Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #31
cosworthpower
Starter Motor

Hey, the Jazz is very cool, it has the CVT '7 speed' gearbox and has the sequential shift on the steering wheel. There's a huge following of enthusiasts in Asia and the Jazz is about to be released in the USA.

Yeah, we've had 2 Hondas before and know of four others that are owned by close friends. I used to own an EF7 CRX and absolutely hammered cr*p outta the engine and was one of the first to install NOS in a Honda in Australia over 11 years ago. When it was sold with over 130,000 kms it was still going strong. The only issues I had was it kept on killing oxygen sensors (damn NOS!) and the NOS blew the electronic ignition module (what happens when you hit the giggle gas with 100 hp jets...went to 50hp soon after..!)

My best friend has had 3 Civics and my mechanic has built a 600 hp S2000 (rebuilt internals though)

Dont get me wrong, I do really like the Fiesta, (and I own a Euro Ford myself) ...it has fantastic styling and features but having owned a Euro daily driver and after giving a zetec Focus 'sprited' driving for a month, my head says Honda.
cosworthpower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 11:47 PM   #32
na01

Congrats on your purchase cosworthpower!
I actually considered Jazz my self but I read more good reviews on the net on fiesta than I did with Jazz so I went with Fiesta. I didn't even test drive lol
Anyways from the buying experience I had from the dealer I would never go back nor recommend my mates there. I feel sorry for the minority of good honest dealers but with horrific stories you read here in this forum with Ford's service I don't know if I will go Ford for my next car... haha thats a different story.
Anyways hope you enjoy your car!
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #33
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea, if you call CVT cool.... go with it! My dads is also CVT..... had quite a few issues with it. Best stick to manual! Now, tell me... how do you go from a modded CRX to a CVT Jazz? Did you test drive a Fiesta?

I guess congrats on the purchase though... i was supprised with the folding rear seats forming a HUGE load area. But the style of the thing put me off.... mini MPV. Fiesta to me is the only real small hatch at the moment.... Even a barina looks too skinny and tall.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #34
GROOV3
Rollin

new civic coming out looks like utter to
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 01:20 AM   #35
cosworthpower
Starter Motor

Teki04: I was not inferring that we went from a modded CRX to a CVT Jazz, just reflecting my first hand experience of the brand.

I didn't test drive the Fiesta and I guess part of the decison of choosing the Honda was the woeful experience I had with a Focus. I do have an occupation where we do push cars to their limit on the street (ppl may have guessed what I do for a living!) and I have to say it was really wanting in engine performance and chasis dynamics, let alone small issues of plastic parts falling off and small servicable items failing.

Space was also an issue, so the Jazz also won on that account.

I think the Fiesta has great tuning potential, but as a stock standard car, it think personally it has to prove itself over the long run in Australian conditions.

Please dont see me as anti-Fez but for a retired couple, an auto Jazz in perfect condition and fantastic price (VTI-S - $18,500 with 14,500kms with factory warranty) was the logical choice for OUR situation.
Old 20-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #36
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Wait, your retired? :S

Im confused as to the wanting in engine performance and chassis... are you talking about the Fiesta? Cause... it has class leading chassis dynamics and handling.

But i agree with you.... it has to prove itself. It has proved itself to me though. I love it. Still get asked what it has under the bonnet (more because im up their **** the whole way around the corner!).

But yea, i understand about the Jazz. Reliability seems great, and they dont look TOO bad from a distance. I just dont like the rear much.... and that it feels like my Mothers Honda Odyssey to me. But sure, i see its merits. VTEC is sweet, the cabin feels great, if abit too funky and not classy for me. But hey, a Honda is a Honda. It impresses, but to me i would have been over it fast.

Good luck with the Jazz though! Was it a new one btw? Like the updated model with the cooler front lights?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 21-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #37
Danny
GT4.

Ohhh cosworthpower, If your retired then a Jazz suits better than a Fez. I agree.

Fiesta is a young peoples car :P hehehe
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #38
cosworthpower
Starter Motor

no no no my parents are retired.. i just wish i was!!!!

Teki04: I was talking about my experiences with a Focus, but it may be unfounded as both the Focus and Fiesta are made from two different factories. I tend to think that many Hondas tend to feel the same on the road and pehaps was just generalising within brands.
Old 21-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworthpower
no no no my parents are retired.. i just wish i was!!!!

Teki04: I was talking about my experiences with a Focus, but it may be unfounded as both the Focus and Fiesta are made from two different factories. I tend to think that many Hondas tend to feel the same on the road and pehaps was just generalising within brands.
Haha.... retirement is approaching for my parents.... both have Hondas. Maybe this is something about the way they drive......

I must admit though, i like Honda.... cant wait for the new Legend! Finally some good products are coming from Honda! But yea, the Jazz is a great car to just do you run about etc... I guess we all have different requirements. Mine was for a mild hot hatch... and i now have that

Old 30-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #40
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Default Just for the hell of it....

I bought my wife a fiesta LX last month. 3 door hatch. We drove it away for $16.800. Thats with air, tint, mud spats, mats, and a dash mat..... They are a great little car. A bit like driving a go cart.... At this stage of the year, I reckon that you could do even better if ya haggle.

Cheers, Brian.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 03:15 PM   #41
Arv
Starter Motor

what was wrong with the Focus?
Arv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post