Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #1
FredNork
Starter Motor

Default Anyone in Melbourne have an OBD2 Adapter for Ford BA I Can Borrow to Reset The Radio on My Wifes Car

I recently changed over the centre console on my wifes car as the display and controls were intermittently not working and now the radio comes up with CODE. It apparently needs a reset using something like Forscan, I am ordering an adapter but it will take up to 10 days. My wife is not happy as she has a long commute to work.

Anyone got one they are happy for me to use this w/e? Am in Melbourne, happy to leave deposit etc.
FredNork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: Anyone in Melbourne have an OBD2 Adapter for Ford BA I Can Borrow to Reset The Radio on My Wifes Car

have you gotten the security unlock for FORSCAN?

I havent yet found any way to change any settings without getting the unlock....
Old 20-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Anyone in Melbourne have an OBD2 Adapter for Ford BA I Can Borrow to Reset The Radio on My Wifes Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNork View Post
I recently changed over the centre console on my wifes car as the display and controls were intermittently not working and now the radio comes up with CODE. It apparently needs a reset using something like Forscan, I am ordering an adapter but it will take up to 10 days. My wife is not happy as she has a long commute to work.

Anyone got one they are happy for me to use this w/e? Am in Melbourne, happy to leave deposit etc.
It would probably be quicker to drive to your nearest Ford dealer that has their Saturday service department open, pay a few dollars, and have it reset in a few minutes, than drive to a member's home to pick up an adaptor.
If you give them the VIN number they might even be able to look up the code.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #4
FredNork
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post

I havent yet found any way to change any settings without getting the unlock....
I have only consulted the website and it says you can get a temporary unlock code on application
Old 20-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
pcman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if your near croydon north drop me a pm, have cables and software
pcman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #6
FredNork
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcman View Post
if your near croydon north drop me a pm, have cables and software
Cheers mate,
have sent a pm
Old 20-05-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Have you tried the following... Hold AM + Menu. That clears the code on the B series.
Old 20-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #8
FredNork
Starter Motor

Hi thanks, yes this works, but only for 5 minutes. not a permanent fix.
Old 20-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #9
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Not sure if this will work on the B series.... But on an FG series, if you change the ICC (which of course is mated to the car) with another replacement ICC, you can get around the coding problem by simply installing the CD player from the original ICC into the replacement ICC.

It appears the mating of an ICC to a car is coded into the CD electronics
Old 20-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #10
pundit
Gazza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post

Just register the program, it's free.. I've done it a few times and done coding stuff.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #11
Dalonian
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Slightly off topic, but will one of these allow you to re code ICCs, clusters etc

My Show and Shine thread:

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...27#post5975027
Dalonian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #12
FredNork
Starter Motor

you are probably right,
Old 20-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #13
FredNork
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXRSIX View Post
Not sure if this will work on the B series.... But on an FG series, if you change the ICC (which of course is mated to the car) with another replacement ICC, you can get around the coding problem by simply installing the CD player from the original ICC into the replacement ICC.

It appears the mating of an ICC to a car is coded into the CD electronics
you are probably right, however the issue is somewhere in the cd assembly which also includes the plug which is at the back of the icc, to remove the plug assembly from the cd mech is possible but would prefer to avoid if I can just recode,
Old 20-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #14
FredNork
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalonian View Post
Slightly off topic, but will one of these allow you to re code ICCs, clusters etc
Check out the Forscan site, lots of info there, but looks like it
Old 21-05-2017, 11:07 AM   #15
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. The fault in your old unit may be repairable, have a look at this thread, https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11462915 . The symptoms are different but the reason for the fault may be much the same, just a different pin (or pins). Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #16
FredNork
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. The fault in your old unit may be repairable, have a look at this thread, https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11462915 . The symptoms are different but the reason for the fault may be much the same, just a different pin (or pins). Cheers MD
Hi Michael, thanks for that, yes, I did do that to the old unit but must have missed the problem or its somewhere else.
Old 22-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #17
FredNork
Starter Motor

still looking
Old 28-05-2017, 07:32 PM   #18
KRL-94

pm sent pundit

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #19
FredNork
Starter Motor

My unit has arrived so no longer required, bit strange the offers made did not respond to PM's
Old 09-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #20
FredNork
Starter Motor

OK, have used the forscan tool and reset the radio code successfully. Looks like you can do keys, change radio units etc.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #21
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fred which adapter did you buy, I have 2 here & both work with torque but refuse to work with forscan.
Hoping 3rd time's the charm.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #22
FredNork
Starter Motor

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151533914...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This one worked for me
Old 09-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #23
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Fred.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post