Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default A Few AU Dash Panel Pictures

Mainly in case someone wonders how something should look, or how it goes together.

The steel brace tube or spine of it all.

Vacuum reservoir hidden in the steel brace tube.

The two halves of the lower section, and combined.

The top pad. White mess is a 2K acrylic glue made for spa repairs. Bonds nicely to ABS. I’ve also included a photo of where the centre braceback rod passes through the ducting, it was made with foam donut seals but a pair of closely abutted foam strips works as well.

I’ll add similar of the harness when that’s reinstated.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2019, 02:02 AM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: A Few AU Dash Panel Pictures

You ought to get a hold of a mod and see if it can be added to the Tech Resources section.

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #3
speedzter

Thanks for the pics.
Can you tell me if the black hex fitting where the hose connects to the reservoir looks like it unscrews ?
I had the hose brake of below the black hex nut, and need to figure out how to re-attach ?

speedzter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I pulled the barbed end of the black fitting, out of the clear piece to re-tape the three fixing clips. Didn’t think to see if it was a thread the other end (gut feeling is, it’s just another barb).
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Interesting info
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post