Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Buying a Mondeo MB XR5 T

Hey guys,

Just about to buy a new XR5 Turbo Mondeo with the g/f. Have been out shopping today and know what I can get, 2009 for $36,880 drive away (brand new undriven) or $38,410 2010 (brand new undriven), few colours available.

Is there anything I should be concerned about buying an XR5 T mondeo, we drove it today and are happy with the performance and the price with the features it has, the original plan was Focus XR5 T but for the same money (orange xr5T with leather) we love the Mondeo so much more!

Any feedback appreciated!

Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Gday Brent
My cousin is very happy with his XR5 Turbo Mondeo
Only issues he had was with some interior trim quality of fitment issues but this was remedied at his first service
The car is great and inside is very spacious indeed. I actually think the interior is a better place to be than the G6ET believe it or not.
Good luck
George
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Gday Brent
My cousin is very happy with his XR5 Turbo Mondeo
Only issues he had was with some interior trim quality of fitment issues but this was remedied at his first service
The car is great and inside is very spacious indeed. I actually think the interior is a better place to be than the G6ET believe it or not.
Good luck
George
Some aspects are better, the only thing i can fault is it has no digital speedo (the FG has really spoilt me). Its comfy as and very very well appointed compared to the Falcon, its got everything, Xexons, leather, sunroof, voice control, bluetooth, front and rear park assist, auto distance cruise control, knee airbags, cornering lights, heat warmers, dual zone etc etc.

Great value for money at 36880 but im not keen on buying a 2009 plate thats been sitting still for so long.
Old 17-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a nice price. Congrats. The MB is packed with features. I have a late MA model and it's been faultless.

There no issues that spring to mind. You may find more over on the XR5 forums.

What color are you getting?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
That's a nice price. Congrats. The MB is packed with features. I have a late MA model and it's been faultless.

There no issues that spring to mind. You may find more over on the XR5 forums.

What color are you getting?
White, sea grey or silver.

Probably the silver as we already have one white car.

I really cannot get over how well these cars are optioned up!
Old 17-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought mine in Feb last year. I got mine minus the bluetooth, so it's got the basic options. I'd love to upgrade to a white MB. I love all the technology you get with these cars as standard. I had considered an FG before the Mondeo, but by the time you start ticking the boxes for options, it can get to be quite expensive. With the exception of no bluetooth in mine, it pretty much had all what we wanted in a car.
Old 17-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I bought mine in Feb last year. I got mine minus the bluetooth, so it's got the basic options. I'd love to upgrade to a white MB. I love all the technology you get with these cars as standard. I had considered an FG before the Mondeo, but by the time you start ticking the boxes for options, it can get to be quite expensive. With the exception of no bluetooth in mine, it pretty much had all what we wanted in a car.
This car kills the FG as far as options goes, although its not as quick as an FG XR6 even its pokey enough for me, and kills the standard 2.3.. I love it.
Old 17-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With Bluefin available, that should help the car with a little more perk. NOVA ford on the Sunshine Coast are pretty active within the XR5T community. Doing mods, upgrades and putting their full support behind these cars and their owners. They are advising customers on the best options of getting more power out of their cars.
Old 17-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Your 2010 price of $38,410 is excellent. Mine was $41888, but then I didn't haggle ('tho down from the $46500 I was quoted back in April). Just happy to find one at all. Hopefully, the resale will hold up OK given the nature of the XR5 package Vs the other models.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Your 2010 price of $38,410 is excellent. Mine was $41888, but then I didn't haggle ('tho down from the $46500 I was quoted back in April). Just happy to find one at all. Hopefully, the resale will hold up OK given the nature of the XR5 package Vs the other models.
Yes having a fleet of company cars behind me gives me good incentive even when buying private for my g/f.

