Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  
Default Orsmba

I had been driving a little Daihatsu Charade Sedan to and from work for a few years when it was obvious that I couldnt fit 3 kids comfortably in it.

My old man had a AU XR6 VCT which I liked, so I started looking around for one similar with no luck. Then decided to cash in some shares and look for a BA XR6. One condition that I set is that it had to have Premium Sound.

So off to the car yards. After a month or so of dealers asking way too much and not finding what I wanted I decided I'd try the Government Auctions. Spent about 3 months attending the Weekday auctions and always being outbid by dealers.

Then I decided to try a weekend auction. I had 3 cars I was going to bid on. A Harvest Green XR6, Phantom XR6 and a White XR6 all with about 60000km on the clock. Started bidding on Lot 3(Harvest XR6) when the bidding stalled at $22000 (my bid). Seeing as I was the highest bidder I was given a chance to strike a deal and get the car. I offered $23500 and it was a done deal.

Arranged the cheque on Monday and picked it up that afternoon and drove it to a mate to do the roady etc. On the way there some dumb truck driver decided he would do a left turn form the right lane with no indicator on and nearly wiped off the car. Thank goodness for ABS.

Here it is the day I got it registered.

One of the first things I did was put Typhoon Legs on the rear spoiler.

Then upgraded the Sub and rear speakers

Also got a cheap fairmont boot lid carpet.

Then I got a promotion at work. Which meant I got a company ute to drive around in. For about 1 year the XR stayed in the garage and only came out on weekends. My wife was still driving around in her car which she was happy with and I decided that I would try sell the XR privately then trade in the wifes car for a Territory.

After about 6 months of trying to sell the car, I gave up and decided to let the wife drive the XR around and I'd try and sell hers. Eventually we got a buyer for her car(1998 VT Acclaim with 100000k's on the clock in great condition) and I got rid of it.

Then I met the ORSM boys at the 2007 FPV Open day.

Here is the car how it stands pretty much today. 4490 Pacemaker Headers, 2.5 inch cat, XR6T centre and rear muffler. Sounds nice and goes ok.

Ill be keeping the car until I get around to getting my next one (TT Ghia).

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
Old 10-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Wonderful Matt... allways looks clean and the color coded under bonnet gear looks great to.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

Should see it at the moment Trist. Its a pig. Going to go out and wash it soon

Matt

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
Old 10-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Love the sound upgrade, just wish I had premo... Nice work Matt.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

Your car looked great when I saw it on sunday at Show us your Wheels

I love the engine bay the your all chrome grill the green engine cover underneath the bonnet catch. painted body, filter box with your ORSMBA sticker (where did you get that made it looks great) and all the other painted Items.

Best Harvest Green XR I have seen

Cheerz,
Closed Thread