Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Stiletto Racer
Starter Motor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Default Ford Paint Code Information Wanted!

We are looking to respray our coupe and are searching for a range of original colours which may be appropriate for our car. Any information on colours ( and codes) used for XA, XB and XC's would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a list which could be attached to this site, others may also benefit from your efforts!

Many thanks.

Stiletto Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...
 
Auslandau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melb East
Posts: 11,421
Default

If this helps a little or go to the web site here and search by year or colour. This is an amazing site showing EVERY colour ever produced.

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...ompany_A-L.htm


XA

" M " = Blaze Blue
" J " = Calypso Green
" 8 " = Cosmic Blue
" I " = Jewel Green
" G or T " = Lime Glaze
" U " = Ultra White
" 7 " = Walnut Glow
" Z " = Wild Violet
" S " = Yellow Glow
" Q " = Yellow Fire
" A " = Yellow Sand
" X " = Red Pepper
" E or K " = Wild Plum
" Y " = Kelly Green
" A or O " = Summer Gold
" B " = Onyx Black
" R " = Copper Bronze
" N " = Port Wine

Trim colours for XA's were " B " for Black, " " S " for Saddle " W " for White "A " for Blue " P " for Parchment " U " for Dark Grey and " Y " for Burgundy. Any of these codes followed by a " 2 " meant that they came with a cloth insert option

XB

" V " = Apollo Blue
" U " = Burnt Orange
" R " = Copper Bronze Metallic
" P " = Emerald Fire
" 6 " = Mulberry Metallic
" L " = Mushroom Beige
" 3 " = Polar White
" N " = Port Wine
" X " = Red Pepper
" 9 " = Sandstone Beige 73/74
" 9 " = Snow White 76/81
" H " = Tropic Gold Metallic
" 2 or Y " = Tropicana Green Metallic
" 7 " = Walnut Glow Metallic
" M " = Yellow Blaze
" A " = Yellow Sand
" B " = Onyx Black
" T " = Outback Bronze

Trim colours for XB's were " B " for Black, " " S " for Saddle " W " for White " P " for Parchment " C " for Chamois and " K " for Brown. Any of these codes followed by a " 2 " meant that they came with a cloth insert option



| [/url] |
__________________
'73 Landau - 10.82 @ 131mph
'11 FG GT335 - 12.43 @ 116mph
'95 XG ute - 3 minutes, 21.14 @ 64mph


101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 29-03-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
Stiletto Racer
Starter Motor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Default

This is fabulous information!
Thanks for the speedy reply.
Stiletto Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club
 
Bearman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vic
Posts: 3,905
Default

Just had a look there myself. Great info!!

Cheers.
__________________
Mitsubishi ASX Auto, White - Daily Commuter
XC Fairmont Coupe, 351 4spd, Graphite Grey - The Antidote

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
Tha Jack
Legend!!!
 
Tha Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 907
Default

Is there a seperate Code for if the car has Silver or black Highlights. Or is it Just standard Paint for GS and GTs and not an option?
__________________
BARE BONES RACING

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Tha Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...
 
Auslandau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melb East
Posts: 11,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Jack
Is there a seperate Code for if the car has Silver or black Highlights. Or is it Just standard Paint for GS and GTs and not an option?
I am sure someone can clarify this but for what I have been told/know/read over the years .........

XA GT - All had Black only Blackouts with solid black bonnet with the 2 strips on the side of the bonnet running over the cowl. There was an Option 55 which either deleted the black outs or added to it? I am sure it was a deletion with this option?

XB GT - Had '2 tone' black outs, so you could have different colours, black, silver or 'special colour' black outs .....

This I would actually like confirmed once and for all as I know someone will know for sure!!!!

GS's didn't have the blackouts but had the chrome moulds on the arches, stripes ...... small neat stripes on XA and big XY GT style for XB



| [/url] |
__________________
'73 Landau - 10.82 @ 131mph
'11 FG GT335 - 12.43 @ 116mph
'95 XG ute - 3 minutes, 21.14 @ 64mph


101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 29-03-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
Hrdtop75
Regular Member
 
Hrdtop75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Upper Shaggers Ridge Heights
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Jack
Is there a seperate Code for if the car has Silver or black Highlights. Or is it Just standard Paint for GS and GTs and not an option?
I was hoping someone might have answered this by now.
I'm looking the colour code for the silver highlights.
I can't find anything in books or on the net.
Someone mentioned Argent Silver Metallic on FB but I think that it might be the colour of the old falcon 500 4 slot rims, I'm not sure.

