Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 29-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
pauljohnston
Starter Motor

Default Do ECU updates appear on ETIS site afterwards and Gold Coast service options

Hi All,
My Mondeo MC Tdci I've owned since September last is due it's 90,000km service soon and according to the ETIS website it's never had any updates ( ECU, Powershift etc ).

I'm going to ask that any updates are uploaded ( at additional cost no doubt ) during the service and I wonder if it's possible to tell afterward that it has actually been done.

Just hoping to improve some turbo-lag / dodgy gear changes that make entering roundabouts a little scary at times.

Also any opinions on the best place to take it GC, Brissie, Tweed - I'm willing to travel to ensure the best service.

Thanks in Advance,
Paul
pauljohnston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
Deo

AFAIK only the European dealers update ETIS when they update a vehicle. So your car may well have received an update but it won't show.

I would recommend using a OBD reader to check what you currently have. That way when you send it to the dealer you can be sure of getting what you pay for.

It may also be helpful in diagnosing your performance issue...

Sent from my GTi-9305 using bloody Tapatalk
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
Binny

Default Re: Do ECU updates appear on ETIS site afterwards and Gold Coast service options

Welcome to the forum Paul.
I have found Metro Ford in Brisbane to be ok. They did my 60k 6 months ago and were pretty good. I have the 75k next week so can update then.
Its a long way for you though if you are on the gold coast. A work colleague lives on the goldie and gets his new focus serviced down there so I can ask him who he uses.

With the lag at roundabouts (and give way signs!) are you talking about when rolling towards one off the throttle you see a gap and re-apply the throttle while still moving you get a big hesitation before it really starts to accelerate?
This is the only thing about the Powershift that annoys me. I think its the fact that although you are only rolling at walking pace it decides to leave it in 2nd and then rides the clutch out quite slowly when you go to accelerate, also causing turbo lag. I think it would be better off letting the clutch out a lot faster and loading up the turbo more.
having it in S mode helps as its more aggressive downshifting, or downshift it to 1st yourself.
Now I'm aware of it I can usually work around it to avoid that laggy situation.
Old 29-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #4
pauljohnston
Starter Motor

Default Re: Do ECU updates appear on ETIS site afterwards and Gold Coast service options

Thanks Binny,
I'd certainly consider driving to Metro Ford if it's confirmed they can do updates, otherwise I'd likely go to Sunshine Ford in Southport.

WRT the lag it's more a lack of consistency when setting off from a dead stop, it can sometimes take 2 or 3 seconds to really get into the torque curve ( and as I also have Bluefin installed ) it's then wheelspin & traction overkill.

I think you're on the money with it being a powershift problem it just seems to get bogged at too low revs, not giving the turbo a chance to spool up. I'm sure it's fixable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
With the lag at roundabouts (and give way signs!) are you talking about when rolling towards one off the throttle you see a gap and re-apply the throttle while still moving you get a big hesitation before it really starts to accelerate?
This is the only thing about the Powershift that annoys me. I think its the fact that although you are only rolling at walking pace it decides to leave it in 2nd and then rides the clutch out quite slowly when you go to accelerate, also causing turbo lag. I think it would be better off letting the clutch out a lot faster and loading up the turbo more.
Old 29-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #5
Deo

The 11 services my car had before I bought it were all at QFord. The car is in great shape, so they seem to be fine but of course I can't really comment because that was the previous owner.
I have been able to verify that they did actually change the Powershift fluid as per the required regime.

Sent from my GTi-9305 using bloody Tapatalk
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #6
Binny

Hmm I wonder what they will think of the Bluefin. Do you uninstall it before you take it to a dealer?
Old 29-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #7
pauljohnston
Starter Motor

Yup, it's easy enough to revert to the original map.

Not sure how to get a new map to match any new map Ford may load but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ( just hope it's not a toll bridge )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
Hmm I wonder what they will think of the Bluefin. Do you uninstall it before you take it to a dealer?