Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
blake_XR6
Regular Member
 
blake_XR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 425
Default 322mm front brake info please!

hey, I got the C5 or C6 callipers on the front of my ba xr6 (03) and they didnt come with the car I bought them from the wreckers and put them on, they fit onto the car fine but I got some EBC greenstuff pads and some RDA slotted 322mm rotors and they arent compatable with the callipers, they pads are to suit the standard callipers and the rotors are the right diameter but do not fit the callipers they sit in to close to the upright. I kno this is all making me sound like an idiot but I was wondering if you could help me out because the supplier that I got the pads and discs from is willing to refund.
__________________
ba xr6 Silhouette - that was then

bf mk2 F6 typhoon & GC8 wrx - this is now
blake_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney
 
FLOORED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SYDNEY
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_XR6
hey, I got the C5 or C6 callipers on the front of my ba xr6 (03) and they didnt come with the car I bought them from the wreckers and put them on, they fit onto the car fine but I got some EBC greenstuff pads and some RDA slotted 322mm rotors and they arent compatable with the callipers, they pads are to suit the standard callipers and the rotors are the right diameter but do not fit the callipers they sit in to close to the upright. I kno this is all making me sound like an idiot but I was wondering if you could help me out because the supplier that I got the pads and discs from is willing to refund.

Mate what i think you have is the BA GT calipers and the correct rotors for this are the 325mm x 32mm ones and not the 322mm which were for the BF and FG XR6T and and XR8's. The brake pads to fit those calipers you have are the 7599 shape and i carry both the DBA 4000 T3 rotors in stock at $480 a pair or RDA Slotted for $310 a pair and Heavy Duty brake pads for $90 a set.
If i can sell you the parts it is much appreciated but you may be able to get the parts from your supplier and trade up from what you have.
__________________
MATTHEW PEARCE
RACE BRAKES SYDNEY = When you want it to stop

Phone 02 9609 1101

BENDIX NEW SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS AVAILABLE

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
blake_XR6
Regular Member
 
blake_XR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 425
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

I was told that they were off a xr8, they are black in colour if that has anything to do with it... thanks for your info.
__________________
ba xr6 Silhouette - that was then

bf mk2 F6 typhoon & GC8 wrx - this is now
blake_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney
 
FLOORED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SYDNEY
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_XR6
I was told that they were off a xr8, they are black in colour if that has anything to do with it... thanks for your info.
They could just be painted black std calipers that fit a BA so can you take a photo of the caliper and sit the brake pads next to them so i can see and i may be able to tell you.
__________________
MATTHEW PEARCE
RACE BRAKES SYDNEY = When you want it to stop

Phone 02 9609 1101

BENDIX NEW SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS AVAILABLE

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
blake_XR6
Regular Member
 
blake_XR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 425
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

probly not anytime soon because of weather, my yard and driveway is slush. its not std callipers because the brake pads out of the std callipers that I took off the car do not fit into the new callipers and the pads that are in the new callipers are a smaller pad yet have a bigger surface area.
__________________
ba xr6 Silhouette - that was then

bf mk2 F6 typhoon & GC8 wrx - this is now
blake_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney
 
FLOORED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SYDNEY
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_XR6
probly not anytime soon because of weather, my yard and driveway is slush. its not std callipers because the brake pads out of the std callipers that I took off the car do not fit into the new callipers and the pads that are in the new callipers are a smaller pad yet have a bigger surface area.

This is the link to the 7599 that i think it is just check here.
http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue/7...&oepart=&part=


I just read in another thread that you have the actual rotors fitted with the calipers so all you have to do is measure the rotors that came with them and they should be 325mm x 32mm as all the other rotors like the 298mm and the 322mm are only 28mm thick.
__________________
MATTHEW PEARCE
RACE BRAKES SYDNEY = When you want it to stop

Phone 02 9609 1101

BENDIX NEW SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS AVAILABLE

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au

Last edited by FLOORED; 28-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
blake_XR6
Regular Member
 
blake_XR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 425
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

I probly will hit u up for a pair of rotors once I find out for sure what my rotors and brakes are. and yes my pads are the 7599 style. I dont think they are bendix's but that is the pad style. do you have ebc greenstuffs in that style? if so how much?
__________________
ba xr6 Silhouette - that was then

bf mk2 F6 typhoon & GC8 wrx - this is now
blake_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney
 
FLOORED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SYDNEY
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_XR6
I probly will hit u up for a pair of rotors once I find out for sure what my rotors and brakes are. and yes my pads are the 7599 style. I dont think they are bendix's but that is the pad style. do you have ebc greenstuffs in that style? if so how much?
If that is the pad style then you have the correct calipers and the 325mm x 32mm rotors are what you need. I do not keep the EBC greenstuff in stock and i don't recommend the pads in heavy cars but can get them if needed.
__________________
MATTHEW PEARCE
RACE BRAKES SYDNEY = When you want it to stop

Phone 02 9609 1101

BENDIX NEW SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS AVAILABLE

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
blake_XR6
Regular Member
 
blake_XR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 425
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

what would you recomend? because I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but I do need something with good bite because i do par take in some very spirited driving on occasions and before I upgraded I did notice alot of fade in my brakes.
__________________
ba xr6 Silhouette - that was then

bf mk2 F6 typhoon & GC8 wrx - this is now
blake_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney
 
FLOORED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SYDNEY
Posts: 3,539
Default Re: 322mm front brake info please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_XR6
what would you recomend? because I dont want to spend an arm and a leg but I do need something with good bite because i do par take in some very spirited driving on occasions and before I upgraded I did notice alot of fade in my brakes.
The Bendix heavy duty pad should cover your spirited driving and these are about $80 a set. A better option but also dearer are the Ferodo DS Performance pads at $260 a set.
__________________
MATTHEW PEARCE
RACE BRAKES SYDNEY = When you want it to stop

Phone 02 9609 1101

BENDIX NEW SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS AVAILABLE

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL