Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 13-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Paxton
Cobblers!

Default EF XR6 ABS Rotors and Pads

Hi,

The Discs on my EF are warped yet again, and I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I've had them machined more times than I can count, and it is starting to really annoy me, so, instead of getting the Discs machined, I'm just about ready to get some Rotors, and install them myself, with new pads.

Currently, the car has Slotted and Drilled Rotors on it, but I have no idea of the brand - but they seem soft, especially compared to the Territory and AU that I had before the EF. I don't think I've been happy with the performance of the Rotors and Pads, but this may be due to age, more than anything else. I've had the car three years, and the Discs came with it.

What can you recommend for the Falcon? I know this isn't a whiz bang FG GT or anything, but I like putting my foot down, and having confidence that the car will stop. Quite obviously, the car has ABS, so I need a kit that is compatible with the ABS System. Most of my driving is done with rural and urban roads. I spend a lot of time on the freeway, but the car does as much time in suburbia.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Paxton.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Hi,

The Discs on my EF are warped yet again, and I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I've had them machined more times than I can count, and it is starting to really annoy me, so, instead of getting the Discs machined, I'm just about ready to get some Rotors, and install them myself, with new pads.

Currently, the car has Slotted and Drilled Rotors on it, but I have no idea of the brand - but they seem soft, especially compared to the Territory and AU that I had before the EF. I don't think I've been happy with the performance of the Rotors and Pads, but this may be due to age, more than anything else. I've had the car three years, and the Discs came with it.

What can you recommend for the Falcon? I know this isn't a whiz bang FG GT or anything, but I like putting my foot down, and having confidence that the car will stop. Quite obviously, the car has ABS, so I need a kit that is compatible with the ABS System. Most of my driving is done with rural and urban roads. I spend a lot of time on the freeway, but the car does as much time in suburbia.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Paxton.

Thats all right mate we don't discriminate against cars here (LOL). Andrew we can help you by suppling some DBA front slotted rotors ($105each) and some Ferodo Formula brake pads for $150 which will help pull you up.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post