I really cant decide whether to buy the 09 or the 10, its only $1530 difference!
Old 18-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

buy the 10 model mate. i ordered mine in dec and they were 48k drive away so that's 10k off 6 months later for a current year model... you'd be mad not to take it!!

get the white, the silver really is YAWN material by comparison...

as for the XR6t, it may go faster in the straights, but it can't out-do a 5 on the bends...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #12
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

I totally agree with Mondo broady - do NOT get the silver

My cousin got that colour against my wishes (how dare he...lol) and I really do not think it does the car any justice at all

white would look awesome
Old 18-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #13
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

looks like some sleepy times ahead for me then......
Seriously, colour is personal choice. None of the other XR5 colours grab me. Like I said above, Tango would have been nice, but not avail in XR5 anymore.
Sea Grey does not 'do it' for me, 'tho I recognise it works for others. Each to their own.
....And I'm not having white again, like our '87 TX5 Ghia was.

As for '09 or '10, go the extra for 2010 model (IMHO).
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #14
warren77

Go the 2010.
Throw in Bluefin
and a GGR CAI

And you won't be able to get the smile off your face!

ohh and go the white over the silver.
I have sea grey and love the colour.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #15
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
looks like some sleepy times ahead for me then......
haha touche` ;)

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we are buying today, havent decided on colour yet we are waiting on price, but it will either be white or silver, i dont know why you guys dont like the Moondust silver, i think it looks fine??

Old 19-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry I fell asleep
What was the question again?
Lololol
Old 19-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #18
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh come on George!!

Its not that baddddd.. Im 70% Silver 30% White, becasue the bumpers on the white cars seem to look a bit offwhite / yellowish...

We cant wait to get it either way, now i need to build the house with the 3 garages!!
Old 19-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #19
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Leave the house as is Brent!
The missus car can stay outside.
At least that is what I am telling mine re car parking priority rights.
Fairlane 1
Landau 2
G6ET 3
....cough...Lancer...cough a distant 4th
Old 19-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Leave the house as is Brent!
The missus car can stay outside.
At least that is what I am telling mine re car parking priority rights.
Fairlane 1
Landau 2
G6ET 3
....cough...Lancer...cough a distant 4th
Well atm mate Ive only got 1 space, so 2 will be outside in the cold. Guess which one goes in the garage :P
Old 19-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #21
warren77

Just saw a Silver XR5 MB.
Not a fan
The dark rims with the silver just didn't suit.
Of course, if you are going aftermarket, then isn't an issue.

Good luck on purchase!
Old 19-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought a silver one..

2010 plate with ipod cable.

Cheers.
Old 19-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #23
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Pics or ban
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh when we get it next week! I got too much to do!
Old 19-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #25
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I didn't realise that they only come in manual ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #26
warren77

Yep.
Manual only.
6 speed box which is pretty good.
Old 19-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #27
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

No doub't it is, but I believe they would be limiting their market by having a manual option only, when a similar vehicle (Mazda 6 Luxury Sport's) is offered with a 5spd Auto, I never really considered the Mondeo untill this thread and looking into them as I've alway's liked the Mazda 6 LS, but my next vehicle will be a auto as I have had manual's all my life and I am getting lazy, lol.
Old 19-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #28
warren77

What is the engine in the Mazda Luxury Sports?

IMHO the biggest thing letting the Mondeo down is the lack of an integrated GPS and not the lack of the auto box.

As you can now get the Titanium spec with Auto - just lose the 2.5T.
Old 19-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #29
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
What is the engine in the Mazda Luxury Sports?

IMHO the biggest thing letting the Mondeo down is the lack of an integrated GPS and not the lack of the auto box.

As you can now get the Titanium spec with Auto - just lose the 2.5T.
The Mazda 6 is a 2.5 Ltr.
Engine size doesn't worry me at all, but an auto option does, as would with most people I assume, as most vehicle's sold these day's are Auto, but that's beside's the point, an option should be available.
Old 19-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #30
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
The Mazda 6 is a 2.5 Ltr.
Engine size doesn't worry me at all, but an auto option does, as would with most people I assume, as most vehicle's sold these day's are Auto, but that's beside's the point, an option should be available.
Go for a Titanium ZTEC or Diesel.
They have a 5 or 6 speed auto (can't remember which).

Like I said, basically the same car as the XR5 without the 2.5T engine.

Although the Mazda 6 isn't a bad car either. I nearly went for the MPS 6. But at over $20k on top of what I paid for the XR5, I couldn't justify it.