Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #151
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I must admit it you had your's damn clean today ... didn't get shots of the rear or sides though.

I have one pic that shows the difference between claen and dirty Monsoon blue
Great!!!
I should be able to bag HLC now for the rest of the year.:
Good to finally meet you. Next time I'll have a closer look at your camera.

Uk
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #152
lekodey
Starter Motor

Tell you what man I even got sunburnt on my damn feet, around me scuff things I was wearing...looks bloody retarded along with a bright red nose, neck and arms. Few more hours and I would have been grilled, on a side note you went past me damn quick HLC . Found out in a hurry I was low on brake fluid once I came off the M4...coming down from 105 even uphill at lighthorse exit it didn't do a hell of a lot. Investigated and found a bloody leak from my master cylinder...so i'm all like wtf. Need to get that and my rear windscreen seal done, as well as the power mirror thing, the trans cooler, the trans service and diff oil change, coolant flush, oil change, brake change. Someone broke a mirror in my boot as well...I just found that out this arvo...great luck there. So is there a chance of another meet in the future, perhaps with a little punt around as well.
Kodi (Neil for those there this mornin).

2000 AU II Fairmont Ghia White
Pacies, High Flow Cat, 2.5 Cat back, Top Gun Leads, Fram Air Hog Filter and uh...no radio...only one working rear door...Leather...air freshener tree and it's not a VN?!? Good thing. Stock other than that, doesn't need anything else...it's not a VN.

LeGhia
lekodey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #153
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Nice to meet everyone at Maccas. I am also guilty of not washing my car, stupid rain but can really complain.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #154
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I would have taken more photos ... but I wasn't happy with the conditions.
I am hoping next time I will get more of a change to get more photos.

I am starting to puolad some straight from the camera now ... there are some that need cropping and I haven't got the time at the moment ot play around in Photoshop to edit them.

Oh ... do people want numberplates blocked out ... or is it OK if I just upload pics???
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #155
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
Great!!!
I should be able to bag HLC now for the rest of the year.:
Good to finally meet you. Next time I'll have a closer look at your camera.

Uk
yeah yeah whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekodey
on a side note you went past me damn quick HLC . .
no way! i was goin slow!

Simon, i dont care about my plates.
Old 20-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #156
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
I would have taken more photos ... but I wasn't happy with the conditions.
I am hoping next time I will get more of a change to get more photos.

I am starting to puolad some straight from the camera now ... there are some that need cropping and I haven't got the time at the moment ot play around in Photoshop to edit them.

Oh ... do people want numberplates blocked out ... or is it OK if I just upload pics???
block mine please
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #157
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

No probs ... actually .. so far ... the pics I have uploaded don't actually show numberplates. Well ... only Neil's car is showing his numberplate on the group shot.
Old 20-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #158
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Here's what Monsoon Blue looks like when clean

Reflection in D1XR2C's mirror scalp

D1XR2C's rear wheel with red and white wall.

Uncle Ken's clean Monsoon Blue AU (with S3 rear bar and side skirts)

Last edited by Mechan1k; 20-01-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: damn typos
Old 20-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #159
lekodey
Starter Motor

Well I was only puddling along since i'm a bit of a damp rag when it comes to all that hooning about, only stretch it a little and tend to get too paranoid at even 3k's over the limit :P. I'd prefer it if the plates were blocked if that's not too much trouble man. Did any of them turn out real good or the conditions really play a part. Just a side note have any of you had the corner of a rear windscreen seal pop up or sort of come away, want to get it fixed and have no real idea what might be required or what the cost might be. Really looks cause it's so easy to see, hope it didn't drag the photos down :(.

2000 AU II Fairmont Ghia White
Pacies, High Flow Cat, 2.5 Cat back, Top Gun Leads, Fram Air Hog Filter and uh...no radio...only one working rear door...Leather...air freshener tree and it's not a VN?!? Good thing. Stock other than that, doesn't need anything else...it's not a VN.

