Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
joshf2
striped

Default useless fact?

ive noticed if you have the windscreen wipers on, and you engage reverse, the rear wiper starts by itself.

clever lil ИИИИer innit

joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
ive noticed if you have the windscreen wipers on, and you engage reverse, the rear wiper starts by itself.

clever lil ИИИИer innit
I agree totally :hihi:

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
Danny
GT4.

Really? Cool.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Noticed it the day i got it as it was ИИИИing down with rain. Uz got ze love de german engineers
Old 16-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #5
joshf2
striped

another useless fact

the fiesta is nearly one of the biggest small cars on the market, at a whopping 4m long.

in its catergory, the echo and the ignis are both 3.6m, the barina is 3.8m, and the corolla at 4.1m, although its really grown into the mid-sized car market.

incidently, the mazda2 is also 4m long.
Old 17-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Useless facts

Quote:
incidently, the mazda2 is also 4m long.
Apparently the mazda has basically the same chassis.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
Steve D
Irregular Member

Quote:

clever lil ИИИИer innit
Gee, just like a Falcon wagon! (from EA onwards, I think!) :
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
FlaminFiesta

thats cool i wondered why it did that i was alwys playing with my wipers ahh such a tool i am lol
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #9
0xyg3n

I have a useless fact for you all. South Africa get the Fiesta ST and we still dont :(. They get it in weird colours as well like tonic.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #10
FlaminFiesta

Thats ИИИИing ИИИИed ИИИИing hell!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
Stampy

WOW you are all very boring people arn't you ,have you nothing to do
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #12
joshf2
striped

could almost be as bad as replying to a thread stating about having nothing to do
Old 18-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:

clever lil ИИИИer innit
Yea, but do they switch off when you go foward?// :
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #14
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella
Yea, but do they switch off when you go foward?// :

Yeah they do, if don't pretty stupid don't you think?
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #15
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D
Gee, just like a Falcon wagon! (from EA onwards, I think!) :
That's correct and probably done before the focus too
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 01:16 AM   #16
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampy
WOW you are all very boring people arn't you ,have you nothing to do
Well there's really not as much activity in the Fiesta forums as there is in the others, and its due to us not having all that many members yet (Fiesta has not been out for all that long), and most people who drive them aren't "Enthusiast" enough to join a forum anyway. So understandable really.....
Old 19-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #17
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I love how you can adjust the frequency of the intermittant wipers, turn them on....turn them off.... wait for as long as you want the gap to be..... then switch them on again. Thats not just clever thats bordering on sneaky.

Old 19-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
I love how you can adjust the frequency of the intermittant wipers, turn them on....turn them off.... wait for as long as you want the gap to be..... then switch them on again. Thats not just clever thats bordering on sneaky.
Damn, beat me too it! Been on holidays so i havent seen the thread....

Well, i find that rear wiper ANNOYING. When the car is moving... the rear hatch has hardly any water, but alot of dust. Engage reverse to park, and all of a sudden the rear window starts to look dirty with one clean patch and the dirty sides. Its a good idea, but for my purpose (keeping the car as clean as possible) it gets annoying.

Oh, did you all also know you can program the door to open the drivers door once, and then the other doors on the second press of the unlock button?
Just dont forget to unlock it twice when you have passengers... otherwise your car looks cheap because the passenger goes to open the door and gets rejected, making a loud noise as the handle hits the car again as it hasnt opened the door.... and the people in cafes look and go "ha, still doesnt have central locking!"

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 01:16 AM   #19
na01

Is it just coincident that I've tried on two different occasions starting the car whilst standing outside of the car with door open but wouldn't start? Is there something to prevent the car starting?
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by na01
Is it just coincident that I've tried on two different occasions starting the car whilst standing outside of the car with door open but wouldn't start? Is there something to prevent the car starting?
Not that i know of.... mine seems to start when im outside it and hanging inside. (not sure if yours is auto, but if its Manual, do NOT make the mistake of having it in gear. Say bye to your feet...). But yes, mine does start with the door open.

