Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
XR4568

Exclamation 'Hot Focus ST is here'

New Focus ST on sale in UK. Great new pics care of Autoexpress. Interior looks much better too i reckon. I want one!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au..._focus_st.html

Hope the stripes are an option in Oz

XR4568 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

nice nice. loving it.

though i hate to burst your bubble its been on sale for a while. but none the less thanks for the article.

And i so want one now!

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

It's very nice.

I assume that would be pretty close to the model we're receiving here right?

I really hope we get the three door here. I know I sound like a broken record here, but I'd love to see it.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
KenLee
supercarclub.com.au

They should have the 5-door and the 3-door for sale here in Australia. BTW the facelifted Focus looks HOT.
KenLee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I agree it looks hot with or without stripes. It pretty much also confirms what the front end of the Fiesta St (mk7) might look like as from pics to me they look very similar.
Old 29-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
XR4568

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
nice nice. loving it.

though i hate to burst your bubble its been on sale for a while. but none the less thanks for the article.

And i so want one now!
This face lifted version hasn't reached our shores yet. Come June though....
XR4568 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR4568
This face lifted version hasn't reached our shores yet. Come June though....
He means in the UK.

That car is hot as. I think I love it even more than I love the current XR5, which is a fair feat! Guess I will fully make up my mind when it arrives here... And agreed, a 3-door would be awesome.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I don't like the carbon-fibre surround on the stereo. Other than that, it looks good.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I think that's optional
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 12:14 AM   #10
smee323
Yes it is mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I don't like the carbon-fibre surround on the stereo. Other than that, it looks good.
I'm with you. Looks like an after thought.
Maybe the Sony Stereo they have fitted, just did not fit quite right.

The double din stereo in my 170 which is not the best, looks better placed than that.

Still, a very nice looking car. Would love to see it in a few more colours without the stripes.
smee323 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I think everyone has missed the all important new feature of the XR5T;

IT IS AVAILABLE IN WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just makes it the hottest Hot Hatch (looks wise!). Golf GTI started my craze for having a white Hot Hatch, however too many on the road so I decided the GTI wasn't my next option. The new Audi S3 comes out in white too - but, probably out of my price range. Then RenaultSport in Europe bring out a white derivative of the Megane 230 R26 F1... but Australia continues to only receive the Yellow or Black.

Making this my favourite looking hot hatch... a White XR5T 3door for me please Ford Australia!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I think everyone has missed the all important new feature of the XR5T;

IT IS AVAILABLE IN WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just makes it the hottest Hot Hatch (looks wise!). Golf GTI started my craze for having a white Hot Hatch, however too many on the road so I decided the GTI wasn't my next option. The new Audi S3 comes out in white too - but, probably out of my price range. Then RenaultSport in Europe bring out a white derivative of the Megane 230 R26 F1... but Australia continues to only receive the Yellow or Black.

Making this my favourite looking hot hatch... a White XR5T 3door for me please Ford Australia!
could we possibly be seeing the return of THE Teki? interesting. the originals seem to be returning.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post