Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
Ay-You-Steve

Default AU Petrol Tank Size V ED Size

Is there a difference in the size of an AU tank and an ED tank? Why you may ask? because when I got petrol for the AU the other day the gauge was about 1/2 and it cost me $35 @ $1.00 a litre. The ED used to cost me $45 @ $1.00 a litre....plus I've only put fuel in the AU once so I may not have filled it up full.

Last edited by Ay-You-Steve; 27-01-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Ay-You-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

All i can vouch for is the Ed..
It holds 68 litres
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
loxxr6
XB in parts...

AU is 68 as well in sedan and wagon.

Dual fuel is different again.

Figures taken from a series 2 au booklet.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
Ay-You-Steve

Both 68 lt..Hmmm bit odd that, unless the ED fuel gauge was up the you know what... have to wait till I fill up the AU again and see what happens.
Ay-You-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post