it went back to 55c.... that would be a disaster for ford oz... the upspeccing has added value, much more than the modest price hikes....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post