LeGhia
lekodey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #160
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Bright sunlight on different angles can really cause havoc ... I tried reducing flare though using the lens hood ... and also tried to minimise reflections and keep the colours rich using a polarisor on the lens.

I see what you mean though about the seal ... you can see it in one of the pics I have taken (need to blank the plate before i can upload it).
Old 20-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #161
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

The group
Old 20-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #162
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

The Beast

More of the group
Old 21-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #163
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekodey
Tell you what man I even got sunburnt on my damn feet, around me scuff things I was wearing...looks bloody retarded along with a bright red nose, neck and arms. Kodi (Neil for those there this mornin).
I woke up today and had a bloody great V under my neck. Couldn't believe I got that sunburnt that quick.

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 21-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #164
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Here's what Monsoon Blue looks like when clean

HLC please take note !!

Uncle Ken (working hard to get moderated)
Old 21-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #165
HLC
Audi S3

bite me! mine does get cleaned :

(and you'll have to try harder than that : )
Old 21-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #166
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

LOL! Henri that pic is old as, you posted that ages ago just after clay baring it, also you still have the standard exhaust and your on your P's in that pic! Atleast post a RECENT pic of it being cleaned :
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #167
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL XR6
LOL! Henri that pic is old as, you posted that ages ago just after clay baring it, also you still have the standard exhaust and your on your P's in that pic! Atleast post a RECENT pic of it being cleaned :
: shut up!!

fine. one from last week. spotless. aside from that white dot thing on my camera lens. : :

Old 21-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #168
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
: shut up!!

fine. one from last week. spotless. aside from that white dot thing on my camera lens. : :

Looks like its been photoshoped to me
UK
PS love the hat
Old 21-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #169
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Question Idea for next meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPfalcon170
if you guys are ever up for a cruise, maybe could do a joint au and e-series one? alot of the fordmods guys that cruise around here are all e-series, and can usually get a few cars coming along. Do have meets at harry's livo every now and then aswell.
This could be a good idea.

I was also thinking alone the lines that seeing we have a GREAT, FANTASTIC (etc etc) member with a really good camera (I won't mention you by name Mechan1k) we could meet at a central location, drive to a spot where we could take some pics (e.g good back drop, interesting road).

Have a bite to eat, share images from camera on laptops and share around the members who show up. Each member could then edit the pics they download (less work for our camera person).

I have a video camera and tripod so am happy to take some video footage as well. It takes mini DV tapes so, BYO tape, stick in my camera, I shoot then give back tape.

It would be a fun day, lots of pics, BYO DV tapes, food and drink.

What do you guys think?
:
Uncle Ken
Old 21-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #170
HLC
Audi S3

i'd be up for that.

and i'd wash my car just for you UK
Old 21-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #171
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

I would like to get some 'good' pics of my car. I think would be a quick and fun way to do it.
UK
(2 clean Monsoon Blue AUs in the same place at the same time would be a great chick magnate. LOL)
Old 21-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #172
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
(2 clean Monsoon Blue AUs in the same place at the same time would be a great chick magnate. LOL)
There you go, Henri is definitely going to clean his car now!
Old 21-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #173
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL XR6
There you go, Henri is definitely going to clean his car now!
If i needed a car to pull chicks, i certainly wouldnt be driving an AU Fairmont
Old 21-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #174
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I'd be interested in that as well.

Somewhere that there is shade will be good ... or an overcast day.
There's only so much you can do with a lens hood and circular polarizer.
Old 21-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #175
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
I'd be interested in that as well.

Somewhere that there is shade will be good ... or an overcast day.
There's only so much you can do with a lens hood and circular polarizer.
I reckon there would be some good spots on the Bells Line Rd, Trees, shade chance to set up shots carefully and safely as well

UK
Old 21-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #176
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
If i needed a car to pull chicks, i certainly wouldnt be driving an AU Fairmont
Certainly didn't work down here!