Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #31
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for sharing your info fella. Definitely post up more info if you can find it. Did you order an auto or manual Fiesta? Just curious as there is no mention of a 1.6L manual anywhere, although it could be available for export markets only. The German built model is built very well, and doesn't miss out on too much of the rumored specs.
Old 24-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #32
Ignoramus
Starter Motor

Well as my original decision was based on the Euro spec, I requested it in a manual. When I was told that it would be the Thai model, like you, I found that there was no mention of a 1.6L in manual on the Thai Ford site with the only manual being the 1.4L. However I was told by both my fleet company as well as the Ford business centre, that there would still be a 1.6L manual.

I agree that there seem to be no major differences between the cars, but I guess the carpet on the rear seats is a nice touch. Another thing that I thought was nifty is the under seat storage space, although I don't know if the existing models already have it or not.
Ignoramus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #33
Ignoramus
Starter Motor

Here are extracts of the emails I received about 2 weeks ago

Quote:
This email is in regards to your new vehicle order, in which you have requested a Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.6L Hatch Manual, in the colour "Vision"

Ford have advised there will be major colour changes to the Fiesta model, prior to the build of your vehicle.

Excerpt From Ford Email

Fiesta will no longer be sourced from Europe but from Thailand. As such, the colours available have changed.

Unfortunately I have nothing to go by in order to advise how similar the colours will be or what they look like.

You will need to select a new Fiesta colour from the listing as per below

Colour / Paint / Trims / Trims

Cool White / Solid / Grey / Blue
True Red / Solid / Grey / Grey
Highlight Silver / Metallic / Grey / Blue
Aurora Blue / Metallic / Grey / Blue
Phantom Purple / Metallic / Grey / Grey
Phantom Blue / Metallic / Grey / Grey
Chilli Orange / Metallic / Grey / Grey
Black Mica / Metallic / Grey / Grey
Metropolitan Grey / Metallic / Grey / Blue

Ford Aust at this time, advise they DO NOT have colour swatches

You can keep a check on the Ford Fiesta website and once Ford releases the colours on their website, if you wish to select another colour, you can request a colour change. Your request would be sent to Ford, in which approval of the colour change will be dependant on the manufacturers specs "lock-in" timeframe
Quote:
The code sheet supplied from Ford indicates the Manual and Automatic will be 1.6Litre

SERIES CL LX Zetec
1.6 Litre Ti-VCT Sigma with IB5 Manual Transmission
1.6 Litre Ti-VCT Sigma with DPS6 Automatic Transmission
1.6 Litre DV6 Diesel with IB5 Manual Transmission
Ignoramus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #34
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There you go. Thanks for your post fella, very helpful! Our models appear the same, but how's that, they want you to choose a colour you've never seen! What a joke!

I wonder if Thailand will make the ECOnetic too?
Old 25-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #35
ferrari458
Starter Motor

So finally the 1.6l engine with double clutch gearbox will be available in Australia?! It's about time!
ferrari458 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #36
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just noticed, I guess no more Soho interior trim. I love the Soho in mine. Can't say vie ever really looked at the blue interior, with the red lighting it'd look a bit off?
Old 25-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #37
GEZZA ZETEC

Weres the lime green squeeze??
GEZZA ZETEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post