Keen to find out.
Hrdtop75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
XC GXL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
XC GXL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Derbyshire/Shropshire, UK
Posts: 1,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto Racer
We are looking to respray our coupe and are searching for a range of original colours which may be appropriate for our car. Any information on colours ( and codes) used for XA, XB and XC's would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a list which could be attached to this site, others may also benefit from your efforts!

Many thanks.
This thread may help you.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11225420

Wayne
XC GXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
BDA Escort
Screamin' it's lungs out!
 
BDA Escort's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
XA GT - All had Black only Blackouts with solid black bonnet with the 2 strips on the side of the bonnet running over the cowl. There was an Option 55 which either deleted the black outs or added to it? I am sure it was a deletion with this option?
correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't all Onyx black XAGT's have silver highlights, while every other colour had black highlights?
BDA Escort is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 10,832
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA Escort
correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't all Onyx black XAGT's have silver highlights, while every other colour had black highlights?
Nope

Mark Bs (barra64) XA GT RPO83 Onyx Black coupe never had silver outs

No XA GT had silver outs
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
Hrdtop75
Regular Member
 
Hrdtop75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Upper Shaggers Ridge Heights
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA Escort
correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't all Onyx black XAGT's have silver highlights, while every other colour had black highlights?
I think it was one of them random options back then.
Hrdtop75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #12
BGBLOK
Regular Member
 
BGBLOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 171
Default Re: Ford Paint Code Information Wanted!

Hey everyone!.. I'm looking for XD owners that have a build date 10 days either side of 5/8/80 on their compliance plate, the purpose is to try to find other XD's built then that may have exactly the same options or build codes. My XD GL S Pac has the YO45 Corporate Blue paint code with B2 black striped wool interior code and is 351/4 speed with the tramp rods although the drivers side one is missing or maybe never fitted?, who knows, it also is a non aircon or power steering car. My letter from Ford doesn't give me a lot of info but with that combination it may not have an exact twin, not ordering power steer or aircon seems odd.
I'd really like to fond photos of an original B2 interior if anyone can help with that?. There must be a couple of people in Oz that really know what's what with XD limited build cars!.
Cheers
BGBLOK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #13
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 10,832
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Ford Paint Code Information Wanted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBLOK View Post
Hey everyone!.. I'm looking for XD owners that have a build date 10 days either side of 5/8/80 on their compliance plate, the purpose is to try to find other XD's built then that may have exactly the same options or build codes. My XD GL S Pac has the YO45 Corporate Blue paint code with B2 black striped wool interior code and is 351/4 speed with the tramp rods although the drivers side one is missing or maybe never fitted?, who knows, it also is a non aircon or power steering car. My letter from Ford doesn't give me a lot of info but with that combination it may not have an exact twin, not ordering power steer or aircon seems odd.
I'd really like to fond photos of an original B2 interior if anyone can help with that?. There must be a couple of people in Oz that really know what's what with XD limited build cars!.
Cheers
Very Rare Car

Nice colour too!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2024, 01:22 AM   #14
Kangaroojack
Starter Motor
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Posts: 1
Default Re: Ford Paint Code Information Wanted!

Im wondering if anyone knows the name of this paint code.
Z852 its a blue colour on a xb ford 1976 panelvan. It looks similar to apollo blue in colour but not coded to be apollo blue.
Ive not seen this code before? Z852 any help would be great.
Kangaroojack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2024, 05:56 PM   #15
CJR09
RPO 77
 
CJR09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,904
Default Re: Ford Paint Code Information Wanted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroojack View Post
Im wondering if anyone knows the name of this paint code.
Z852 its a blue colour on a xb ford 1976 panelvan. It looks similar to apollo blue in colour but not coded to be apollo blue.
Ive not seen this code before? Z852 any help would be great.
Hey mate - likely Apollo Blue

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11225420
__________________


Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2024, 04:01 PM   #16
gassa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: Ford Paint Code Information Wanted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
Usually a paint code like that is a OSO meaning . off standard option common on government and Industry vehicles

Gassa
gassa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2024, 07:39 PM   #17
CJR09
RPO 77
 
CJR09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,904
Default Re: Ford Paint Code Information Wanted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassa View Post
Usually a paint code like that is a OSO meaning . off standard option common on government and Industry vehicles

Gassa
Yes - looks like it was not available in 75, in 76/77 stardust pinched the 'V' paint code.

Likely scenario fleet or private buyer really wanted apollo blue and special ordered = Z852 as per Paully's info in the link I provided above.
__________________


Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL