Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
crispymk2

Unhappy Engine warning light on

Well now I'm convinced that the Ford service guys are retarded...

Last Wed the fez was taken to get a spluttering problem checked, the car would stutter and lose power every now and then. This was blamed on dodgy fuel after a lap around the block by the mechanic and we were sent on our way and told to top up with some fresh premium (which i always use).

On thursday the problem is still there and on the way home from uni the engine light comes on... Dropped of at Ford 8am next morning and told them i need it back before 3pm... get a call at 3:45 (15mins before i start work) and told it's ready. The explanation for the fault was that the "oxygen sensor connector to the PCM was loose" and they had "re-tensioned the pins and its all working fine"

Next day, problem is worse than before they checked it and the engine light comes back on again... not happy. Have to fill the Cortina (20 litres per 100km's) with more liquid gold and use that all weekend before dropping the Fez off on Monday morning.

3pm Monday, they have fixed the fault (for sure this time). So their explanation this time is that "Ford have a technical bulletin out on this model and the first step they did on Friday usually fixes it in 99% of cases, but some like ours require a full system reset" blah blah...

Obviously the first step is the cheapest for them and meanwhile we are put out cause they **** around and bull**** on about fixing the problem when they know for a fact that we might have to come back...

I would have been happier if they had just said in the first place that this is a known fault and this step should fix it, if not we can do a full reset and that will sort it out... then I wouldnt spend all weekend stressing that the $18,000 car i just brought is stuffed.

Old 29-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
FlaminFiesta

you gotta love ford service,

its shocking the service that you get from of these peopL!!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's unfortunate. Well, that's what happen if you thrash your Fez.

J/k, man. I hope everything will be fixed soon!
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #4
crispymk2

Seems ok so far <*touches wood*>

but shouldn't need to go back three times when there is already a service bulletin out about the problem... Just glad i haven got a K&N Apollo kit yet cause they would probably try and blame it on that...
Old 29-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

I've gone from Ford dealer to Ford dealer around my area in the search of good service and have not had much luck.

Until one day I decided to take it round the corner to Strapp Ford Doncaster (I'd never really thought of it as its a relatively small and old looking Dealership). Well, they are a FANTASTIC Service Department, with great service and I'm very happy with them. My car has been there for services and warranty issues, and They havent missed a beat as yet.

Any Fords in future I buy will be bought from there hands down. Great dealer. Great Service Department
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #6
Mezetec
Blue Bunny

this sounds all too familiar to me.
i have had the same problems with the engine light and sputter problems where the revs jump up and down and i have to turn the car off then turn back on. i have also taken my car to a few ford dealerships Ford @ Bankstown & Jubille @ Five dock. Niether could fix the problem after numerous visits so i gave up- i just put up with it. Oh and jubilee gave my car back with a dent in the bonet which they still havent fixed! and tried to blame it on me!
Cant say id but a Ford again...
Mezetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
amlohac

The typical "oh you have only spent $18,000 with us, we have a $60k FPV out the back we have to prep so.... you can wait cos you suck"

Wicked bad luck on your part though, fingers crossed dude.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #8
JD2004

ive had problems with 2 ford dealers (wont name them ) in the ringwood and vermont areas(Vic).. theft of items left in vehicle whilst in for service.. i wont be going back to them again nor will i be recomending them to anyone for a future service or buying a new car.. thats my 2c worth on dodgy dealers.

Luke
Old 29-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #9
Sonia

With my other halfs BA problems, all we every got in return from Ford and CRC was 'We were not able to replicate the problem' or 'It's a characteristic of the car' or 'It's within tolerance'. So let me tell you, the service staff are actually trained to use these 3 phrases over and over again so that hopefully they will be able to string the problem out until you are out of your warranty and have to cough up the dosh.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

WOW, I'm really surprised with these comments.

You think you've had bad luck. Renault are trained to reply with "Whilst I understand what you are saying Sir..." They obviously didn't!

Anyway, I miss the service I had with my Ford. Dropping it off for a service, I was in and out within 2 minutes. They fixed a few things I had go wrong, and a few warranty repairs too. Service was always good, they remembered my name... and they were always helpful. I didn't purchase the car from them (Jubilee Ford) as I didn't like the sales men there (well, the guy that approached me back in 2004), but after the after-sales service from City Ford Rockdale, I began servicing at Jubilee. I've now gotten to know a few of the guys in the new car sales (one guy that I see ALL the time out in Kings Cross - he actually picked me out too). All really nice guys... had a few lengthy conversations with them. They were even happy to show me an XR5T in grey which was out the back (about 1 month after they were released).

Hope your troubles are sorted quickly!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 02:40 AM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2004
ive had problems with 2 ford dealers (wont name them ) in the ringwood and vermont areas(Vic).. theft of items left in vehicle whilst in for service.. i wont be going back to them again nor will i be recomending them to anyone for a future service or buying a new car.. thats my 2c worth on dodgy dealers.

Luke
Phuc em! That rude Scottish ***** at Etheridge Ford in Ringwood had the gall to tell me that the spluttering idle was MY fault becasue I took it to Ultra Tune to get serviced. When I challenged him by saying his services were $100 more, he told me that wasn't the case and looked it up on the computer, only to realise that his services in fact WERE more than UT...

He didn't even know how much scheduled servicing was. Shows a lot about them! Anyways, so I took it to Strapp Ford in Doncaster some weeks later and drove out that afternoon with new spark plugs and no spluttering idle....

I also get my scheduled servicing done by them now too. AND thy're cheaper than etheridge..
Old 30-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i have to say that Ford Camden and also Ford Narrellan are absolutely HOPELLESS...... never ever go to them for anything unless you have a 90k car... they will treat you like crap and like you own nothing worth keeping. although campbelltown Ford are a bit retarded there are someppl who do have a clue... i went there b4 for a service(15k) and they guy there was awesum... really helped me out, answered everything.... i went there the other day also.... and the same guy was there..as soon as i walked in he said hi how are you and even remembered my name....asked me how the fez was and how things have been...

if i need anything from ford i always go back to that one guy... he even commented on how the stripes look really nice... its good to have some one that you can go back to and know that there not just ********* around with your car....any way.... through him im managing to get 17"mp3 rims and toyo tyres at trade price. and also matts and gear knob and scuf plates cheaper.... kool bananas...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #13
JD2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Phuc em! That rude Scottish ***** at Etheridge Ford in Ringwood had the gall to tell me that the spluttering idle was MY fault becasue I took it to Ultra Tune to get serviced. When I challenged him by saying his services were $100 more, he told me that wasn't the case and looked it up on the computer, only to realise that his services in fact WERE more than UT...

He didn't even know how much scheduled servicing was. Shows a lot about them! Anyways, so I took it to Strapp Ford in Doncaster some weeks later and drove out that afternoon with new spark plugs and no spluttering idle....

I also get my scheduled servicing done by them now too. AND thy're cheaper than etheridge..

Dont get me started on them... it will end in a legal battle... lol
Old 30-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #14
timmyTTjr
Come On Arsenal

Quote:

Danny, can you give me a bit more information about your spluttering idle? I dont know if I would consider my idle spluttering but it certainly is not smooth. I just thought this was normal and I should get used to it... can anyone else let me know what their idle is like? Do you recommend new spark plugs to try and resolve the issue?
timmyTTjr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #15
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlohac
The typical "oh you have only spent $18,000 with us, we have a $60k FPV out the back we have to prep so.... you can wait cos you suck"

Wicked bad luck on your part though, fingers crossed dude.
Fraid not. I once had a brand new Tickford T3 TE50. $72,000+. Only 300 odd made. The most expensive Ford car (after mustang) you could buy at the time

Was never treated as anything special. Had to wait 18 months on a fuel pump issue: "the engineers are looking into it"
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #16
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Ditto the rough idle here too. I'm going to try changing to some good oil, see if that helps. Supposed to have platinum plugs as standard.
Old 31-08-2006, 12:55 AM   #17
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyTTjr
Danny, can you give me a bit more information about your spluttering idle? I dont know if I would consider my idle spluttering but it certainly is not smooth. I just thought this was normal and I should get used to it... can anyone else let me know what their idle is like? Do you recommend new spark plugs to try and resolve the issue?
Yeah, apparently its a common probelm with Fiesta's and It's been doing it since new.

Mine was actually a miss in the idle (A seperate problem) and engine and WAS simply worn plugs that had worn before their scheduled replacement.

However, the idle has never been smooth. I constantly (even with new plugs) experience a little roughness intermittently and the tacho needle rises and falls about a millimetre each way during the roughness. Its been back a few times, and i hear that a Technical Service Bulletin on the matter states that its common and a frequent problem (even in Fiesta's around the world). And that dealers are to update and reset PCM's when a customer comes in with the complaint. Mines been updated and reset 3 times now, and It continues.

