Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #121
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

sorry to bring up an old thread but will the BA air ducts on the BA dash meet up with the AU outlets?
Old 15-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #122
4ford

From my view, I like the AU2 Fairmont interior much better than the BF Fairmont interior.

So much so that I tried to convince a Ford engineer at a car show recently, that all I really was looking for was a BF with a good interior, and maintained that an AU Fairmont interior fitted to a BF was a giant leap forward in presentation and comfort.

For instance, I can't even read the trip meter or distance to empty indications in the B series, whereas the AU Fairmont has a specific display for those things, and it's even big enough to read!

My AU2 has around 177Ks up, but I think I'll be keeping it for some time to come, if the FG is the best I can get as the current model!

Cheers, 4ford
4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #123
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrghiawagon
sorry to bring up an old thread but will the BA air ducts on the BA dash meet up with the AU outlets?
no, but the BA dash will sit over the AU heaterbox... you could quite easily make somthing to guide the air to the right duct.

i could still use the air when i had the ba dash, its just the most of the air came out the feet and a little on the windscreen (no matter what setting the heater controls were on)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ford
For instance, I can't even read the trip meter or distance to empty indications in the B series, whereas the AU Fairmont has a specific display for those things, and it's even big enough to read!

Cheers, 4ford
not much good when AU the trip display fades all the time :P, never seen a BA do that lol

Cheers Cam

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #124
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

hopefully i wont have any major problems apart from the air ducts.. and Cam.. excuse my lack of knowledge in au's, but where are the mounting points apart from the ones on the sides of the dash behind the covers?
Old 16-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #125
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrghiawagon
hopefully i wont have any major problems apart from the air ducts.. and Cam.. excuse my lack of knowledge in au's, but where are the mounting points apart from the ones on the sides of the dash behind the covers?
a few on top of the dash, you have to unscrew 2 screws i think and take of the long windscreen air ducts (unclips) and they are under that.

also one either side of the centre console near the firewall

hope that helps...

take photos

Cheers

Was

Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 16-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #126
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I gotta say that after owning a high series BF2 GT-P, and now an AU3 XR8 that I vastly prefer the XR mid level spec AU interiour over all the B interiours, bar the GT/GT-P seating..

The B series dashes are all basically the same boaring generic thing, bar the guages and waste of space ICC..
The plastics of the B dashes arent as nice as AU3 and I prefer the smooth finish of the AU plastics, especially on the door trims..
Most of all I hated the primitive, near useless ICC setup. I found that to be the single biggest restriction of that dash. Ment you couldnt put in an aftermarket sterio and do away with the ICC setup completely..
I know its personal prefrence, but I think the AU interiour wins hands down..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #127
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Cheers Cam

Pics will be in order
Old 16-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #128
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
I gotta say that after owning a high series BF2 GT-P, and now an AU3 XR8 that I vastly prefer the XR mid level spec AU interiour over all the B interiours, bar the GT/GT-P seating..

The B series dashes are all basically the same boaring generic thing, bar the guages and waste of space ICC..
The plastics of the B dashes arent as nice as AU3 and I prefer the smooth finish of the AU plastics, especially on the door trims..
Most of all I hated the primitive, near useless ICC setup. I found that to be the single biggest restriction of that dash. Ment you couldnt put in an aftermarket sterio and do away with the ICC setup completely..
I know its personal prefrence, but I think the AU interiour wins hands down..

agreed the plastics used in the AU are better, but the BA ICC is great, it make it more of a challenge to change things in it. i wanted to replace factory screen with a colour touch screen and connect a alpine user interface to it. would have cost under $500

Was

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Old 16-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #129
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourl6
agreed the plastics used in the AU are better, but the BA ICC is great, it make it more of a challenge to change things in it. i wanted to replace factory screen with a colour touch screen and connect a alpine user interface to it. would have cost under $500

agree aswell found the b's int to be very flimsy, tacky ford took a backward step there.

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
au11futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #130
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

hehehe... ITS IN!!! didn't need to change a lot of stuff (as in length of wiring or metal parts) apart from the BA center bottom mount and the bracket that loves trying to press into the heaterbox... angle grinder fixed both of those...

I'll be creating a build thread and possibly a thread on how to do the BA dash conversion... Depends on time really
Old 18-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #131
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Ok... all (dodgy) pictures are up on the AU's new build thread... refer to my signature below or under "AU Falcon.com Builds" Sub-forum..

Also I will be modifying the AU heaterbox to accept the BA/F style airvent outlets...

The ICC will be fiberglassed flat then the order of stuff from top to bottom will be

AU Clock
Vents
Tape/CD Player
Demister Headlight/gas switches
Airconditioner controls
Ash Tray (coins) Ciggie lighter (GPS

They will all be moulded in... This will work, this will work, this will work, this will work, this will work, this will work!!!!

edit: and Cam, did you find the BA dash sat towards the middle of the car a little more than the AU dash did?

Last edited by XRGhia; 18-12-2010 at 12:20 AM.
XRGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post