Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Connector ID Help Please

Part of the dash harness.

It plugs into a fixed socket on the driver’s side kick panel area, adjacent to the large white harness connector.

Gut feeling says it’s the fuel pump wiring, am I correct? Can’t read the online wiring schematics clearly enough to be certain.

Connectors are heavily corroded on two terminals; the larger wire’s one has started to crumble. I’ll be repairing this before the dash harness is refitted.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2019, 12:53 AM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Connector ID Help Please

A bit underwhelmed after getting to the bottom of this.

This is C69 per the wiring diagrams.

The large gauge yellow wire, is a power feed for premium sound, and power seats. The four smaller gauge wires are the pretensioners.

Never before have I seen a harness connector where pyrotechnics share with ordinary cabling. Given the corrosion to the large wire, what if it had "floated" and then made contact with one of the pretensioner wires? That could be a rather distracting outcome!

Glad I ran it down, now to fix...
This user likes this post:
Old 18-03-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

There is also a connection point in that kick panel for Satnav if the car has a Satnav dash. I haven't installed mine yet and the donor dash from a LTD has just gone into temp storage as I will be moving house in the next month or two. So I don't know what it looks like but thought I'd mention it as its close to what your working on
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I believe you're referring to C238 - if the diagrams tell the truth (I'm used to Haynes, AKA The Book of Fairytales).

It's only a two pin connector, but that might explain some of the empty real estate in the kick panel recess.
Old 18-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sorry mate cant help on this one.
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post