Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #1201
Lunch
Wait, what?

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I hope that was for multiple people
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2019, 07:42 PM   #1202
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah.Looks like a good size Sunday breakfast for one
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #1203
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

One of my slow payers coughed up tonight. Wasn’t a huge sum but it had been entertaining watching him duck and squirm whenever it looked like I might press the issue.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #1204
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
My one staple of my sunday breakfast. Sundays are my eat whatever crap tickles my fancy day with the one constant being a refreshing calipo. Calipos are awesome. My other selections werent bad either, a sausage roll and a custard filled doughnut.
You gotta try a crispy sausage roll in a hot, buttered crispy croissant. Taste sensation.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #1205
.:4:.
Kicking back

Had a pretty good day to be honest. The girl ive been spending more and more time with i spent time with as its her birthday, and after work took my kid for dinner. His mum will murder me if she finds out, but the first thing the kid asks is if i have red bulls in the car. I did not. He prefers the new ultra caffine cokes so i got him pepped up on one of those then chocolate. Needless to say he was a pretty stroppy 10 year old when he got dropped off. He had a lot of fun beforehand though. Hes a well behaved little unit so we can have fun with out me having to play strict parent. So a good day all round for me.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #1206
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After riding my bicycle around Lake Macquarie- 3 hours 39 in saddle and 80 kilometres, the last 30 minutes a living hell, it made me feel bloody good rolling up to my driveway and twisting my right foot out of the pedal knowing the pain was over.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #1207
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Biggest salt water lake in Aus. That's pretty good. Loop the Lake Ride ??
They still got that crappy 10km/h speed limit on that Speers Pt cycleway section and wonder why cyclist don't want to use it.

Old 27-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #1208
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Biggest salt water lake in Aus. That's pretty good. Loop the Lake Ride ??
They still got that crappy 10km/h speed limit on that Speers Pt cycleway section and wonder why cyclist don't want to use it.
roKWiz, not the Loop the Lake Ride. I got a quiet patch at work and got an early mark, and am planning on riding Bowral 100 km next month.

So I never did a loop of the lake and thought why not. So I kicked off from home at Eleebana and rode to Speers point and yeah all the walkers slowed me up on the Speers Point cycleway. I then rode out to Toronto- Morrisset and cut back to Pacific Highway and the hills at Catho and approaching Swansea killed me.

I will do it again but will pick a time not in busy weekday traffic which was hairy on some roads to Morrisset. Total elevation 880 metres and max speed 69.8 km/h. Bugger- will crack 70 next time as I know the spots to do it now.

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 27-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #1209
roKWiz
Cabover nut

I often rode Doyalson to Swansea and back along the OPH, long climb out of Swansea and yeah, finishing off on the Belmont to Eleebana rd has some steep sections.
Some even bigger hills in Munmorah State Park.

There are great circuit around Bowral too, are you going to try the Gibb ?

Old 27-09-2019, 02:58 PM   #1210
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I often rode Doyalson to Swansea and back along the OPH, long climb out of Swansea and yeah, finishing off on the Belmont to Eleebana rd has some steep sections.
Some even bigger hills in Munmorah State Park.

There are great circuit around Bowral too, are you going to try the Gibb ?

Mate- I hope to goodness the Gibb is not in the Bowral Classic 90 km route cause I fear it will be a bridge to far for me!!!!

Last edited by asagaai; 27-09-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 28-09-2019, 04:59 PM   #1211
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Got a fairly good room in camp this week yeehaar.

So far a solid 7hrs sleep every day

And Foxtel !!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #1212
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Got a fairly good room in camp this week yeehaar.

