Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Do you like the look of the AU (std) headlights?
Not fussed really. 43 23.76%
Yes, love them. 48 26.52%
Would change them if I could afford to. 50 27.62%
Worst part of the car. 40 22.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #241
ntguy

HI all, I was the one who woke up this thread. The BA into AU looks good. I would be after something that is totally legal and also works well.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #242
T3man
Banned

Actually it was woken up at post #215 ... the points made by mavs19 are very relevant. In the case of my personal project the time and cost was of no consequence. It is far different for a person/business who is doing this for re-sale. I have seen a lot of lights on vehicles lately that are sold through eBay or other outlets which have no ADR compliance. These lights generally are made of inferior quality materials with appearance being the main purpose. On the road these lights generally cause discomfort to other drivers due to uncontrolled beam patterns or inability to adjust the light aim satisfactorily - one set I saw (for AU) are incapable of adjustment.

Because of this road safety issue I fear it won't take long for the authorities to react and direct the police to start pulling people over for modified lights.

For a business to develop and then submit an ADR approval for a replacement AU headlight is IMO never going to be financially viable.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #243
ntguy

Yer sorry my bad, i thought I was looking at a old post. sorry ppl
Old 11-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #244
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Here are some photos I have on Doks projector headlights om my wagon.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #245
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I gotta say Dok the BA/AU ones look tops make make make me want
Old 11-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #246
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sadly this thread has (recently) deteriorated to a point of impending closure, it upsets me that a (newer) "member" has to come in here to pass judgement on this project (inadvertantly mocking my 18 years headlight reconditioning/modifying experience) that I put so much time & effort into. These (projector) headlights have proven to be an excellent product & in 1 particular instance (Simon) proved far superior to HID's from his own experience. There are (& will only ever be) 4 pair of these made so enjoy them guy's.
"HID's" are NOT something I use or recommend for many reasons (especially retro fitting), "angel eyes" even less so, also encouraging people to dissassemble their (bonded) headlights to do their own HID/Angel eye installations or modifications is irresponsible to say the least.
A special thanks to "Duffman", "Mechan1k", "LG" & "Chief". Cheers guys, & thanks for the support. :
Old 11-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #247
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think this thread has, for the moment, lived its life.
As The Dok has said, they are purely prototypes and, if they ever released as a marketable item, will certainly be ADR compliant (as all his work is) or be clearly stated as NON ADR and it will be the buyers own decision as to wheter to run them as daily lights or as the "show only" light that they would be.

As for cost and return on investment, thats purely up to The Dok.

Thread closed.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread