Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Refrigerated Van Conversion

Does anyone here know what the ballpark figure is to refrigerate a 2008+ Mercedes Sprinter ?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Refrigerated Van Conversion

Not sure of the cost..... but figuring in the fact that the frig unit would have to be flush mounted in a side panel or roof mounted, a dividing insulated wall between the drivers comp and load area. Also depends on if you want a straight frame insulated box slid into the back or contoured insulated walls.
Electric aux off engine compressor or just engine run compressor.??

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #3
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About 12 years ago I had a smaller van nsulated and refridgerated by a company in Melb.It had both engine driven compressor,actually tapped into existing AC,and 240v compressor.Cost then for nsulation and refridgeration was around $12,000 so I would think years later and a bigger body the cost could be up around the $20k range.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #4
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$12 - $15K all depends what you want. Dont know configeration of Sprinter but some vehicles cannot use seperate cobndensors.

There are plenty of businesses do it around the country,,, instead of us giving varied vague information, get doing some phone calling.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:07 AM   #5
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

We've just had a VW Transporter come into work for sale through the auction which is fully insulated and had a refrigeration unit fitted to it about 18 months ago that cost $16,000 to do apparently.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2017, 12:11 AM   #6
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Thanks guys, typical rip off Australian prices. Won't even bother calling. Got my mind set on a secondhand van with refrigeration already fitted . Not paying a bunch of tools 12 to 16k for a damned fridge and insulation. 6k would give me a new low mileage engine into the $16k refrigerated body.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post