Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Talking A New Addition

Well as of today there is another Fiesta owner in the family.

It is now official, even though i have said it in another thread around here, my other half has bought a Silver LX Fiesta

She originally intended to get a nice Tonic one that we test drove on Thursday nite, then Friday morning, she rang the dealer to say that she wanted it, and then when we rocked up today to buy it someone else had already sold it on here.

Suffice to say we were not all that impressed with this, and were basically told up front that its bad luck as its already gone and there isnt another one available for her.

Told them again that this wasnt good enough and wanted to know what could be done.

Got a bit of extras for the trouble which was a good thing, got some scuff plates, they wouldnt shell out for the dashmat at all, but got the scuff plates and the lady that was talking about the paint protection etc made the mistake of mentioning that she would throw in the tint for free, so that kind of was a good thing as the g/f decided she wanted all the paint prot stuff cos they were throwing in the tint for free which was a nice mistake of the chiq

So in about a week or so she will have a nice new Moondust Fiesta.. not quite as good as the Tonic, but still pretty sweet

Chris
Old 12-02-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

far out. dont know if i would trust people at any dealer with the applying of the paint protection package but oh well worth a try

nice deal on the scuffs... if you dont want them ill gladly take them off your hands for say $100 ;) lol
you wont be dissapointed with the fiesta, although one word of advice.. if you start getting POOR throttle response and bad fuel eco go back and get them to reload the software.
congrats on the buy
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

yeah i will be onto anything that needs to be fixed... once its a bit run in will have to give it a bit of a blast

Thinking of getting some new rims on my car, might have to put the ST rims on the fiesta unless i get a better offer

Chris
Old 13-02-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

:P nugget on nuggetier rims ;) should look sweet
Old 13-02-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah that would look pretty sweet, a pair of high quality cars together. Lotsy let me take her Fiesta out for a spirited drive and the chassis is extremely well balanced, I was impressed.

Remember, as soon as they are available:

Tim!
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #6
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

picsorban
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:02 PM   #7
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Definately, pics will be there as soon as we go and pick it up, still in shrink wrap atm

Hoping for a next saturday pickup

Chris
Old 13-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #8
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher
picsorban
I really dont think you will be banning me here Cypher

Pity she didnt want the Ink Blue, would have been nice a couple of blue cars together

Chris
Old 13-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #9
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

You need different colours for contrast!!

Whatever day they first tell you are going to get the car, add three at least, and then you'll be less disappointed when it's a day or two after that date haha. As long as it's 100% before you take delivery to avoid those annoying returns.

Exciting stuff first member in the club to have two Euro Fords in it? Or should I induct our family Capri Blue Focus now to beat the rush...

Tim
Old 13-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #10
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yeah that is true, might mean i will have to wash/clean the car up a bit hehe

Yep i think it will be the first with 2 fords ... nah you dont want to do that lol

Will be taking the camera with me when we pick it up and snapping anything that doesnt look right to me

Chris

Last edited by fordel; 13-02-2005 at 06:38 PM.
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:46 PM   #11
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congrats chris... better post some pics when you get it! :P
Old 17-02-2005, 05:39 PM   #12
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Well the annoyance continues, now apparently we cant pick the car up on Saturday as it is their busiest day and they dont let people pick cars up on this day... i think this is a pretty poor excuse and a pretty poor example of customer service from this place, the g/f says she wont be recommending them to anyone now.

Now she has to take time off work early tomorrow so we can go and pick it up...

Very Annoying

Chris
Old 17-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #13
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Well this was the case with me as well with my focus. I was at uni Mon-Fri work Sat so i couldnt pick it up. My dad n me are the only people in my family that has a manual licence, and seing as i couldnt, he would have to go on Sat.
My parents got told the exact same thing.
Just nag nag nag, mention its the only day you can make it and even say that you want to surprise someone (which i was when i came home from work, wasnt expecting the car till later) and even mention you'll come another day so that they could point out the features of the car just so that you can drive off with the bloody car ASAP...

Tom

Last edited by chevaps; 17-02-2005 at 07:08 PM.
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #14
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

yes we are less then impressed, i am really thinking the car isnt even going to be ready tomorrow arvo, and if its not, there will be hell.

Chris
Old 17-02-2005, 09:01 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Gosh.... ford really have to lift up their game... i had the same issues with my dealer. Promised a car within 2 weeks, then told it wouldnt be here for another month. After some arguing we the car was on order for 2 weeks. When told to pick it up, we turned up confused as to which car was ours, as none on the lot looked like the car we ordered. Funnily enough, there were no euro plates, no tints, no 16" optional alloys... just the alarm we ordered. Damn were they embarrased... STUFFED UP big time!
Will i recommend a Ford to a friend? hell yea... will i recommend my dealer... definetly not... THENNNN i found out that another ford dealer im taking my car to doesnt put the recommended by the Ford Manual Oil... cause apparently the "recommended" oil is for european conditions..... not happy
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #16
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Thats a pretty poor effort, we have had two issues already in 1 week with this dealer, lets hope there are no others, so we will have a nice brand new car this time tomorrow nite

Chris
Old 17-02-2005, 11:49 PM   #17
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

It's not just Ford though, it's pretty typical across a few manufacturers I have dealt with lately.

I know it sucks and they could do it better, but I always add a week onto their date and be patient, it just saves all the stress when it's not done, and you'd gotten your hopes up.

Everybody relax, you're getting a new car, don't stress it...

After you've spent 4 months with your car at Ford getting fixed with no progress, then come and talk to me about stress and cars...! Heh.

Tim
Old 17-02-2005, 11:53 PM   #18
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

lol Tim !

well they will be hearing about it as they told us Friday, and then denied us coming a day later. and have screwed us about with actually getting the car.. so it will be interesting tomorrow nite

Chris
Old 18-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #19
whippet_zetec
Supes

you know I had no problems at all in picking up my Zetec from my Ford Dealer, signed up on the Sunday....got finance sorted, said to the Dealer I want to pick up the car on Thursday afternoon,....went on the Thursday and there she was ready to go, signed the paperwork, they swapped my plates for me, asked if I needed any help in explaining the controls (I said nope she's good)....got in and drove away.

only issue I have had is blowing up my clutch @ 4,000km.....was not too impressed with that and got a little shafted when I took the car back to get fixed and they reckoned they couldnt give me a courtesy car but eventually Ford Australia in Melbourne came though with a hire car from Hertz.
Old 18-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #20
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

well once we got there we had no problems, 35 mins later we were out of there

all went really smoothly actually

Chris
Old 19-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #21
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

mine went kinda smoothly, got delayed a few days.
slightly problem with the paint, there was a long surface scratch on the bonnet which was only visible when you stick ur face on the paint :P
and at the rear lights up the top there was paint missing, almost asthough it was scratched off when the lights were installed :S
small things that can be fixed though.
i drove out of there with only half a tank, cheap bastards should give you a full tank in my opinion.
went home and started to chop up my air intake
Old 22-02-2005, 12:40 AM   #22
WASACL
Phat-Euro

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PLEASE!!!

Russ
Old 22-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #23
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

anyone got pics?
Old 22-02-2005, 03:48 PM   #24
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres some pics that were posted a couple days ago :P
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=3875
http://www.eurofordclub.com/details.php?m=31
Old 23-02-2005, 12:11 AM   #25
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Cheers ben

Saves me having to post them up

But yes they are the pics

Even the hubcaps are differnet to the other Fiestas in the club

Chris
Old 23-02-2005, 05:27 PM   #26
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

yeah i realised that the other day when i saw the pics!! nice car ;)