Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
Uni

Default (sort of) broke my focus

so, a friend of mine decided to go bike riding without a helmet, fell off and needed me to come find her... Which i did, being the kind good samaritan that i am. aaanyway, i pulled onto the grassy verge, it was smooth pulling off the road. stopped, put her bike and crap in the back of my car. pulling back onto the road, there was a cheeky ditch concealed by grass which was the same height as the grass on either side of the ditch, and i drove straight into it. Bye bye protective plastic in the right hand wheel well. It's also cracked under the front of the car. i am not a happy camper right now.

anyway, does anyone happen to know, or is anyone willing to guess, how much it is likely to cost me to get this repaired?

Uni/.

Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

if its soley a crack then just give a plastic welder a call and they will fix it up. i know of one in Minto if you want his number... did my black fiesta ages ago and 100 quality

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
Uni

thanks for that mate, but i'm actually in canberra at the moment, will be for quite some time... it's actually broken off all the plastic inside the right hand wheel well, so that will definitely need to be replaced :(

Uni/.
Old 16-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It should be replaced or risk splashing road grime and grit all round the anciliary bits.. As for cost you might have to take it to a dealer..
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #5
BlackLS
yum

Try GMS spares Bankstown. They're pretty cheap and have at least 4-6 LS/LTs there, 2 or so LRs

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
Rollake70

Fear not.

I hit a kangaroo with my focus ages back.

shattered the following:

front air dam
Lower airbox
Tow hook cover
Passenger inner wheel well

spoke to my dealer, all up, about $130 for genuine parts excluding the lower box (wasn't interested in replacing it :d) . no point getting the inner guard plastic repaired when the part is worth 50 bucks.
Rollake70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
Uni

awesomeness, that's exact;y the sort of news i want to hear thanks very much everyone!

Uni/.
Old 19-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
Rollake70

i was definatly suprised by the quote to say the least

the air dam was about 70 bucks, inner wheel gaurd cover 50 bucks, tow hook covers something stupid like $5 each (unpainted)

i think the lower airbox may be pricey though.

i need to replace my front splitter as well, as that was damaged too and is currently held together by zip ties, but im holding out for a kit instead
Rollake70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post