Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default When will the engine open up?

Ok well I guess this may be a stupid question, much like what to do when breaking an engine in, as there will be many different answers. Since selling my WP Zetec and getting a rep car, I'm constantly thinking my WS Fiesta is guttless. My older WP had real balls above 3000rpm for such a little engine, and while it was harsh and rough, it loved to revv. My WS just seems to be torqueless and I feel disconnected to the engine, it starts to come alive at 4500rpm but by 5500rpm it's all over red rover. I've got a WS Zetec manual with 4000km. Am I just an idiot and need to wait till the engine opens up, am I spoiled by the companys FG Falcon or is the Fiesta just gutless?

I love my Fez, but I'm always thinking the car is driving me and I'm not driving it, like I'm disconnected to it? The engine is unresponsive, the steering light, ride is so smooth and it's all so refined? The WP just felt so connected to the road, my tips of my fingers could feel every bit of the car, road and the dynamics were mind blowing. I feel like an idiot for saying all this, but I'm not sure how to feel about the car?

dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post