So far a solid 7hrs sleep every day

And Foxtel !!imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
5 stars right there
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #1213
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
5 stars right there
Probably by Adelaide standards.
Old 28-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #1214
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Probably by radelaide standards.
good 2 see you are happy m8

are they covering flights and can you set that room up as your own now??
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #1215
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Went out to mates place to give him a hand with something,took the cover off the somewhat neglected lately BA GT-P and treated myself to a drive in it,coming home on 25km stretch of dead straight road doing pretty much the posted speed limit i get passed by a bloke in a GTI VW doing warp speed off into the distance,just before town hes parked up getting the learn from a copper,probaly shouldnt but have to say it gave me a chuckle gave him a toot as we passed.
Old 28-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #1216
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easy .....this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVx3Is7BDn4 ..

Two flags in three years makes me pretty happy today .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #1217
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Steak sausage bacon tomato eggs hash browns and croissants for Brekkie.

Yep feel good now it must be Sunday?
Old 29-09-2019, 12:39 PM   #1218
Lunch
Wait, what?

Back on shelves

[IMG][/IMG]
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2019, 04:39 PM   #1219
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Still waiting for the Pollywaffles to be released again :/
Old 29-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #1220
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not a patch on discount choccies or big breakfasts.

Finally repairing the tray on Mr Povo and discovered the “donor” decking planks are exactly the same width as the old ones - a rough measure had indicated I might need to (tediously) knock about 2mm off each end with the dropsaw and aluminium cutting blade. That’s a horrible and messy job, super glad to be avoiding it.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #1221
Kicking back

The new guy at work didnt beleive me that a peregrin falcon lived on the roof of the building we were in. One of the lift guys came bolting over and showed a video taken by a window cleaner of his mate in the bmu getting swooped by the giant bird. The falcon was having a full on go. So i was right. The lift guy wants to go on the roof as he works with a guy i used to work with who has been swooped before. The chocolate toy boy refuses to go on the roof because he doesnt want to be picked up and flown away.
Anyhow, i like it when i can prove stories that very well could be bs. Now the irish lad is slightly more scared of going outside. Oh, and videos of eagles dragging mountain goats off cliffs and letting them fall, whilst savage, are entertaining too.
Old 30-09-2019, 06:11 PM   #1222
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Took my Grandfather to the Perth army museum on Saturday. He's the last living digger from the Mandurah area that served in Korea apparently. It was great to have 4 generations see some history in the museum and hear some stories from Pop that the museum visit jogged.

Oh and an army Cadet thanked Pop for his service, which was great.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2019, 06:17 PM   #1223
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
The new guy at work didnt beleive me that a peregrin falcon lived on the roof of the building we were in. One of the lift guys came bolting over and showed a video taken by a window cleaner of his mate in the bmu getting swooped by the giant bird. The falcon was having a full on go. So i was right. The lift guy wants to go on the roof as he works with a guy i used to work with who has been swooped before. The chocolate toy boy refuses to go on the roof because he doesnt want to be picked up and flown away.
Anyhow, i like it when i can prove stories that very well could be bs. Now the irish lad is slightly more scared of going outside. Oh, and videos of eagles dragging mountain goats off cliffs and letting them fall, whilst savage, are entertaining too.
Interesting.

We have Kites or Falcons that glide over the cliff at our rear garden, below which is a Lake.

Discussed with my wife where they live- and wondered if they lived on the cliff face. She told me two days ago that she saw them nest high up on a big industrial building at Lee Rowans in Warners Bay. She then says that is probably because all the local birds where we live go batcrazy whenever the Kites/Falcons sit on a casuarina tree on the cliffs edge on our back garden- I mean there is a joint attack by magpies, minors, cockatoos -like a full on squadron of different bird types swooping and going crazy.

Then she says - do you know how they have sex- I saw a female Kite sitting on the edge of Lee Rowans building, male Kite comes flying up to her and while still flying like a helicopter inserts into her for 3-5 seconds and then deed is done - so quick - and off the male flies.

And I thought without saying anything- well you are a lucky woman

2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #1224
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Interesting.

We have Kites or Falcons that glide over the cliff at our rear garden, below which is a Lake.