Apparently its something to do with the positioning of the sparkplugs in the centre of the cams where condensation and water can build up on them. Thats what I have heard anyways.
Old 31-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Fraid not. I once had a brand new Tickford T3 TE50. $72,000+. Only 300 odd made. The most expensive Ford car (after mustang) you could buy at the time

Was never treated as anything special. Had to wait 18 months on a fuel pump issue: "the engineers are looking into it"
Ouch - My mother's boss had one of these. Traded it in 1.5 years later for $25k :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 31-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #19
'68 CortyMan
Starter Motor

this is when u pull out the Gregory's handbook and fix it urself. Can't trust anyone with ur baby except urself. On top of that they probably took it for a 8000 rev joy ride to "make sure the problem is fixed" (to see if the fixed problem didnt arise again whilst they took it sideways round the corners).
'68 CortyMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #20
JD2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68 CortyMan
this is when u pull out the Gregory's handbook and fix it urself. Can't trust anyone with ur baby except urself. On top of that they probably took it for a 8000 rev joy ride to "make sure the problem is fixed" (to see if the fixed problem didnt arise again whilst they took it sideways round the corners).
just a small issue with your post..

Try pushing the fez to 8k and it doesnt happen.. mine starts to bounce at 6900. skips off redline. trust me it almost happens everyday

Mine has a small idle issue aswell but i havent been too concerned with it.. it also dies (well not kills the engine but it burys itself) when taking off sometimes.. the revs are high enough.. dont plant the clutch too hard.. and all of a sudden vroom vroom burrrrrrrrrr... its real bad sometimes.. happens rarely but it still happens.. drives me nuts if i need to take off well.. i.e from stopped to 80kmh traffic.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #21
'68 CortyMan
Starter Motor

sorry was just figure of speech to emphasise a point

but yeh when i had the 1600 in mine i started getting problems on the freeway where it would start to starve of fuel even with a full tank and eventually roll to a stop.
'68 CortyMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #22
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I was redlining the other day and the car just cut out. i was going round a corner and didnt have too much fuel.

Maybe the incredible amount of g forces pushed the fuel to a part of the tank where the fuel pump couldnt get it, or whatever lol.

I was rolling along thinking WTF the steering is god damn heavy and the ***** isnt revving ! turned it back on and kept redlining hahaha
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #23
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
I was redlining the other day and the car just cut out. i was going round a corner and didnt have too much fuel.

Maybe the incredible amount of g forces pushed the fuel to a part of the tank where the fuel pump couldnt get it, or whatever lol.

I was rolling along thinking WTF the steering is god damn heavy and the ***** isnt revving ! turned it back on and kept redlining hahaha
Ahhhh Mechanical Empathy at its finest!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:17 AM   #24
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Dont lecture me with that garbage :P

I love my car. I care for it too.

Warm it up before i drive it. drive it calmly for first 10 mins to let everything warm up. Oil and oil filter change every 3 thousand kms with shell helix ultra and FoMoCo oil filter.

But on this occasion, i was chasing a 206 GTI and i didnt NOT want him to get away.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 02-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #25
Danny
GT4.

He Probably still did though....
Old 02-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
He Probably still did though....
:

Old 03-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #27
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

3rd gear is pretty even actually mr smart ***

Loads of fun :
Old 03-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #28
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

So he lost about 2 seconds after 100km/h? He should have minced you... rolling or from standing :P

Old 03-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #29
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

ahh i drove a 206 gti the other day. Good luck mate!!! No way you'll even get close to him, sorry. Those bastards pull pretty hard.
Anyway I reckon you should never be scared of naming the places that give bad service. Ethridge are barstards!!! Knox ford Suck.. But when I need my warranty work done I don't have much choice. I just stress that I will not expect anything but their best. I used to work at New oak ford years ago I still know the guys there and they look after me. Every time I go there I give em a list and they actually do everything, or at least have a go.. But ford service is ford service. I recomend finding a good smaller mechanical workshop that take pride in their work and are accredited by the state body ( like vacc) their reputations should preceed them and the service is allways more personalized.-
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #30
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Engine warning

''Even'' as in, he was infront obviously. but once in third gear he wasnt gaining at all. we went into fourth gear too but backed off. getting a little silly.

but yes the gti was infront, seems like a very nimble little car.

And i cant believe there is a GTI above it ! the 180 !!!! now that would be very quick

But just they wait... untill i get MY GTI !!!!!!!!!!! vw :

pretty sure polo would be head to head with the gti... but behind the 180.

But how much more potential does the polo have alot more... flash tune it and air filter. munch munch 180 for lunch

Loads of fun :