What i found to be a pain and i guess a little niggle with the central locking... if you lock the door once INSIDE the car, it locks the rear hatch. So, to open the rear hatch you cannot just press the button... it wont do anything. You have to unlock the WHOLE car, and the rear hatch. Not a good idea when your in a dark area, or in a position where you would only like the drivers door open. I guess we are lucky the car is not wide and you can reach over and lock it manually. Bah, i guess im just screaming for a pressure pad on the rear hatch! haha

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 20-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #21
Steve D
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Oh, did you all also know you can program the door to open the drivers door once, and then the other doors on the second press of the unlock button?
Just dont forget to unlock it twice when you have passengers... otherwise your car looks cheap because the passenger goes to open the door and gets rejected, making a loud noise as the handle hits the car again as it hasnt opened the door.... and the people in cafes look and go "ha, still doesnt have central locking!"
Once again, all Falcons (and Territories) have that that too, although only since AUII (with the StarTrek-style remote key). To switch between single-stage unlock and tow-stage you hold down both the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for three seconds, when the indicators will flash to indicate the setting has changed. Each remote key has to be done individually, but it means, say, a husband and wife can have opposite settings on their remotes. Is the same method used on the Fiesta?

I used to have a KE (bubbleback) Laser. If I was driving over 40 km/h, then nothing got on the rear windscreen, whether rain or dust, so it used to never be any more dirty than the rest of the car. :nutsycuck The rear windows of lots of other vehicles seem to collect heaps of dust, and rain in wet conditions, even at faster speeds, so it must be something to do with the angle of the rear windscreen and perhaps other aerodynamic factors... Gonna wait and see how bad itis when I get the Terri, and possibly fit the wind deflector later.
*** Wheels magazine COTY 1996 ***
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #22
0xyg3n

Quote:
Once again, all Falcons (and Territories) have that that too, although only since AUII (with the StarTrek-style remote key). To switch between single-stage unlock and tow-stage you hold down both the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for three seconds, when the indicators will flash to indicate the setting has changed. Each remote key has to be done individually, but it means, say, a husband and wife can have opposite settings on their remotes. Is the same method used on the Fiesta?

I used to have a KE (bubbleback) Laser. If I was driving over 40 km/h, then nothing got on the rear windscreen, whether rain or dust, so it used to never be any more dirty than the rest of the car. :nutsycuck The rear windows of lots of other vehicles seem to collect heaps of dust, and rain in wet conditions, even at faster speeds, so it must be something to do with the angle of the rear windscreen and perhaps other aerodynamic factors... Gonna wait and see how bad itis when I get the Terri, and possibly fit the wind deflector later.

dad's 97 mondeo does the dual stage unlock. If any of you guys read the owners manual you would know all this stuff like the rear wiper.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:

That's great that the Falcons have this feature... i was just letting people know the Fiesta does also.

Um... every hatch i know of has dust on the rear hatch. The NEWER cars have more so, as most new cars aim at having a long wheelbase (bigger interior) meaning the tyres end up being on each corner of the car. This also means that when on a highway at high speeds in wet weather, the tyres pic up the water and spray it out the back (meaning you get small water particles - spray like - on the rear of the car)... whereas on the older cars, which had the wheels set furthur into the car, the water would disperse under the bumper (hence getting that sort of rally look on the bottom of the bumper).

Old 20-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #24
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:

What i found to be a pain and i guess a little niggle with the central locking... if you lock the door once INSIDE the car, it locks the rear hatch. So, to open the rear hatch you cannot just press the button... it wont do anything. You have to unlock the WHOLE car, and the rear hatch. Not a good idea when your in a dark area, or in a position where you would only like the drivers door open. I guess we are lucky the car is not wide and you can reach over and lock it manually. Bah, i guess im just screaming for a pressure pad on the rear hatch! haha
Thats so thieves can't poke a stiff bit of wire through the door seal and press the button, breaking in without smashing a window, you can still use the remote though.

Old 21-01-2006, 01:19 AM   #25
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Thats so thieves can't poke a stiff bit of wire through the door seal and press the button, breaking in without smashing a window, you can still use the remote though.
Ok, Rephrase that... When the car is on, and the doors are locked via the drivers door, you cannot press the boot release WITHOUT unlocking the whole car. I do understand what you mean, but i think this feature should be disabled when inside the car and it is on....

Old 31-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #26
Nappa
Impressive...

Have u noticed a speed variable stereo, the faster you go the louder it gets to compincate for the fiesta rather throaty engine.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #27
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
Have u noticed a speed variable stereo, the faster you go the louder it gets to compincate for the fiesta rather throaty engine.
Freaked me out when I first got the car : .... first thing I had to turn off.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #28
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Reverse needs to be engaged 3 seconds after the clutch has been pressed - so says the manual

Old 01-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #29
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Reverse needs to be engaged 3 seconds after the clutch has been pressed - so says the manual
Really? I haven't read that part. Maybe that's why the bastard crunches all the time.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #30
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Really? I haven't read that part. Maybe that's why the bastard crunches all the time.
Haha, it also states that if you don't, you may hear a "shifting noise" - Also make sure the car is stationery