Discussed with my wife where they live- and wondered if they lived on the cliff face. She told me two days ago that she saw them nest high up on a big industrial building at Lee Rowans in Warners Bay. She then says that is probably because all the local birds where we live go batcrazy whenever the Kites/Falcons sit on a casuarina tree on the cliffs edge on our back garden- I mean there is a joint attack by magpies, minors, cockatoos -like a full on squadron of different bird types swooping and going crazy.

Then she says - do you know how they have sex- I saw a female Kite sitting on the edge of Lee Rowans building, male Kite comes flying up to her and while still flying like a helicopter inserts into her for 3-5 seconds and then deed is done - so quick - and off the male flies.

Yeah, this falcon lives on the roof of a 21 story office block. It eats on the roof of the attached 21 story building next to it. There are hundreds of homing pigeon identification bands on the roof where it eats. Its a built up area too, so its odd for a bird like that to live there, but i guess there is enough food.
Old 30-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #1225
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy View Post
Took my Grandfather to the Perth army museum on Saturday. He's the last living digger from the Mandurah area that served in Korea apparently. It was great to have 4 generations see some history in the museum and hear some stories from Pop that the museum visit jogged.

Oh and an army Cadet thanked Pop for his service, which was great.
Thanks for sharing, grandparents are to be cherished and you are very lucky to have those experiences. I wish I had got more time with all of my Grandparents during my adult life, I miss them everyday.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #1226
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

One of the greatest and simplest pleasures in life for me is a perfectly toasted piece of bread with butter and Vegemite! Comfort food, good for the soul.

Last night my trusty Breville toaster decided it would no longer play it's part in this pleasure. Bugger! That didn't make me feel good.

Bought a new one today, and all is well with the world again. That made me feel good!

It's the simple things.............
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2019, 08:10 PM   #1227
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
One of the greatest and simplest pleasures in life for me is a perfectly toasted piece of bread with butter and Vegemite! Comfort food, good for the soul.

Last night my trusty Breville toaster decided it would no longer play it's part in this pleasure. Bugger! That didn't make me feel good.

Bought a new one today, and all is well with the world again. That made me feel good!

It's the simple things.............
Interestingly enough, it was only last week when an Estonian client of mine was extremely excited to tell me of his new favourite thing, vegemite. Then he proceeded to tell me of his weak vegemite game. For 13 years at school the 1 constant was a vegimite sandwich. So to me, you dont always need butter or margarine, i dont need it spread thin, and yes i know it goes well with cheese. So i enlightened him on a few things. The vegemite scroll is one of those things that blew his mind. Personally its not my thing, im pretty simple, but you can do vegemite and bashed avo. There are many things you can do with the stuff. Sao's, all sorts of stuff. If you pronounce the mite in vegemite like how Americans pronounce the mite in yosemite, it sounds fancy and no cafe worker knows what the hell you are asking for untill you spell it out. I even know a burger joint that has a burger with vegemite mayo. They go pretty hard to be honest.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #1228
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Interesting.

Another thing i find interesting about these apex preditors is, unlike say a magpie who wants to peck you to death, they come in with their big feet with claws to get you. As seen in the video of the window washer hiding in the basket 21 floors up swinging his squeegy stick to protect himself. Judging the video, it wasnt evem the big mother bird. I know it has had offspring. Years ago before i had seen smaller falcons in the area i used to do the lightning protection inspections and the big falcon would follow and sort of swoop, but keep atleast 3 metres distance. It was just making sure i wasnt going near its nest. Still a bit confronting though. Even at a small enough distance, you can hear the wings beating. I cant see how other birds even bother annoying these apex preditors. Theyre fast and they take down other birds in flight like a rifle to a clay pigeon. All claws and the beak is to finish the job.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #1229
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Breakfast beers with the boys.

Now it's bed time .
Old 01-10-2019, 09:17 PM   #1230
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Finally remembered the name of an author whom I’d been trying to remember for a number of years. I could remember her main genre but not the titles.

Elizabeth Wurtzel, most well known for Prozac Nation.